> NAH this can't be...

... the opportunity of your lifetime to learn guitar? - It is, but only if you do one of the following:

* Send me a pm and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

-- Sinisa

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >  
Dslr Freaks !, tips and tricks
JamesT
Jan 24 2012, 07:40 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Jan 23 2012, 02:17 AM) *
@JamesT

Something is wrong, James. With a D60 you should to have an extra quality picture. So the problem is editing and exporting ! I can't remember the settings in Vegas 8 (I have Vegas 10), but I think that you should try Sony AVC/MVC exporting option,with a 720p frame size,progressive scan, 2,500.000 bit rate,format mp4 ! That should work fine for a YTube !

Thanks Sinisa. I'll give this a try on my next REC.
Wait a minute. I think Vegas 8 may not have the MP4 exporting option. Might be time to update to Vegas 10. The upgrade isn't cheap though. Can I get by with the "Studio HD" version, or do I have to get "Pro"?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by JamesT: Jan 24 2012, 07:45 AM

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jan 24 2012, 01:41 PM
Instructor
Read the whole post !

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/24/878882

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Jan 24 2012, 06:40 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Aug 22 2011, 08:05 AM) *
Awesome thread! smile.gif I've used Nikons for many of my recent lessons, but never used Canon. I've heard good things about the Canon EOS line.

The best thing with Nikons and photo cams are lenses. They are BIG, and they point more light onto the chip. This is why they are better than cams. Good lens can cost almost as a body.

Just an fyi - Canon has a larger standard base ring, so Canons inherantly have a larger "f-stop" ability than the Nikon, making them better suited for low-light levels. Also the next generation Canon (EOS-1D Mark IV) is boasting an 12,800 ISO. Traditionally, you were lucky if you could get a workable picture (due to grain) with 1,200.

I've used the Nikon SLRs for 5 years, before going to Canon. Now I swear by Canon and so do most professional photographers (my wife is a second generation photographer - 30 years) and making the transition from film to digital was a pain, but she's used both Nikon and Camera and decided Canon was the way go. They have amazing lenses.

Cheers!

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jan 24 2012, 09:46 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (SirJamsalot @ Jan 24 2012, 06:40 PM) *
Just an fyi - Canon has a larger standard base ring, so Canons inherantly have a larger "f-stop" ability than the Nikon, making them better suited for low-light levels. Also the next generation Canon (EOS-1D Mark IV) is boasting an 12,800 ISO. Traditionally, you were lucky if you could get a workable picture (due to grain) with 1,200.

I've used the Nikon SLRs for 5 years, before going to Canon. Now I swear by Canon and so do most professional photographers (my wife is a second generation photographer - 30 years) and making the transition from film to digital was a pain, but she's used both Nikon and Camera and decided Canon was the way go. They have amazing lenses.

Cheers!

+1, We share the same opinion, not only as a Canon users, but objectively also biggrin.gif !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jan 28 2012, 02:43 PM
Instructor
Canon EOS C300

These days Canon releases new baby, adapted for the cinema!

Upon first impressions, informed ones says that the camera is fantastic. Anyway, here is a LINK with more information, be sure to check the movie !!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Feb 1 2012, 10:48 PM
Instructor
Rode Video mic

Very useful gadget if you are going to improve your DSLR audio quality. Price is very reasonable ($149) ,if we look at the most commonly used audio recorder Zoom H4n ($284) !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Feb 4 2012, 10:35 PM
Instructor
For a long time I follow the work of this SLR freak - Dave Dugdale. This enthusiast has made website on which places various topics related to DSLR Video ! Enjoy wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 5 2012, 12:29 PM
Instructor
These are excellent videos indeed, cheers for sharing man smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Feb 5 2012, 09:08 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Feb 5 2012, 12:29 PM) *
These are excellent videos indeed, cheers for sharing man smile.gif

Sure, a lot of things to learn !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Feb 12 2012, 12:04 AM
Instructor
A beautiful 550D footage. Red Giant "Magic Bullet Mojo" plugin !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Feb 20 2012, 05:52 PM
Instructor
Flycam

Flycam is a lightweight stabilizer that prevents shaky shots.This compact hand held system takes away the need for tripods or dolly's, giving videographers the ability to create smooth videos while the camera is in motion.

--------------------

+Quote Post
maharzan
Feb 20 2012, 06:27 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Awesome. I have a glidecam. Too bad, I don't use it as it gets so heavy on the arms. I need to travel. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Feb 21 2012, 12:12 AM
Instructor
On a YT is a bunch of "DIY" links . I would love to make them all at the same time biggrin.gif , but first must to finish that mini crane mentioned above somewhere !

--------------------

+Quote Post
thefireball
Feb 21 2012, 07:37 AM
Learning Roadie
Okay this is a camcorder. This Canon HF M40 looks promising.
There is some footage. It seems to respond to the movement well. I want something that will capture my guitar riffing and not cause a rolling shutter effect. I'm assuming I dubbed the "blinds look" correctly. As this video does - even though it's in lower light. It's a lower end quality cam though.

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Feb 21 2012, 10:37 AM
Instructor
I am amazed at the quality of shots. I see that the camera is among the top 5 consumer cams ! An excellent choice! Do not worry about a rolling shutter effect / quality camcorders don"t have that problem. Some customers have found it for a $ 450, which is incredible, buy it now. Only downside I've found is the touch screen- is a bit tricky to use it especially if you have large fingers, the operating area is small. but I believe it is all a matter of get used to.

User reviews say enough about the quality of this camera.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 16 2012, 11:59 PM
GMC:er
THE RULES HAVE OFFICIALLY CHANGED / THE GAME HAS OFFICIALLY CHANGED / IT"S ALL CHANGED

Holy Crap Wow!

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/products/...giccinemacamera
12 Stops of lattitude, RAW, ProRes, 2k Video Recording! EF/ZF Lense Mounts. all for

$3,000

Game changer. The RED is no longer the king of the hill, nor is CANON, or the other big DSLR cams. This thing is so advanced I thought it was fake! I can't wait to get my hands on one!

Attached Image

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Apr 17 2012, 12:05 AM

+Quote Post
thefireball
Apr 17 2012, 02:26 AM
Learning Roadie
I'm picking up a Canon T3i in a couple of weeks. smile.gif I'm almost saved up!!! ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Apr 17 2012, 11:37 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 17 2012, 12:59 AM) *
THE RULES HAVE OFFICIALLY CHANGED / THE GAME HAS OFFICIALLY CHANGED / IT"S ALL CHANGED

Holy Crap Wow!

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/products/...giccinemacamera
12 Stops of lattitude, RAW, ProRes, 2k Video Recording! EF/ZF Lense Mounts. all for

$3,000

Game changer. The RED is no longer the king of the hill, nor is CANON, or the other big DSLR cams. This thing is so advanced I thought it was fake! I can't wait to get my hands on one!

Attached Image

Uhh, this will be a sensation, great specs !!!! But looking at some forums dedicated to this subject - the price is actually much higher. Beware that you must have a separate video card of the same company, the camera is useless without, MAC for editing, at least 24 gb ram .. etc.. But in any case, I would like to be able to afford it wink.gif

QUOTE (thefireball @ Apr 17 2012, 03:26 AM) *
I'm picking up a Canon T3i in a couple of weeks. smile.gif I'm almost saved up!!! ohmy.gif

Yeah man, great choice !!! Congrats

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 18 2012, 02:50 AM
GMC:er
Good point. The Glass can really get pricey as well. Once you kit it up, closer to 10k for a full camera. But this is a Digital Cinema camera so it will be in Rental Houses and such. My main point is that this establishes a new bar and It bodes well for consumer market. Now the major vendors will have to reach high and the cameras available to us regular folks are going to get way better and cheaper as this technology "democratizes" in a year or two.

QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Apr 17 2012, 06:37 PM) *
Uhh, this will be a sensation, great specs !!!! But looking at some forums dedicated to this subject - the price is actually much higher. Beware that you must have a separate video card of the same company, the camera is useless without, MAC for editing, at least 24 gb ram .. etc.. But in any case, I would like to be able to afford it wink.gif
Yeah man, great choice !!! Congrats

QUOTE (thefireball @ Apr 16 2012, 09:26 PM) *

wow! Congrats man! That is a KILLER camera. Your videos are about to reach an entirely new level.

+Quote Post
thefireball
Apr 18 2012, 04:57 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 17 2012, 08:50 PM) *
wow! Congrats man! That is a KILLER camera. Your videos are about to reach an entirely new level.

biggrin.gif It's got the flip-out screen feature like I wanted so I can see myself, but retains the DSLR look. A local photographer and friend highly recommended it. He also told me about the 50 mm lens. (I bought the 18-55 mm lens with it.) He has a 50 mm and he said I could come over and try it out on my new camera. I'm so excited! I'm ordering the T3i next Monday. wink.gif

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 05:51 AM