Samson C15, Help!!!
skennington
Jun 11 2008, 01:22 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Hey guys, wanted to get some suggestions on recording vocals with this mic through a Toneport Ux1 and using gearbox. I can't get any output from the dang thing. I'm connected via XLR to the Toneport but still nothing. It's supposed to run on phantom power. Did I buy a dud?

When I unplug the mic from the cable and tap it, I am getting some feedback. Does gearbox need to be upgraded? I switched to "microphone input" and am set on one of the vocal presets.

Any suggestions?

Just figured it out. The UX1 does not supply 48v phantom power. If you are in the market of a mic and have the Toneport UX1, DON'T buy one that requires this power sorce. Idiot at Sam Ash said it would work. Will be returning tomorow. sad.gif

Do people that work in music stores really know what they are talking about? I don't think half of them are musicians at all. Needless to say, I'm kinda pissed right now and need to vent. Fuel at 4.00 a gallon and I've got to make another trip and take time from work. I will be getting something from them! mad.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:30 AM