3nps Box Patterns
DeepRoots
Sep 6 2007, 10:25 PM
Get to da Chopper!
Hey Andrew- it's your biggest theory fan again ! cool.gif

So i've finally learned all the pentatonic postions and labelled them 1, 2 3 etc in my mind.
Stage 2 should have been learning the 3nps major minor patterns- but im waaay to lazy. No matter how much i try to force myself- i dont want to learn it, my brain goes into sleep mode...

However...a breakthrough?

If i were to learn the first 3nps pattern of every mode of - for example C (D dorian, E phrygian etc) - and linked them together this would also be C major all over the fretboard? (ofcourse i would have to pay special attention to where the Cs are in the boxes so that i know where the root note is)

I want to learn it this way- and my (? blink.gif ultimate blink.gif ?) theory knowledge tells me it makes sense but i thought i'd ask you first.

I guess i want to learn it this way because i'm killing two birds with one stone- and as i play each position i'll be thinking of it as a mode- so i'll be more interested in learning it. I tried the way that Pavel shows us in his shred lesson but my mind didn't want to click.

And by the way this is purley for exercise purposes.

EDIT: i meant for the title to read BOX patterns lol sorry
Thanks for your help.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by DeepRoots: Sep 6 2007, 10:26 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th June 2024 - 10:16 AM