Basic Technique Things, Powerchords vs thumb and recording block.
utak3r
Jan 30 2023, 02:07 PM
GMC:er
Hi.
Two things goes first to my playing:

1. Whenever I hit Rec button, I'm going blank wink.gif keeping forgetting what's next note, making mistakes etc. Is recording only way to fight this?

2. Power chords vs my thumb.
I came to an electric guitar from the old days, playing the classic and acoustic guitars of a very bad condition. I mean, string action like a centimeter was not so high biggrin.gif
So yes, I know I need to teach my muscles to relief my hand. And in most cases I learned to use a proper position, but for some reason, when playing power chords, I'm again pressing my thumg on the neck like crazy... after few minutes it's soring.

I will post you a simple example video of me playing the song, which cannot be played at music stores wink.gif
It's double tracked, so even in this simple example you can spot differences between channels, which means I didn't played them exactly the same...

So, what should I do, to correct my left hand positioning?
In 1:24 you can see I switched to a relaxed position, but I was using only one finger to press two strings. When got to a full powerchord, I again went for this "classic" position.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by utak3r: Jan 30 2023, 02:09 PM

--------------------
Machines don't bleed that easily...
utak3r.pl
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd May 2024 - 02:17 PM