Help Setting Up Fcb1010?
Storm Linnebjerg
Dec 27 2016, 12:17 PM
Learning Rock Star
I'm losing my mind here, as I can't make it work with anything. Nothing makes sense. I tried following an "idiot's guide", but I must be a super idiot, cause it made no sense to me.

Anyone able to help? I'm at square one and have only just got it hooked up to power, and with midi cables. But whatever I've tried from here is just...not working.

EDIT: I'm trying to make it work with BIAS. I can see in UNO Control Center that midi is being sent by the board, but when I try to make BIAS learn a midi function it says: "No midi signal received in 5 seconds".

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Dec 27 2016, 01:31 PM

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Dec 27 2016, 01:24 PM
Learning Roadie
setup fcb with ??

i have a fcb too, but with custom prom to use it with 11R

Cheers

Laurent

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by fzalfa: Dec 27 2016, 01:27 PM

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Dec 27 2016, 01:30 PM
Learning Rock Star
Sorry, forgot to say in my frustration. It's BIAS.

Yeah, that's no help really. I have the uno chip and BIAS.

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Dec 27 2016, 01:31 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Dec 27 2016, 02:02 PM
Learning Rock Star
I have now gotten as far as being able to turn off a Delay pedal in BIAS FX, but I can't turn it on again!

--------------------

+Quote Post
yoncopin
Dec 27 2016, 03:23 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Download something like Midi OX so you can monitor the messages going In/Out of Bias and the controller. Then just make sure you're sending the correct ones.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Dec 27 2016, 03:28 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (yoncopin @ Dec 27 2016, 03:23 PM) *
Download something like Midi OX so you can monitor the messages going In/Out of Bias and the controller. Then just make sure you're sending the correct ones.

Midi Ox registers that there's a signal, but BIAS receives nothing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 27 2016, 03:37 PM
Instructor
Always, first of all go to FCB "General settings" and set midi channels for program changes and CC's. That's where most of problems come from. Sometimes you shoudl also add midi device in Program/Bias options. And set it to receive on all channles or..particular ones for each function...depending how your fcb is being setup.

I have a stock chip, not uno. I know there were some problems to connect FCB to PC for remote presets editting - you need to go to "syntax" mode or something, but with UNO that has been fixed as I read somewhere...

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Dec 27 2016, 03:46 PM
Learning Rock Star
I have tried all channels, single channels and everything in BIAS. No workie sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 27 2016, 04:37 PM
Instructor
Have you tried if your PC receives any midi information from FCB...in your DAW for example? When You edit particular preset in particualr bank (by holding DOWN button for a while), then you need to press UP BUTTON to switch from "analog footswitches edition" stage to program and cc editting stage, try to hold and assign the same CC number on 6 and 7 pedals. Add value 0 to 6 and value 127 to 7 pedal. Remove all "program change controls" by "unlightening 1,2,3,4 pedals. Now by pressing preset pedal you were edtitting, you should be sending alternately "0" and "127" for the same CC number. Try to set this CC as a control of any vST instrument parametr - best is the one that completely turnes on or off particular option. See first if Your FCB works with the DAW, before going to set up for Bias

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Dec 27 2016, 06:01 PM
Learning Rock Star
Reaper does receive midi signal, but BIAS doesn't.

By the way, I use UNO Control Center to program, I think, but I have also set it up manually with the pedals by following a guide, and it shows when I press a button or expression pedal on the board, that it is being sent, and Reaper recieves it too. Just not into BIAS.

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Dec 27 2016, 06:03 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Dec 27 2016, 08:09 PM
Learning Rock Star
Okay, so I think I've found something.

It sends programchanges, not ctrlchange (CC), which BIAS is looking for. The expression pedal sends CC, so BIAS recognizes that. How do I make the other buttons send CC and not PC (program changes)?

EDIT: I figured out how to make it send CC now. However, BIAS FX still doesn't recognize it when inside Reaper, only in Standalone version.

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Dec 27 2016, 08:09 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Dec 27 2016, 09:19 PM
Learning Rock Star
Working!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 27 2016, 10:55 PM
GMC:er
Great to see it's working! Just saw this thread and you already fixed it smile.gif What was the fix in the end? And congrats on your new pedal board smile.gif Handy for recording!!

Todd

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Dec 27 2016, 04:19 PM) *
Working!

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Dec 28 2016, 12:11 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Dec 27 2016, 10:55 PM) *
Great to see it's working! Just saw this thread and you already fixed it smile.gif What was the fix in the end? And congrats on your new pedal board smile.gif Handy for recording!!

Todd

Had to make sure the board was sending CC, not PC, and had to enable "learn" in Reaper, not just BIAS, but I've only got 20 spots of "Learn" in Reaper, so I'm not sure I'm doing it right.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 29 2016, 04:23 AM
If it's working you must be doing something right!! smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Dec 27 2016, 07:11 PM) *
Had to make sure the board was sending CC, not PC, and had to enable "learn" in Reaper, not just BIAS, but I've only got 20 spots of "Learn" in Reaper, so I'm not sure I'm doing it right.

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 29 2016, 03:32 PM
Instructor
What I've described was a process of manually setting up cc instead of program chabge for a particular preset smile.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Dec 29 2016, 04:56 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Dec 29 2016, 03:32 PM) *
What I've described was a process of manually setting up cc instead of program chabge for a particular preset smile.gif

I realize that now, was a bit cryptic as I didn't really understand the board or what I was supposed to do smile.gif The UNO Control Center does it easily though smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 30 2016, 12:31 AM
Instructor
Yeah, sure! smile.gif I'm just a bit more "the hard way" dude, since I need to know how to work with my gear and edit all the settings, while I'm on stage, where I need to quickly set things up, without additional tools smile.gif If you need any help about FCB manual setup, jst hit me thorugh PM wink.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 30 2016, 08:01 PM
Has BIAS and FCB support been so little help? They usually are quire responsive? They make both products and should have all the answers you need, I"m kinda shocked that they have not been able to you. It seems like these should be questions that they get all the time? Lots of folks use that particular pedal with BIAS.

Todd

As Ben and I were talking about the the other night, I had a similar setup. The FCB1010 with the chip and the 11 r was pure plug and play. Worked like a charm from day 1. Zero issues. However, Once I got a real wah pedal (The hotone mini wah) I realized that my FCP1010 pedal just sorta sucked in terms of it's responsiveness and I sold my unit. It was fine for getting the general idea of wah, but it just did not have the tracking cabability that I required personally for my own particular taste. SO I sold the FCP and got this unit pair with the hotone wah. It worked as soon as I plugged it in. Then again, I just use it for patch changes. So I'm not dong anything to crazy with it. Love the unit thought smile.gif NO PLASTIC and around $250 all metal, BIG LED display to let you know what patch you are on, with metal foot switches and you can program the leds to change color based on what you want. So my LED for the lead channel is RED. smile.gif

I like that the 11r can act like a plugin and respond to sofware control, just like a plugin using a mouse, but you can take it with you without needing an extra recording interface. Just a power amp or plugin in to a pa. Sorta like the AXE FX or KEMPER. Now the Kemper is FAR FAR FAR less software controlled so it's a LOT less like a plugin. So if you are looking for something that acts like a plugn, the kemper aint it. The AXE FX is more like a plugin that you can take with you in a rack. However, they just now added USB recording capabilty which seems really odd as the 11 has had it since day one. But then again I'm a HUGE 11r fan boy as I've owned WADS AND WADS AND WADS of rack gear and the 11 is the only one I've kept.

-----
i have a fcb too, but with custom prom to use it with 11R

Cheers

Laurent
[/quote]

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Dec 30 2016, 08:02 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 10:52 AM