Obscura Anticosmic Overload Solo
enlo22
Sep 22 2014, 04:03 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
Here's my cover of the Anticosmic Overload solo. I did not have an idea i would even come close to learning this. It's probably the hardest thing i've learned to play, but goes to show that with practice and dedication you can do it! so don't doubt your skill just practice more lol, hope you guys enjoy it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evA5iwLhA84

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 7)
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 22 2014, 11:58 AM
Instructor
Ciao Marco!

Those arpeggios/sweep-tapping phrases look so, so menacing! It is a bit hard to distinguish them super clearly as out of what I can get, you recorded them over the original, right? I'd be curious to hear a version recorded over a backing track as well, if you have it. But anyway, congrats to you mate - it's clearly a difficult piece to handle!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Sep 23 2014, 06:34 AM
Learning Tone Master
You know already my opinion wink.gif Your playing is awesome and I realize how much work you put for this. Congrats, I really enjoyed your vid smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 23 2014, 02:44 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! I didn't know the solo but it's very interesting! It's full of tricky arpeggios combined with tapping. Your playing seems to be really good but it's true what Cosmin says about the recording. It would be killer to hear you playing over the backing track instead of the original mix.

For those that want to start working on the techniques used on this solo, I recommend you to check these lessons:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...g-with-tapping/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...atonic-tapping/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...s-intermediate/

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
enlo22
Sep 23 2014, 10:42 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
thank you guys, Yes it would be great to have a backing track without the original solo in the background but I can't seem to find one :/! maybe one day i'll do a cover of the whole song. I used to always learn other band songs but now i rarely do lol idk why. Gabe he's the guitarist that used to play with Necrophagist!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 24 2014, 05:41 PM
Instructor
I have an idea man - why not start the backing track from scratch - at least the solo part smile.gif It could be an extraordinary orchestration and mixing exercise as well wink.gif Challenge accepted?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 24 2014, 07:37 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (enlo22 @ Sep 23 2014, 06:42 PM) *
thank you guys, Yes it would be great to have a backing track without the original solo in the background but I can't seem to find one :/! maybe one day i'll do a cover of the whole song. I used to always learn other band songs but now i rarely do lol idk why. Gabe he's the guitarist that used to play with Necrophagist!

Interesting! I will check him.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Huargo
Sep 24 2014, 08:56 PM
Tone Seeker
Obscura it's superb. Nice played!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 01:19 PM