2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Guitarrero Mtp Thread, April-2010
Lian Gerbino
Jun 3 2010, 09:41 PM
Instructor
well here we are. the next assignment is this one.
I'm only need you play the 2 first exercises, the sweeping ones.
this is not that easy as it looks, so, pay attention on the fingers you have to use, and find a good tempo you can play it well and fluent. it's not important to shred it.
also, here we are adding some sweeping for your right hand, so we'll see how it works.

have fun!

btw, have you seen the bts above right?
Assignment 4:
finger-independence-IV

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 3 2010, 10:18 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hi Lian,
yeah, I've seen the BTs and am gonna record a take at 180 bpm tomorrow. Cool new lesson, I think I'm gonna record a first take tomorrow as well, it works out pretty well already. But I'm not sure if my sweeping technique is right...
See ya!
Christian

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jun 3 2010, 10:39 PM
Instructor
cool! looking forward them! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 4 2010, 12:29 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hi Lian,
here are my first takes of the finger independence exercise. I recorded it at 70 bpm, left-hand-wise I could have done it a bit faster, but I really focused on my right-hand technique, so the left hand kinda suffered from that...I'm not sure, is my sweeping technique right? I played a bit with the pick angle to create a fluent motion. but I don't have a clue if I've done it correctly.
Oh, and I did a first record of my Scorpions lesson, there are still a few wrong notes in it and I need to brush up the second part of the solo, but I'd really like to hear your opinion on it. I had to record it with my Fender Stratocaster, so the sound is not that aggresive and sometimes out of tune (especially in the picking part). Really need to work on the set-up of that guitar.
Anyway, here are the videos and the first try of my hard rock ballad/Scorpions-style SI lesson (yes, you guys who follow this thread silently may also download it wink.gif )

Edit: First video is completely out of sync, I don't know why. It works completely normal on my computer. Must be a youtube error, I've uploaded it three times now...

This post has been edited by Gitarrero: Jun 4 2010, 12:36 PM

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 4 2010, 09:37 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hi Lian,
here we go with the Patterns at 180 bpm. I'm gonna shoot a few more videos of this exercise at 180 and 200 bpm this weekend, just wanted to show what I can do now. There are a few mistakes, but I think I'm pretty close...I'm pretty good at it when I've played for two hours before, now it's only 15 minutes, but anyway...
Oh, have you noticed? My status just got updated to learning rock star!

This post has been edited by Gitarrero: Jun 4 2010, 09:38 PM

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 5 2010, 09:49 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hi Lian,
I got the BT for the hammer-on and pull-off lesson, so here is the result. As I said before, I really need to fix the setup of the guitar (good that Marcus did a lesson on that) as the sound is really bad once I go beyond the 12th fret.
I'll be at my place tomorrow so I can record with my Ibanez guitar again.
See ya!

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 8 2010, 08:38 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hi Lian,
looks like you're really busy at the moment!
Anyway, I recorded myself playing the Patterns at 200 bpm now. I'm still not comfortable with it, and I'm pretty desperate cause I just can't play them at 220...any suggestions?
See ya!

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jun 9 2010, 04:55 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jun 4 2010, 08:29 AM) *
Hi Lian,
here are my first takes of the finger independence exercise. I recorded it at 70 bpm, left-hand-wise I could have done it a bit faster, but I really focused on my right-hand technique, so the left hand kinda suffered from that...I'm not sure, is my sweeping technique right? I played a bit with the pick angle to create a fluent motion. but I don't have a clue if I've done it correctly.
Oh, and I did a first record of my Scorpions lesson, there are still a few wrong notes in it and I need to brush up the second part of the solo, but I'd really like to hear your opinion on it. I had to record it with my Fender Stratocaster, so the sound is not that aggresive and sometimes out of tune (especially in the picking part). Really need to work on the set-up of that guitar.
Anyway, here are the videos and the first try of my hard rock ballad/Scorpions-style SI lesson (yes, you guys who follow this thread silently may also download it wink.gif )

Edit: First video is completely out of sync, I don't know why. It works completely normal on my computer. Must be a youtube error, I've uploaded it three times now...

well man, both take are good. beside the out of sync of the first vid, it sounds good.
how you felt with this kind or exercise? how you found your fingers, were they hard?
this kind of exercise really helps. I use to play these 2-3 times a week, not for hours but I always include some of these into my warming up routine.
so, I suggest you to keep these exercises close.
the sweeping hand is very good too. it looks cool and efficient so we'll see what happen once you get it and you be able to play this technique faster.

QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jun 4 2010, 05:37 PM) *
Hi Lian,
here we go with the Patterns at 180 bpm. I'm gonna shoot a few more videos of this exercise at 180 and 200 bpm this weekend, just wanted to show what I can do now. There are a few mistakes, but I think I'm pretty close...I'm pretty good at it when I've played for two hours before, now it's only 15 minutes, but anyway...
Oh, have you noticed? My status just got updated to learning rock star!

yes, you are! you're pretty close on this one. just a few mistakes on the higher string mostly, and also a tiny timing problem mostly on the last pattern.
well done man! and congrats for the new status!

QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jun 5 2010, 05:49 PM) *
Hi Lian,
I got the BT for the hammer-on and pull-off lesson, so here is the result. As I said before, I really need to fix the setup of the guitar (good that Marcus did a lesson on that) as the sound is really bad once I go beyond the 12th fret.
I'll be at my place tomorrow so I can record with my Ibanez guitar again.
See ya!

very very good man! much better than the previous one! it's nice to see you keep practising lessons you already passed. this is so good for you.
not to much to add here, may be you can be more careful with some vibratos on the long notes. you are carrying the string too down. (00.11) per ex.
very good take man! smile.gif

QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jun 8 2010, 04:38 PM) *
Hi Lian,
looks like you're really busy at the moment!
Anyway, I recorded myself playing the Patterns at 200 bpm now. I'm still not comfortable with it, and I'm pretty desperate cause I just can't play them at 220...any suggestions?
See ya!

yes, sorry about it. so busy last days I was (yoda's)
about this take: as the previous one, it's closer, not completely good tho.
it should be clearer. the are some messed notes and some timing problems at the end.
anyway it's very good. just I think you are not comfortable with the tempo yet.
keep practising that's all about.
one tip you can use to increase speed:
let's say you want to play it at 200 bpm, like this last vid. well, once you have warmed up, you give it a try at 200 bpm, then, you give it two tries at 220 bpm. then stretch and come back to 200 bpm. and stretch once again. then repeat this cycle a few times.
of course, you'll find you can't play it at 220 bpm, but this is where the mind make its enter.
after a few cycles, you'll see your mind "understand" the 220 bpm, but still can't play it, but you'll see what happen now with the 200 bpm.
also, it's too important you try to play all the notes, not just do nothing at 220 bpm.
hope this advice helps.

let me congrats about all the hard work you are doing man!!! smile.gif
I'm now listen to your SI lesson!

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 9 2010, 08:27 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hi Lian,
cool that you like almost all my takes! Yeah, I really have some more work to do on the patterns...but I'm sure I'll get there soon.
So, what are we going to do now? Is it right that we can only go to the next month's program once I submit the patterns at full speed for the rec program? (Of course, I could do that right now, but it would end badly wink.gif )
So what do you think about my Scorpions SI so far? I actually submitted the little tune I did for my girlfriend as SI lesson in the style of the Shadows, I'm just waiting for Chris to announce it...
Just want to tell you, I think that I have made great progress in this mtp so far, thanks to your great advice here. I hope there'll be a similar program in the future so that we can work together again, I really like your teaching style! But no need to get sentimental now, we still have one month to go... biggrin.gif

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jun 15 2010, 09:09 PM
Instructor
hey man, yes... we just close this thread. it was enough work for this phase.
I will open a new thread for the next and final phase.

about your SI lesson, it sounds very cool... I don't know if you already uploaded it or not, since I am answering this a bit late, so anyway, congrats for this new one, and let me tell you that you are doing very useful things with these SI lessons. I think it will encourage many members smile.gif

well man, thank you so much for take this MTP so seriously. we will continue on a new thread for the last part of our MTP.

keep practising!

Lian!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 02:38 PM