What Do You Think About The Strat With Floy Rose?
coffeeman
Nov 28 2007, 08:19 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
The fender stratocaster has been always my favorite guitar, I owned a american standard a couple of years ago but I had to sell it. So I want to know your opinion about the Fender Stratocaster with floyd rose, and humbucker. I guess I will not have the traditional sound of the Standard Strat but I will have other things.

Floyd Rose Strat

So lets hear(read) your opinions.

Bye.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fkalich
Nov 28 2007, 08:29 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (coffeeman @ Nov 28 2007, 01:19 PM) *
The fender stratocaster has been always my favorite guitar, I owned a american standard a couple of years ago but I had to sell it. So I want to know your opinion about the Fender Stratocaster with floyd rose, and humbucker. I guess I will not have the traditional sound of the Standard Strat but I will have other things.

Floyd Rose Strat

Bye.

I have a humbucker on a tele and really like that. you might want to try it out first, but if you like it, you don't have to run with the herd, if you like it, get it.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Nov 28 2007, 08:29 PM
This is the type of Strat i would want to be playing if i used a strat smile.gif I've never realy got to play one with floyd much .As long as it would stay in tune and i could put some distortion humbucker in the bridge i'd say i would love it.I had a deluxe strat and i installed a SH-6 Distortion humbucker in it and i have still to this day never heard a better sounding guitar for my style.I dont know what it was maybe the ash body along with the pickup,but man i miss that thing.

Only thing that makes me overlook strat's alot is many come in 21 fret's mad.gif and 22.I never really see a 24 fret but man i have to atleast have 22 or it stops me from playing so many solo's.

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
MickeM
Nov 28 2007, 08:36 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (coffeeman @ Nov 28 2007, 08:19 PM) *

Floyd Rose Strat

Bye.

Looks good, I'm surprised they waited until now, if this is their first FR model.

QUOTE (shredmandan @ Nov 28 2007, 08:29 PM) *
Only thing that makes me overlook strat's alot is many come in 21 fret's mad.gif and 22.I never really see a 24 fret but man i have to atleast have 22 or it stops me from playing so many solo's.

I agree 21 frets, why do they stop there? 22 is so much better since you can bend up to the E

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Nov 28 2007, 08:38 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (MickeM @ Nov 28 2007, 02:36 PM) *
Looks good, I'm surprised they waited until now, if this is their first FR model.
I agree 21 frets, why do they stop there? 22 is so much better since you can bend up to the E

I don't think this is the first model, if I'm not wrong The Edge and Richie Sambora have used this guitar for many years.

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Nov 28 2007, 09:55 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
I think Fender did a "HM" series of guitars many years ago with a Floyd style locking trem, I`m suprised they didnt keep it going, I guess Charvel/Jackson & Ibanez had the market captured at the time?, I think it looks great! smile.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Kevin98497
Nov 28 2007, 10:57 PM
GOOO FOORRR ITTTT!! you wil love it! dont forget to get those locking tuners for your headstock though

+Quote Post
USAMAN
Nov 29 2007, 01:09 AM
I have a Warmoth "strat" with a floyd rose.

One thing that you will find is the standard strat jack kinda gets in the way of the wammy bar. The cable end sticks out a little farther than it should to fit your had around the wammy bar without hitting it...takes a little getting use to..Im use to it ...love the guitar. If i were building another I would have warmoth cut it into the back side (strat jack).

--------------------
If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat ?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 03:52 PM