Steve Stevens
Ben Higgins
Sep 7 2012, 10:57 AM
Instructor
Wondered if anybody was familiar with the work Steve did on the Vince Neil solo album, Exposed ? Steve is probably more famous for being Billy Idol's guitarist and writing loads of kick ass songs with him but I first heard Steve on this album and there's some totally killer guitar playing on it. Even if you can't stand Vince's vocals, it's worth it just for all the guitar licks that appear in between the verses etc.... main solo is at 2:46. You can't tell me this doesn't rock !! cool.gif

This is the first time I heard pick tapping whilst bending the string !

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Sep 7 2012, 10:58 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Sep 7 2012, 11:14 AM
Learning Roadie
I'll have to check it out, I do have his solo album Memory Crash somewhere

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
zoom
Sep 7 2012, 11:23 AM
Learning Roadie
Wow Ben never heard this. Really cool! smile.gif
I'm an 80's kid and loved Billy Idol and Steve Stevens. I spent a night on Utube looking up Steve Stevens he's great.
What about this one. Alot of people thought it was Joe Satriani but this is before Joe and surfing with the Alien

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Sep 7 2012, 11:31 AM
GMC:er
I've always been a fan of his! Just last week I almost bought one of his signature Washburn guitars that was, until i went to see it and found it was a Korean later model copy!!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 7 2012, 11:43 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (zoom @ Sep 7 2012, 11:23 AM) *
Wow Ben never heard this. Really cool! smile.gif
I'm an 80's kid and loved Billy Idol and Steve Stevens. I spent a night on Utube looking up Steve Stevens he's great.
What about this one. Alot of people thought it was Joe Satriani but this is before Joe and surfing with the Alien

His pinch harmonics are unbelievable ! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Sep 7 2012, 12:22 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Yes he's a great guitar player. If I remember correctly he's an in demand session player and played guitar on Michael Jackson's 'Bad' lp.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 7 2012, 01:47 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Sep 7 2012, 12:22 PM) *
Yes he's a great guitar player. If I remember correctly he's an in demand session player and played guitar on Michael Jackson's 'Bad' lp.

I didn't know he played on the 'Bad' album but yes, he still stays pretty busy with guitar work by the looks of things smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 7 2012, 02:27 PM
Instructor
yes mate!! I love his guitar job on this one and also in Billy Idols music! If you didn't, you have to check Devil's playground by Billy Idol that has an amazing guitar rhythms and solos by Steve. He is VERY talented and creative.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 08:23 AM