New Jam :)
Tjchep
Mar 30 2009, 02:54 AM
GMC:er
Check it guys, there are alot of messups. But i haven't recorded in a while, so i figured i'd record something for you guys to critique me on.

Attached File  New_improv_over_resolutions.mp3 ( 3.12MB ) Number of downloads: 206

tj

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Mar 30 2009, 09:37 AM
Learning Rock Star
I sometimes felt that you held back on the vibrato on some notes, which I thought was a bit of a shame.

I have a meeting in a few minutes, so I will return and comment later. Where is this backing track from, by the way? I wouldn't mind recording something on it as well.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Mar 30 2009, 12:30 PM
Instructor
I like your phrasing, some very cool melodic ideas in there.
Your tone sounds very good, most of it is from your fingers and vibrato use. I like this a lot!
I think you should maybe try to have faster licks a bit earlier. A few notes are off in the second part, sounds like there is a change of key in there...
Very good job overall man!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 30 2009, 12:32 PM
Instructor
Very good impro TJ, great job mate! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
kjutte
Mar 30 2009, 12:38 PM
GMC:er
Great tone and vibrato, but some notes are off time. also I still get the feel that you do the same again and again, it's no real buildup at all. a bit when the song changes, but then it's back to old familiar stuff.

I know it's really hard to stay interesting without composing something, so overall it's nice for the ear ofc.
I would recommned you check out the video Pedja posted, from Greg Howe. He discusses contrasts etc, that will help making improvisation more interesting.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 02:44 PM