Very Elementary Help?!, returning to the guitar.
blurred
Oct 4 2007, 02:05 AM
GMC:er
Hi to everybody reading this post.

I recently went to city near home and found a great blues bar which reminded me that somewhere in the back of my wardrobe i had an old Fender Strat. Great guitar if somewhat dusty but a trip to my local music shop, a set up and new strings sorted me right out!

I had no ability when i bought this guitar and have little now but every time i see any form of live music i want to play. And i really am enjoying it.

My problem i guess is very common. Although i practice for an hour or two a day, for fun and to challenge myself, i feel as though i have hit a wall.

It seems that maybe i want to run before i can walk (don't we all!) and i would like to challenge myself by learning songs that i actually like.

I have just invested in a subscription to this site which looks great and will undoubtedly help my playing in all musical forms but it seems that a particular song i would like to learn is unavailable in any form of tab, be it standard or guitar pro form.

I have worked out most of the lead work which seems to be very much a variation around the main intro lick but there is some really great sounding rhythm guitar that i cannot get quite right and it appears to be so simple!!!!!!

The song is 'Dimples' played by John Lee Hooker and Los Lobos and i just can't seem to get it right. I hope this isn't below your collective intellect and ability and i would be very grateful.

It appears on the 'John Lee Hooker and Friends' album. 'Boogie Chillun' with Eric Clapton would be good too if you have any spare time.....

Can't offer anything in return except for gratitude...

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:04 AM