The Unbreakable Amp?
ChrisVdS
Oct 18 2008, 12:39 PM
GMC:er
Hey guys,

So i have this tube amp that has been sitting in the garage for years and years now so i decided to clean it up and check if it still works and it does so that makes me happy smile.gif I know it's a Hohner Orgaphon but i did not knew anything about the specs so i looked on the internet for a while and found some interesting things.

It has 2 12" speakers producing 60 watts, 10 ECC808 tubes, 4 channels the annoying thing is that you have to unplug and plug it in on another channel if you wanna switch channel or have 4 guitars conected laugh.gif It also has reverb and vibrato with a tempo you can adjust. I was doing some testing with it and i came to the conclusion that this is an amp for things that do not require allot of distortion but for what it is i like it the clean channels are nice and warm smile.gif It was introduced in 1965 so it's possibly over 30 years old. Nothing is broken except for the power button which stays on all the time so i have to unplug it to turn it off but that's not a major issue so i think it is pretty durable.

Here is a pic:

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear:

Fender "California series" stratocaster
Roland Cube 20X
Peavey Envoy 110
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Oct 18 2008, 12:53 PM
Instructor
Looks really cool. Very old equipment like this amp used to be much better quality then serial production today. I have a friend that has so many instruments and other equipment from 60's and 70's, everything works and sounds great.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Oct 18 2008, 01:37 PM
Instructor
4 inputs for 4 channels is killer biggrin.gif

Old stuff are always good and last like forever. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Oct 22 2008, 12:07 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
Cool amp smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 22 2008, 12:15 PM
Instructor
Definitely a thing to hold on to yourself. This amp is gonna be a pricey antiquity some day. Cool stuff to have, that's for sure. smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 22 2008, 12:30 PM
GMC:er
Like Ivan said, keep hold of this amp. Will be worth a lot in years to come smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:57 PM