NEW>>>> AMP, PLZ ANSWER. IM BEING RUSHED
Aryo
Feb 17 2007, 10:25 PM
GMC:er
AHHHH! i have a gig in a week nad my amp has broken! blink.gif

NO!!!!!!!!! any ideas for a new one guys? I need about 50watts,
i dont have too much cash at the moment so nothing too expensive.

im thinking of getting a marshall because of the over drive..........

Thnks guys biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
brainlesswonder
Feb 18 2007, 05:39 AM
This amp rocks.

http://www.carvin.com/products/single.php?...OMAD&CID=GA

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
adam1302
Feb 20 2007, 08:56 AM
Thats pretty expensive, look at a 65 watt laney there pretty cheap.

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Feb 20 2007, 10:27 AM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (adam1302 @ Feb 20 2007, 07:56 AM) *
Thats pretty expensive, look at a 65 watt laney there pretty cheap.

The Roland Cube 60 Watt is insane for the money. COSM, Digital effects, loads of jacks, a great gig amp !!! cool.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
MickeM
Feb 20 2007, 10:44 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Aryo @ Feb 17 2007, 10:25 PM) *
AHHHH! i have a gig in a week nad my amp has broken! blink.gif

NO!!!!!!!!! any ideas for a new one guys? I need about 50watts,
i dont have too much cash at the moment so nothing too expensive.

im thinking of getting a marshall because of the over drive..........

Thnks guys biggrin.gif

What kind of music do you play? How big a gig is it and how big rooms and audience do you usualy play for?

If you're set for a Marshall and you're looking for an inexpensive alternative and you're getting a brand new amp I only see AVTX50 as an alternative.

A cheap versatile amp with plenty of gain - Peavey Valveking. (Mind that the Windsor head is quite inexpensive but you need a cabinet aswell). None of them would suit me though.

For blues/rock/hardrock and if you can live without the real metal tones - Peavey Classic 30, I have one and it's a great amp. Laney VC30 is similar to that. Or a Vox AC30, or a Orange Rocker 30, the Orange is mean but twice the price compared with the others.

The Laney LC30 or LC50 is a bit heavier, you'd manage metal tunes with that one, good for anything really.

If it was me I'd get the Laney LC30 or LC50.

+Quote Post
fkalich
Feb 20 2007, 12:04 PM
QUOTE (brainlesswonder @ Feb 18 2007, 05:39 AM) *

If you live in the states, I would look at carvin. carvin amps are not bad. And very affordable for a tube amp. I have the belair (same as above except two Celestion ) and a vintage 16 (with runs at 5 or 15 watts though a Celestion). Actually don't don't need the Belair's 50 watts, just play at home. But nice to have. I bought one of those little 5 watt tube amps, the epiphone 5 watt head for $100, and I plug it into my Belair speakers. pretty nice all tube practice amp for $100. Loud enough make enemies of your neighbors, unless you live out in the country, that is for sure.

This post has been edited by fkalich: Feb 20 2007, 12:06 PM

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Feb 20 2007, 01:40 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Or you are not wedded to a particular AMP sound, you could get a line6 pod XTL to model various different types of amp, and get a clean PA type AMP and speakers ...

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Rockwouldbe
Feb 21 2007, 10:38 AM
Rock Instructor
i love my amp.

Peavey classic (tubes) 50 wat

nice one and strong .

--------------------
My gear:
Ibanez Rg2570, Pod XTL, peavey classic 30w
Guitar it is a passion

a link to the Aspiring instructor

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 03:06 PM