6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Alternate Picking Workout
Gert1973
Jun 29 2023, 12:18 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hello Monica,

Here's a take from the second part of the lesson, with the last part as a first take. The last part did not feel so difficult to me as it is not so technical. Only the trills are new to me but I watched how Darius performed it and tried to copy it as good as possible. Of course it still needs work and practise but for the first time I'm quite happy about it.

Analysis:
0-28: this part feels more relaxed and comfortable to play. It's smoother then the last take. The vibrato's are better I think. Only the pinky still likes to swim tongue.gif
40-1.02: I hear good difference between muted and not muted. No big issues here...
1.07: this vibrato should last longer. I moved my finger too early.
1.10: the first trills are a bit harder to execute because it's higher up the fretboard.
1.29: I let the end chord ring too long

I'm satisfied with this take smile.gif

Cheers,
Gert

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Jun 29 2023, 01:53 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gert1973 @ Jun 29 2023, 11:18 AM) *
Hello Monica,

Here's a take from the second part of the lesson, with the last part as a first take. The last part did not feel so difficult to me as it is not so technical. Only the trills are new to me but I watched how Darius performed it and tried to copy it as good as possible. Of course it still needs work and practise but for the first time I'm quite happy about it.

Analysis:
0-28: this part feels more relaxed and comfortable to play. It's smoother then the last take. The vibrato's are better I think. Only the pinky still likes to swim tongue.gif
40-1.02: I hear good difference between muted and not muted. No big issues here...
1.07: this vibrato should last longer. I moved my finger too early.
1.10: the first trills are a bit harder to execute because it's higher up the fretboard.
1.29: I let the end chord ring too long

I'm satisfied with this take smile.gif

Cheers,
Gert

Hi Gert!

That's a really nice take and, from what I see, you succeeded in managing the last bars. That's great!!! smile.gif

As usual, your analysis is correct. smile.gif

Hmm....your G string sounds a little out of tune.

The vibrato is better but still requires a little more work. The motion should be wider. Imagine that you should play there half step (almost half step) down bends. To make a good vibrato, you need to have a solid point for your hand (same hand position as for the bends).

The trills - sound ok for the first try but....let me explain to you the technique to do them.
When we play trills, we use a combination of hammer-on and pull-off techniques.
Hammer-on means to hit the string with the tip of your finger without picking the string. It's actually what you have done in your take.
Pull-off is exactly the opposite of the hammer-on. You need to pull the finger off the fret, pulling on the string a little with that finger and letting the note ring. This is what is missing at this moment from your take.

Here you have a lesson about pull-off. Take a look to understand the technique better.
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/How-To...Offs/?part=main

Great work!!! For next time, you can try playing the entire lesson. smile.gif

Have a great day!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gert1973
Jul 2 2023, 11:01 AM
Hello Monica,

The task was... try and play the whole lesson.

Well... here it is! biggrin.gif

I must say it went quite smooth. I only needed 5 takes to get to this one. Of course there's always a kind of stress when you hit the record button and it affects your playing a little bit then without the record button. But I'm happy I can play this lesson already with minor mistakes.

Analysis:
0-1.18: this part goes really well. I think I played all the notes as they should be. All notes that should be muted are muted and vice versa.
1.19; unwanted noise here
1.18-1.46: This part is also going much better then the last take. I don't know if there's an improvement in the vibrato in this part? I tried to have my angle to execute these vibrato's.
2.00: this note was muted and should not be
2.18 and 2.24: the trills sound better, right?

I'm very satisfied about this take!

Let me know if there are some issues I need to adress wink.gif

Have a good sunday!

Gert

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Jul 2 2023, 01:10 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gert1973 @ Jul 2 2023, 10:01 AM) *
Hello Monica,

The task was... try and play the whole lesson.

Well... here it is! biggrin.gif

I must say it went quite smooth. I only needed 5 takes to get to this one. Of course there's always a kind of stress when you hit the record button and it affects your playing a little bit then without the record button. But I'm happy I can play this lesson already with minor mistakes.

Analysis:
0-1.18: this part goes really well. I think I played all the notes as they should be. All notes that should be muted are muted and vice versa.
1.19; unwanted noise here
1.18-1.46: This part is also going much better then the last take. I don't know if there's an improvement in the vibrato in this part? I tried to have my angle to execute these vibrato's.
2.00: this note was muted and should not be
2.18 and 2.24: the trills sound better, right?

I'm very satisfied about this take!

Let me know if there are some issues I need to adress wink.gif

Have a good sunday!

Gert

Hi Gert!

Great to see you playing the whole lesson. Your take sounds nice and I can see a lot of improvements. smile.gif

The G string still sounds a little out of tune on some particular frets. I wonder why, because I know you went with both your guitars at luthier. When you tune your guitar, please verify for me the 5th, 7th and 9th fret from the G string.

Vibrato - you are going in a good direction but....we are still far away from what we need. At this moment, you just make the note to "shake" around the perfect pitch. To make this vibrato work you need to apply the same technique as you did in the last part from the AC/DC lesson. Push the string down a little and then return the string to point zero. When you make the oscillations, you must audibly change the pitch of the note (with 3-4 cents). You can also count the number of pulsations (downward movements) that Darius does on each note.
To help you more, I can tell you that in the part between 1:18 - 1:36 you need to:
- on 1 pick the note, and on 2,3, 4 execute 3 downward movements. In this way, the vibrato will fit perfectly with the song.

Yes, the trills sound way better. Actually, you are very close to playing them perfectly. That's awesome!!! smile.gif

I liked your take and you really did a great job today!!!

You said that you "only needed 5 takes to get to this". That's really great. So... let's make things more spicy. laugh.gif
For next time, I think you are ready to raise the tempo a little (5-10 BPM). smile.gif

Have a great day!

+Quote Post
Gert1973
Jul 2 2023, 02:39 PM
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Jul 2 2023, 01:10 PM) *
Hi Gert!

Great to see you playing the whole lesson. Your take sounds nice and I can see a lot of improvements. smile.gif

The G string still sounds a little out of tune on some particular frets. I wonder why, because I know you went with both your guitars at luthier. When you tune your guitar, please verify for me the 5th, 7th and 9th fret from the G string.

Vibrato - you are going in a good direction but....we are still far away from what we need. At this moment, you just make the note to "shake" around the perfect pitch. To make this vibrato work you need to apply the same technique as you did in the last part from the AC/DC lesson. Push the string down a little and then return the string to point zero. When you make the oscillations, you must audibly change the pitch of the note (with 3-4 cents). You can also count the number of pulsations (downward movements) that Darius does on each note.
To help you more, I can tell you that in the part between 1:18 - 1:36 you need to:
- on 1 pick the note, and on 2,3, 4 execute 3 downward movements. In this way, the vibrato will fit perfectly with the song.

Yes, the trills sound way better. Actually, you are very close to playing them perfectly. That's awesome!!! smile.gif

I liked your take and you really did a great job today!!!

You said that you "only needed 5 takes to get to this". That's really great. So... let's make things more spicy. laugh.gif
For next time, I think you are ready to raise the tempo a little (5-10 BPM). smile.gif

Have a great day!

The G-string was indeed a little out of tune. Should be corrected now in the next take.

And the out of tune issue on 5th, 7th and 9th fret is because it's me pressing too hard on the string. This guitar has jumbo fret size and I just need to learn more not to press too hard.

Well spotted though... wink.gif

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Jul 2 2023, 03:06 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gert1973 @ Jul 2 2023, 01:39 PM) *
The G-string was indeed a little out of tune. Should be corrected now in the next take.

And the out of tune issue on 5th, 7th and 9th fret is because it's me pressing too hard on the string. This guitar has jumbo fret size and I just need to learn more not to press too hard.

Well spotted though... wink.gif

Great, I hardly wait to see a new take from you. smile.gif

Have a great evening!

+Quote Post
Gert1973
Jul 6 2023, 02:11 PM
Hi Monica,

Here's a first take on a new speed... 90 bpm

I did not expierence much difficulty playing at this speed. But that's probably my swet and pain paying of for playing it at a slower speed first biggrin.gif

Here's the take

Analysis:
0-1.08: The first part goes really well. No mistakes here I think
1.13: that note should last longer
1.08-1.25: The vibrato is going better. I tried to apply your feedback about the first note normal and then 3 counts vibrato. I think it's an improvement to the last take. Maybe some more practise on performing the vibrato as I think my guitar makes too much movement instead of the string on wich the vibrato is played on.
1.30: The first strum on the chord was not pure enough. I corrected it although...
1.50: wrong note or unwanted noise
1.56: unwanted string noise
2.02: first trill seems to be ok
2.08: second trill, timing of the last pull was not good I think

Overall satisfied about this take. No major mistakes or issues to be corrected I think. Just some more practise to get it better.

Cheers,
Gert

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Jul 6 2023, 03:24 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gert1973 @ Jul 6 2023, 01:11 PM) *
Hi Monica,

Here's a first take on a new speed... 90 bpm

I did not expierence much difficulty playing at this speed. But that's probably my swet and pain paying of for playing it at a slower speed first biggrin.gif

Here's the take

Analysis:
0-1.08: The first part goes really well. No mistakes here I think
1.13: that note should last longer
1.08-1.25: The vibrato is going better. I tried to apply your feedback about the first note normal and then 3 counts vibrato. I think it's an improvement to the last take. Maybe some more practise on performing the vibrato as I think my guitar makes too much movement instead of the string on wich the vibrato is played on.
1.30: The first strum on the chord was not pure enough. I corrected it although...
1.50: wrong note or unwanted noise
1.56: unwanted string noise
2.02: first trill seems to be ok
2.08: second trill, timing of the last pull was not good I think

Overall satisfied about this take. No major mistakes or issues to be corrected I think. Just some more practise to get it better.

Cheers,
Gert

Hi Gert!

For the first attempt at this new speed, I can say that you succeeded in managing the lesson quite well. That's awesome!!! smile.gif

Yes, you are right, all your practice at a slower tempo is now paying off. And this is just the beginning. wink.gif

Besides the things that you pointed out (which are correct as usual), you have some little timing issues.

0:04 - 0:10 - you tend to hurry.

0:52 - you played this note a little late

0:57 - you rushed this note

Vibrato - it's definitely better than last time. I can see that you understood my explanation and you applied it. What does not work at this moment is exactly what you pointed out - too much guitar movement instead of string movement (we don't have that down bends yet). biggrin.gif Let's wait and see how this vibrato will work after more practice.

Be more careful of unwanted string noises (1:07; 1:15; 1:19; 1:24; 1:28, etc).

You did really great work!!! As you also said....no major mistakes. I'm proud of you!!! smile.gif

I think you need a few more days of practice at this speed. If your next take will sounds perfect from the timing point of view, then we can raise the tempo more.

Have a great evening!

+Quote Post
Gert1973
Jul 10 2023, 11:45 AM
Hi Monica,

This morning I wanted to send in a new take on this lesson. I was not 'into my game' this morning. It took me 77 takes before I had this one and I'm not 100% happy with it.

But I think at least, I fixed the timing issues smile.gif

Analysis:
0-1.08: No notes missed nor any mistakes but I know I already played this part 'smoother'.
1.13: only 2 vibrato's applied instead of 3
The vibrato's in this part: I have better control of them. The strings move more then my guitar biggrin.gif But also here, I've played them more smooth the past days then today.
1.37: messed up a few notes here
From here till the end no mistakes spotted.
But... as already mentioned a few times. I have played it more smooth. Maybe because of the 76 previous attempts I was losing focus and accuracy wink.gif

Have a great day!
Gert

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Jul 10 2023, 01:11 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gert1973 @ Jul 10 2023, 10:45 AM) *
Hi Monica,

This morning I wanted to send in a new take on this lesson. I was not 'into my game' this morning. It took me 77 takes before I had this one and I'm not 100% happy with it.

But I think at least, I fixed the timing issues smile.gif

Analysis:
0-1.08: No notes missed nor any mistakes but I know I already played this part 'smoother'.
1.13: only 2 vibrato's applied instead of 3
The vibrato's in this part: I have better control of them. The strings move more then my guitar biggrin.gif But also here, I've played them more smooth the past days then today.
1.37: messed up a few notes here
From here till the end no mistakes spotted.
But... as already mentioned a few times. I have played it more smooth. Maybe because of the 76 previous attempts I was losing focus and accuracy wink.gif

Have a great day!
Gert

Hi Gert!

Don't worry, we all have good and bad days. It's normal, we are not machines. smile.gif
Also, judging after the fact that you made 77 takes today, I can say that you have good endurance. biggrin.gif This is a great thing.

Your analysis is correct.

I can hear that you improved the timing. There are just tiny slips like at: 0:19, 1:25.

The vibrato looks better. It still needs more work but you are going in a good direction.

Be careful to always play the palm muting on the sweet spot. Also, you have moments where you press too hard with your right hand on the strings and this enhances the staccato effect.

Overall, you did great work. You corrected the previous issues and that's the most important thing. You made some mistakes just because you didn't had a perfect day for recording. Don't worry about it.
For next time, you can raise the tempo with 5 - 10 BPM. smile.gif

Have a great practice time!

+Quote Post
Gert1973
Jul 10 2023, 03:52 PM
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Jul 10 2023, 01:11 PM) *
Hi Gert!

Don't worry, we all have good and bad days. It's normal, we are not machines. smile.gif
Also, judging after the fact that you made 77 takes today, I can say that you have good endurance. biggrin.gif This is a great thing.

Your analysis is correct.

I can hear that you improved the timing. There are just tiny slips like at: 0:19, 1:25.

The vibrato looks better. It still needs more work but you are going in a good direction.

Be careful to always play the palm muting on the sweet spot. Also, you have moments where you press too hard with your right hand on the strings and this enhances the staccato effect.

Overall, you did great work. You corrected the previous issues and that's the most important thing. You made some mistakes just because you didn't had a perfect day for recording. Don't worry about it.
For next time, you can raise the tempo with 5 - 10 BPM. smile.gif

Have a great practice time!

I will go for 10... laugh.gif Still a long way to go to reach the initial speed of 160bpm.

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Jul 10 2023, 05:25 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gert1973 @ Jul 10 2023, 02:52 PM) *
I will go for 10... laugh.gif Still a long way to go to reach the initial speed of 160bpm.

Hahaha...I knew you would choose 10. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Gert1973
Jul 13 2023, 11:30 AM
Hello Monica,

Here's a first take at 100bpm

The first half of the lesson goes pretty good. I will need more practice with the second half. Especially the vibrato and a little bit on the trills.

Analysis:
31: this note did not ring good
34: unwanted string noise
1.01: strange unwanted string noise going from 4th fret second string to 7th fret 5th string and the note on the 5th string 7th fret all not good
1.04: only 2 vibrato
1.17: note not clear enough
1.50: trill not 100% good
1.57: trills start good but last two are rushed

I will practice the second part more and concentrate on the vibrato and the timing of the trills.

Note: After posting this, I wanted to practice the vibrato's some more so I had a new close look at how Darius performs the vibrato's.
In the main video, I counted the oscillations (and I hope I have the correct understanding of this word, hahahaha). On the first vibrato, he does 3 oscillations and on the second vibrato 2. The same for the 3th and the 4th vibrato (3 and 2) and same for 5th and 6th, right?
But on the slow video, the oscillations are different. Every vibrato has 3 oscillations...

So that means alternate 3 oscillations and 2 oscillations for the vibrato?

I also noticed he uses a different technique on the main video then on the slow video number 5 (look at 1.13-1.21). On the slow video on the 3th, 4th, 5th and 6th vibrate his hand does not have an angle on the guitar. That the reason I used the technique as in the slow video number 5 at one of the first takes I made of this lesson. But as you explained to me yesterday, I have to look at the main video wink.gif

But now you know why I did those vibrato's with no angle on the guitar as you pointed out in your feedback laugh.gif

Have a good day!

Gert

This post has been edited by Gert1973: Jul 13 2023, 12:08 PM

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Jul 13 2023, 12:55 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gert1973 @ Jul 13 2023, 10:30 AM) *
Hello Monica,

Here's a first take at 100bpm

The first half of the lesson goes pretty good. I will need more practice with the second half. Especially the vibrato and a little bit on the trills.

Analysis:
31: this note did not ring good
34: unwanted string noise
1.01: strange unwanted string noise going from 4th fret second string to 7th fret 5th string and the note on the 5th string 7th fret all not good
1.04: only 2 vibrato
1.17: note not clear enough
1.50: trill not 100% good
1.57: trills start good but last two are rushed

I will practice the second part more and concentrate on the vibrato and the timing of the trills.

Note: After posting this, I wanted to practice the vibrato's some more so I had a new close look at how Darius performs the vibrato's.
In the main video, I counted the oscillations (and I hope I have the correct understanding of this word, hahahaha). On the first vibrato, he does 3 oscillations and on the second vibrato 2. The same for the 3th and the 4th vibrato (3 and 2) and same for 5th and 6th, right?
But on the slow video, the oscillations are different. Every vibrato has 3 oscillations...

So that means alternate 3 oscillations and 2 oscillations for the vibrato?

I also noticed he uses a different technique on the main video then on the slow video number 5 (look at 1.13-1.21). On the slow video on the 3th, 4th, 5th and 6th vibrate his hand does not have an angle on the guitar. That the reason I used the technique as in the slow video number 5 at one of the first takes I made of this lesson. But as you explained to me yesterday, I have to look at the main video wink.gif

But now you know why I did those vibrato's with no angle on the guitar as you pointed out in your feedback laugh.gif

Have a good day!

Gert

Hi Gert!

For a first attempt at 100 BPM it sounds quite good. But it feels that you are not comfortable yet with this speed. Give yourself more days of practice when you change the tempo. smile.gif

Besides the issues that you pointed out, there are a few more.

1. You do not play the notes equally. More days of practice will fix this issue. tongue.gif At this moment, you tend to run after the backing track and this makes you lose control of the picking hand.

2. On the section with reverse picking, you do not play the palm muting on the sweet spot.

3. Vibrato - this doesn't look good yet. Also, be careful when you make the vibrato, not to press the string too strongly because the note will sound wrong.
Let's see how your vibrato will look after one more week of practice and if this does not work, I will give you additional homework. biggrin.gif

Now let's answer to your questions about vibrato.
Yes, you understood correctly the meaning of the "oscillation" word. On the first vibrato, Darius makes 3 oscillations and on the second vibrato, 2 oscillations. On the 3th and 4th, vibrato (3 and 3) and for 5th and 6th (3 and 2). If you play all the vibrato using 3 oscillations it is not a problem. It is important to not exceed more than 3 oscillations because it will change the feel in the song.

Yes, in the slow video, the vibrato is different. That's why in this thread (on my feedback from 20 June 05:09 PM) I told you to apply the vibrato from the main video (not from the slow video). laugh.gif
So, keep in mind that for all the lessons, the main video is the important one. Always compare your playing with the main video. In some advanced lessons you will see some licks that were designed for a very fast speed. At a slow tempo, they can't sound in the same way.

4.Trills - When you execute the hammer-on, add more force to your finger when you hit the string. Also, you need to play the trills faster. Practice them separately, from slowly to a maximum level of speed.

For next time, prepare a take at the same speed. smile.gif

Have a great day!

This post has been edited by Monica Gheorghevici: Jul 13 2023, 12:56 PM

+Quote Post
Gert1973
Jul 19 2023, 12:28 PM
Hello Monica,

Today I prepared a new take on this lesson. I think I'm used to the speed now. Also the bends and the trills have improved. This take has tiny mistakes but I'm happy with the result.

Analysis:
25: Missed a note here (upstroke)
1.02-1.16: I have played every vibrato with 3 oscillations. Sometimes the third one is a little weak.
1.22: I think I have unwanted noise in this chord
1.26: The first upstroke is a little muted
1.43: This note is not played correctly.
1.50: Trill fast enough or too fast?
2.00: I have played the ned part smoother already. No mistakes on the notes, but it must be a little smoother.

Have a good day!
Gert

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Jul 19 2023, 01:49 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gert1973 @ Jul 19 2023, 11:28 AM) *
Hello Monica,

Today I prepared a new take on this lesson. I think I'm used to the speed now. Also the bends and the trills have improved. This take has tiny mistakes but I'm happy with the result.

Analysis:
25: Missed a note here (upstroke)
1.02-1.16: I have played every vibrato with 3 oscillations. Sometimes the third one is a little weak.
1.22: I think I have unwanted noise in this chord
1.26: The first upstroke is a little muted
1.43: This note is not played correctly.
1.50: Trill fast enough or too fast?
2.00: I have played the ned part smoother already. No mistakes on the notes, but it must be a little smoother.

Have a good day!
Gert

Hi Gert!

That's a really awesome take!!! The trills sound good. Also, the vibrato is very improved (the ones with 3 oscillations). I mean the part from 1:02 - 1:16. This is exactly what I expected to see from you. Huge congrats!!!

Your analysis is correct. smile.gif The trill from 1:50 is good (fast enough for this speed)

Now let's fix the other notes with vibrato.

1:33 and 1:43 - we will apply the same thinking as we did on the previous notes with vibrato. But...this time pick the note on number one and then make 7 oscillations.

1:46 - pick the note on number one and then make 6 oscillations

1:48 and 1:49 - pick the note on number one + 3 oscillations

1:52 - pick the note on number one + 7 oscillations

You did amazing work today! I'm very proud of you!!! smile.gif

For next time, you can raise the tempo with 10 BPM. biggrin.gif

Have a great day!

This post has been edited by Monica Gheorghevici: Jul 19 2023, 01:51 PM

+Quote Post
Gert1973
Jul 28 2023, 08:44 AM
Good morning Monica,

Here's the result of the practice at 110bpm. I did not experience much difficulty at his new speed. The part with the vibrato is going a little bit smoother and starts to feel more comfortable and easy to play and the trills also start to work nicely.

Analysis:
0-56: Good difference between muted and not muted. I did not spot any mistakes here.
58: this note did not ring long enough
1.08: this vibrato sounds not clear enough
1.32: 2 consecutive notes did not sound clear enough
1.41: I like how the trill sounds wink.gif
1.45-end: good trill, clean ending, no mistakes spotted

I'm happy with this take. Just some tiny mistakes. Maybe you can tell me some issues that needs to be addressed? But that actually a very rhetorical question tongue.gif

Have a great day!

Gert

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Jul 28 2023, 10:10 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gert1973 @ Jul 28 2023, 07:44 AM) *
Good morning Monica,

Here's the result of the practice at 110bpm. I did not experience much difficulty at his new speed. The part with the vibrato is going a little bit smoother and starts to feel more comfortable and easy to play and the trills also start to work nicely.

Analysis:
0-56: Good difference between muted and not muted. I did not spot any mistakes here.
58: this note did not ring long enough
1.08: this vibrato sounds not clear enough
1.32: 2 consecutive notes did not sound clear enough
1.41: I like how the trill sounds wink.gif
1.45-end: good trill, clean ending, no mistakes spotted

I'm happy with this take. Just some tiny mistakes. Maybe you can tell me some issues that needs to be addressed? But that actually a very rhetorical question tongue.gif

Have a great day!

Gert

Hi Gert!

You came up with a new awesome take!!! smile.gif

I really like how things are going. Your right hand has a good posture and the movements look very natural.
Even your left hand started looking better. Mostly because the more we increase the speed, the fingers are forced to do less swimming. Of course, there are a few spots where your pinky tends to pass out. laugh.gif But...I'm not worried about it because very soon your left hand will not have enough time to add unnecessary movements. tongue.gif

Besides the things that you pointed out, be careful in the beginning part of the lesson (0:04 - 0:14) when you play on the first two strings (E and A), to apply a better palm muting.

About vibrato - at 1:03 -1:09 when you have the vibrato with 3 oscillations, it looked and sounded better last time. Just try in this particular part to have as reference your last take.
For the rest of the bends, I can notice a huge improvement. Mostly when you make the vibrato with your pinky finger. That's really great.

I don't have other complaints. You did an awesome work and I'm happy with this result. smile.gif

For next time, you can raise the speed with 10 BPM. biggrin.gif

Have a great day!

+Quote Post
Gert1973
Aug 16 2023, 04:05 PM
Hi Monica,

Back from holiday and 7 days without playing guitar biggrin.gif But the past days I have picked it up again and continued my journey! I must say it's good to put the guitar aside sometimes. My teacher told me the brain needs some time to organize everything you learned and I must say it did me good to just not practice and leave everything to rest for a period.

But now I'm back and I prepared this take! Speed is now 120BPM and already more challenging of course. I think I need much more practice before I will be able to play it at full speed.

Here's the take:

Analysis:
29: unwanted string noise
51-1.02: I have worked on the bends and I think they are better now.
1.11: this note is muted and should not be
1.32: I think this trill is performed good, I like how they start to sound

I can not hear big mistakes and I'm happy with this take! Although it took many to come to this one. The longer I practice, the more my fingers and specially my pinky starts to swim more tongue.gif But overall... I'm happy how this take sounds!

Await your judgement as always laugh.gif

Cheers,
Gert

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Aug 16 2023, 05:19 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gert1973 @ Aug 16 2023, 03:05 PM) *
Hi Monica,

Back from holiday and 7 days without playing guitar biggrin.gif But the past days I have picked it up again and continued my journey! I must say it's good to put the guitar aside sometimes. My teacher told me the brain needs some time to organize everything you learned and I must say it did me good to just not practice and leave everything to rest for a period.

But now I'm back and I prepared this take! Speed is now 120BPM and already more challenging of course. I think I need much more practice before I will be able to play it at full speed.

Here's the take:

Analysis:
29: unwanted string noise
51-1.02: I have worked on the bends and I think they are better now.
1.11: this note is muted and should not be
1.32: I think this trill is performed good, I like how they start to sound

I can not hear big mistakes and I'm happy with this take! Although it took many to come to this one. The longer I practice, the more my fingers and specially my pinky starts to swim more tongue.gif But overall... I'm happy how this take sounds!

Await your judgement as always laugh.gif

Cheers,
Gert

Hi Gert!

Welcome back! I hope you had an amazing holiday. smile.gif

Yes, sometimes a break can do miracles. When the techniques are learned in a good way, there are no chances of losing the skills that you earned. smile.gif

Now, let's talk about your take.

You raised the tempo but you still manage to play everything. That's really amazing!!! smile.gif

Your analysis is correct as usual. Yes, the trills started to sound good.

Hmm.....I think at 51-1:02 you wanted to say that you worked at vibrato not at the bends. laugh.gif

Be careful when you make the vibrato to not press the string too hard because it will sound out of tune.

I know that the longer time you practice the more your fingers start swimming. But...you need to minimize left hand movements. tongue.gif The more you raise the speed, the more you need to get rid of unnecessary finger movements.

Also, take care at your right hand. You have moments where your hand looks too tensed.

Overall, you made an awesome take and I'm very, very proud of you!!! smile.gif

For next time, you can add 5 -10 BPM but with one condition. A few more days, please still play the lesson at this current speed (120BPM). At the moment when you feel yourself relaxed and your fingers stop swimming, only then can you raise the tempo.

Have a great evening!

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 01:09 PM