2 Pages V  < 1 2  
People Should Stop Wasting Time On Guitar Exercises
Todd Simpson
Jan 21 2018, 10:37 PM
GMC:er
That's what gets my goat every time. He obviously knows his scales and uses them. But yeah, scales are just one small part of a very large picture. I do think he 's doing harm by encouraging new players NOT to learn their scales.

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 18 2018, 04:05 AM) *
Yes, maybe this is his way of saying 'buy my album'! laugh.gif

However - he has a very strong an needed point given how a majority of guitarists approach practicing. I don't really take him literally though - I think he does see some use in scales. But it seems many guitarists see scale patterns as a path to music - which it really isn't. It is merely a visualisation tool - and not necessarily the best one.

I'm starting to think the same smile.gif Just marketing hype to make his name go viral in the guitar community. Saying inflammatory stuff, every year and saying the same stuff and it works every time smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 19 2018, 08:20 AM) *
Hahaha I also think that these are marketing comments.

For those that don't want to follow Marty's suggestions, I recommend this lesson:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Hirajo...Friedman-Style/

biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 22 2018, 01:25 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 21 2018, 06:37 PM) *
I'm starting to think the same smile.gif Just marketing hype to make his name go viral in the guitar community. Saying inflammatory stuff, every year and saying the same stuff and it works every time smile.gif

Todd

Yeah, it keeps guitar community talking about him.

Casually... new music.

biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 06:55 AM