Musician Therapy
Rusty Chops
Mar 16 2011, 08:51 AM
GMC:er
I have been wondering for a few years about this. I am a musician with a bad case of performance anxiety. At home I can play along with a considerably difficult piece of music, but in certain situations my self doubt takes over. These things are normal according to therapists I have seen in the past, but it can be debilitating when your hand locks up during a great solo destroying performances, and for me is very hard to overcome. My question is, how do you mentally cope with this and make it less of a problem? Are there techniques you use when in doubt? Mantras you say to yourself? Ways to keep yourself from becoming to tense with anxiety to play with a relaxed feel? I have never found much on the subject of the psyche as it applies to performance arts and I think it is an interesting thing. Please contribute anything you think would be helpful as I'm sure a lot of people could benefit from an in depth discussion of this topic.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 04:52 AM