Bend/vibrato
vampire18
Mar 4 2009, 09:57 PM
Learning Rock Star
which way should i bend the strings? i mean im sure we all bend the low e down and the high e up but all the rest do you do all up? all down? a mix of the two?

plus i played something for my real life teacher and he said he thinks i should vibrato upwards but when i look at marcus and some other instructors they vibrato both up and down but most of the time i think they vibrato down.
i need a little explanation on what to do when or at least what should i practice more?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
berko
Mar 5 2009, 12:01 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (vampire18 @ Mar 4 2009, 11:54 PM) *
so your suggesting practicing both? they sound and act the same?

Sound-wise there is no difference at all. Sometimes I bend the G string downwards playing on the lower frets because this way I get a better grip at it and if there is still space for it, why not? It's totally up to you. However, applying vibrato to a string that is bent downwards is a whole different matter wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
vampire18
Mar 5 2009, 12:25 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (berko @ Mar 5 2009, 01:01 AM) *
Sound-wise there is no difference at all. Sometimes I bend the G string downwards playing on the lower frets because this way I get a better grip at it and if there is still space for it, why not? It's totally up to you. However, applying vibrato to a string that is bent downwards is a whole different matter wink.gif

why is that a different matter? if you bend downwards than you just vibrato downwards no?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 05:02 AM