Recording Quality; Tips & Tricks, Recorded initial song, feedback needed
Roadside
Jul 27 2017, 12:45 PM
GMC:er
Hey GmC Family,

long time has passed since I was active, but I hope to be back with higher consistency.

Actually we just started a recent local "band" and kicked off a first recording which I would like to share with you.

Recording set-up:

ENGL Screamer Combo via Shure Sm 57 & Steinberg UR 242
Vocals via condensator mic (dont know the article now) and we tried to somehow seal the environment to have a more stable voice with less echo.
Bass n/a
Drums via VST instrument

Cubase

Anyhow, the song is not finished and it was just to record the basic ideas and give it a structure. We will completely rerecord as I have changed to a different amp now. The ENGL was a monster in distortion, but very unflexibel in adjust the distortion. It was just too much, as you will hear on the record.

What I am wondering about is that our vocals sound a trillion times better live than recorded. The voice gets flat and it feels like it has no clear position in the recording.

Before starting the next record I just wanted to get some feedback on what you think of recording quality. Besides of course the song, but this is quite subjective and just an idea yet.

Attached File  GoodRiddance_Stereo.wma ( 8.63MB ) Number of downloads: 65

Many thanks in advance guys! biggrin.gif

Tim

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 02:50 PM