2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Line6 Pod Xt Live
Gabbez
Oct 15 2008, 08:38 PM
GMC:er
Ok smile.gif Thanks all for the help! Will look around some more and go try this things. Thanks all!

/// Gabbez

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jeff
Oct 15 2008, 08:43 PM
Let me throw out something to consider, especially if you are a beginner. With all of these types of amps these days, - Line6 mostly from my experience - you will get A LOT of built in effects that you may or may not use. Usually, they come with an owners manual that can choke a horse - perhaps these days they are on CD, but regardless, sometimes you can get caught up in a mess of effects that you don't know how to get out of, especially playing live. I know from owning a Line6 AX212. Too many things to program for me.

Anyway, you may get lost in all of that stuff. I'm too lazy to keep up with all of it but that certainly does not mean that you will be, but sometimes simplicity is the best thing. Admittedly, I own a PODxt for recording and I love it. But for live applications, you may consider a good used or new tube amp with no built in effects apart from maybe reverb and then buy separate effect pedals, and only those ones you know you will use. I'm leaning in that direction myself. It just seems easier to me.

Just consider all of your options. Especially re-sale value. A good tube amp will holds it's value for longer and in my opinion, will almost always sound better, although others will certainly disagree. Just my 2 cents. You already have some great advice from other members above. Best of luck! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
jer
Oct 15 2008, 09:08 PM
This is an excellent point.

These newfangled modeling multi effects things can be a bit complicated.

To become fluent in their use and to achieve success you'll need to spend some time tweaking. The preset tones will likely ONLY sound good on headphones and your PC. Not your amp. You'll need to tweak for that.

It can be done. Lots of folks are doing it.

But you gotta be committed to reading the manual and working to understand what it is you just bought.

You have 100 pedals and a complicated preamp sitting there with a tuner and some other crap thrown in on top of it.

Its gonna take time to learn how to run it.

If you arent patient you'll get frustrated and will be unhppy with it.

Some folks read manuals.

Some dont.

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Handmade Marshall JCM800 50watt head (with mods)
Carvin 50x2 Stereo Tube Amp
Boss GT-10 Preamp/Effects Processor
Digitech GSP-1101 Preamp/Effects Processor
Behringer FCB1010 Midi Controlled Floorboard
Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 POD with 2.3 upgrade
Line 6 Floor Board
Line 6 Spider III Practice Amp
Nady UHF Wireless

"Who will eat the decay, when the worms have lost their sight?"

+Quote Post
Gabbez
Oct 16 2008, 10:33 PM
Thanks for help all, I appreciate it!

Cheers // Gabbez!

This post has been edited by Gabbez: Oct 16 2008, 10:53 PM

+Quote Post
Noangels
Oct 16 2008, 11:10 PM
I dont know guys,your making out modeling amps to be hard to use!

I tell you how easy the pod pro was for me-I tried preset 5.b and that was it!No eq adjusts,just added verb to my tastes and that did me happy for a few years!I couldnt give a monkeys about my Vetta heads built in pedal sounds,I just liked it for its great emulated amp head tones and yet again just added verb to my tastes and delay for the solo presets.
Same with my digitech 2120's or soldano,just find an amp tone you like and just fine tune the eq and gain and away you go!

Of course I dont use any of that now as I prefer the old fashioned way of close mic'ng speakers and cranking a tube amp as I dont have any neigbours near the bands recording area-and getting a good tone on any tube amp I have used is no easier than playing a modeling amp.

You can make your tone quest as easy or as hard as you want,if you want to buy millions of pedals then fair enough or perhaps you might just like me just want to plug your lead in a head and thats it:)

In fact tube amps are harder to dial in when you want to add verb/delay/phasers or whatever FX you have lying around as you have to patch into the fx loop or set your pedal chain in the correct order for every one to work the best it can.With modeling amps when you add multy fx they normaly go straight away in the right order they are ment to be!

--------------------
Ibanez geo and a line 6 spider

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 01:39 AM