inspiration......, most inspiring song........
psychoguitarist_...
Oct 22 2006, 09:47 AM
GMC:er
From: Bangalore, Karnataka, India, Asia (in case u don't know where India is)
Which is the most inspirin song that u've heard and why???? Did it help u in anyway???

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
R.I.P (RoCk In PeAcE) \m/

IPB Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Red Tie
Oct 22 2006, 09:52 AM
I'm sure i've heard a more inspiring song than Slither by Velvet Revolver.
Anyhow the song showed a lot of different and cool ways of creating guitar riffs and effects.
and that's what i call inspiring.
So i learned every inch of it and now play it super-fluidly and it's really cool, great song.
Even the solo is just one big lesson in how to use your wah-wah. cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Tank
Oct 22 2006, 10:31 AM
GMC Veteran
The most inspiring songs that I heard when I was beginning, (and still) would be:

Since I've been Loving You - Led Zeppelin. To me, the sound in it is what blues is supposed to sound like (it's what blues sounds like when I make up licks in my head).

Hotel California - The Eagles. My aunt had this record when it first came out. She used to childmind me when I was a baby, and would play it to me to get me to go to sleep. I didn't hear it again for ten years, when it came on the radio, and the hairs on the back of my neck rose, and my heartrate increased. It literally had a physical effect on me. It's got the "Stairway to Heaven" structure, a great acoustic riff, nice buildup, good song, and a classic solo to top it off. But for my money it's better a lot better than Stairway to Heaven, it's more musical, the lyrics are sharper, and the solo has greater range and structure.

Tornado of Souls - Megadeth. The solo to this song is my favourite of all time. The album came out when I was 13, I was already a Metallica fan, and my friend got this for me for my birthday. The whole album sounded unlike anything I'd ever heard. Metallica was based heavily around the blues scales, and as I'd been listening to a lot of Led Zep, it was aurally recognisable. But Marty Friedman was using sounds I'd never heard. As a guitarist, for a long time, I had no idea how to approach this music, (it damn near made me give up at one point). Cracking the solo to this song (which I only did last year) definately marks a turning point in my playing, it's enabled me to go on to learn and perform solos like Van Halens "Eruption" live on stage.

I could probably cite more influences, (there are certainly more of them), but these ones that I would daily pray to the guitar gods and thank them that these three tracks exist biggrin.gif

/Tank

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Oct 22 2006, 12:02 PM
QUOTE (Tank @ Oct 22 2006, 10:31 AM) *
Tornado of Souls - Megadeth. The solo to this song is my favourite of all time. The album came out when I was 13, I was already a Metallica fan, and my friend got this for me for my birthday. The whole album sounded unlike anything I'd ever heard. Metallica was based heavily around the blues scales, and as I'd been listening to a lot of Led Zep, it was aurally recognisable. But Marty Friedman was using sounds I'd never heard. As a guitarist, for a long time, I had no idea how to approach this music, (it damn near made me give up at one point). Cracking the solo to this song (which I only did last year) definately marks a turning point in my playing, it's enabled me to go on to learn and perform solos like Van Halens "Eruption" live on stage.

/Tank

One of my favorite solos too!!!! Marty RULES!!!

For me:
Holy Wars...The Punishment Due is one of my favorite songs of all time(it would be impossible for me to pick just one). This revolutionary song had 2 big impacts on me. One is that I couldn't believe how fast and clean these guys could play, the sheer velocity of the sound was stunning. Not just speed, like the thrash metal I was used to, it had direction and purpose. From then on I knew I had to play very cleanly, even when playing brutally aggressive and fast. And the second was the clean exotic sounding guitar break that Marty does in the middle, completely changed my view of metal guitar. Before then all I thought lead metal guitar was was bluesy, and rock cliche lick jammed together with aggresive phrasing. Marty changed all that, he made me realise you can play any way you want, and you could have your own point of view(so to speak) on lead guitar, you didn't just have to follow the guitar gods that came before you. From then on playing whatever I wanted to play, and not caring what anyone else does or thinks about it is something I keep in mind at all times.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
fretdancer
Oct 22 2006, 12:38 PM
When I decided I wanted to play guitar, I wanted to play anything from Pink Floyds "THE WALL" album.
Musically, I think that is easily the biggest influence for me.

The first song I learnt was "Wish you were here"

The biggest challenge, Solo from "Another Brick in the Wall PT2". Which, Finally, I have down pat. I had several tries at this one and its taken more than 2 years for me to get it right but finally I cracked it.

Thanks to Freelicks, I also mastered the first solo from "comfortably numb" which was really satisfying to do.

I can also do a couple of other solo's but my next goal is to nail the Rhythm parts and record all the bits of one song and put them together with a drum and Bass track.

This is not as easy as it sounds, its easy enough to find "solo's" and "licks" tabbed out but not so easy to locate the rhythm sections tabbed out accurately.

--------------------
its not easy
banging your head against some mad buggers wall.
Variax 300. Pod XTL & Crate amp
some of my recordings are here: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/petergb/

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:51 PM