Is This A Scale?
JTaylor
Jan 26 2012, 11:56 AM
Apprentice Roadie
Hey everybody!
Hoping someone can help me here. I'm trying to relax and just enjoy practicing the things I am learning on here so I decided to look for a backing track I could just play around with. I found one with D minor. This is what I was playing with it. I have no idea what scale this is or if it even is one. I did it quite by accident because I was trying the A Minor Harmonic and it did not work. Is this a scale and, if so, what is it? Thanks!

[font="Courier New"][/font]
E-------------------------------------5-6-8
B-----------------------------5-6-8--------
G-----------------------5-7----------------
D---------------5-7-8---------------------
A-------5-7-8-----------------------------
E--6-8-------------------------------------

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
Sinisa Cekic
Jan 26 2012, 12:36 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (JTaylor @ Jan 26 2012, 11:56 AM) *
Hey everybody!
Hoping someone can help me here. I'm trying to relax and just enjoy practicing the things I am learning on here so I decided to look for a backing track I could just play around with. I found one with D minor. This is what I was playing with it. I have no idea what scale this is or if it even is one. I did it quite by accident because I was trying the A Minor Harmonic and it did not work. Is this a scale and, if so, what is it? Thanks!

[font="Courier New"][/font]
E-------------------------------------5-6-8
B-----------------------------5-6-8--------
G-----------------------5-7----------------
D---------------5-7-8---------------------
A-------5-7-8-----------------------------
E--6-8-------------------------------------

That is D minor scale smile.gif. Root (D) note is on A string 5 fret. Showed position is maybe confusing a bit because it doesn't starts from the basic tone ,but if you look at D minor scale, you'll see that you are on the right track smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
JTaylor
Jan 26 2012, 12:39 PM
Apprentice Roadie
QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Jan 26 2012, 11:36 AM) *
That is D minor scale smile.gif. Root (D) note is on A string 5 fret. Showed position is maybe confusing a bit because it doesn't starts from the basic tone ,but if you look at D minor scale, you'll see that you are on the right track smile.gif

Cool! Thank you Sinisa! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jan 26 2012, 12:43 PM
Instructor
Anytime man wink.gif D minor Here's the D minor scale over the whole neck!

--------------------

+Quote Post
JTaylor
Jan 26 2012, 10:20 PM
Apprentice Roadie
QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Jan 26 2012, 11:43 AM) *
Anytime man wink.gif D minor Here's the D minor scale over the whole neck!

You must have read my mind! I was going to put a post to see if it was somewhere on here. Thanks again! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jan 27 2012, 02:59 AM
Instructor
You can look at it as a Dmi scale but if you are using modes it's a Bb Lydian starting with a root

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:05 AM