Practice With Injury
kaznie_NL
Jan 20 2010, 08:23 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey GMC,

I've gotten myself a little injury while playing guitar, Ivan already found the most probably problem in my playing, bad posture wink.gif I'll have to fix that, but for now, I'll first have to wait with playing guitar, because my right shoulder should heal properly before I can play without pains wink.gif So... my questions:

I think I have what's called tendonitis, meaning the place where your tendon connects to the bone, there's inflamation. I think I have that on my right shoulder, but not very bad. It's just a sensitive spot, and I feel it in a few everyday things, like pushing a door open with the outside of your arm.
for instance, if you stand straight up, with your right arm between you and a wall, knuckles facing forward, and your push your arm outside against the wall, my shoulder hurts. Well not when YOU push, of course, when I do cool.gif does anyone know any exercises to help it heal quicker? Now, after I quit playing for half a week, the pain disappears, but playing for ten minutes and it hurts the next day tongue.gif not a lot, just a anoying bit tongue.gif

Then the second question, does anyone have an idea on how to improvemy general guitar playing in any way, without demanding anything from the right arm? There has to be some way biggrin.gif

I also have a gig next wensday biggrin.gif and practice on Tuesday tongue.gif that'll mean a bit of a sore arm on thursday tongue.gif any tips on how to minimize the injury after playin? ofcourse stretching is important, but maybe more?

Kaz wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 01:17 AM