Introduction - Staffay
Staffy
Mar 1 2010, 11:53 AM
Learning Tone Master
Hi buddy!
I don't think any further vids or mp3's of my playing is actually necessary, since Im here all over the place.... laugh.gif
What I want to describe however, is what I have been doin before, and what I really need to improve.

I started out as a rock player but turned into jazz at age 19, I've then played a lot of be-bop and standard songs and studied first at college 2 years, and then on the university for some year before dropping off going on tour instead.
I then played professionally (eg. made a living out of it) for about 10-12 years playing all type of music, hit songs, pop, rock, greek music, latin music, evergreens. Just about anything the audience wanted to hear depending on where we played. I've been touring a lot in Europe, mostly in the nordic countries but also in Spain, Greece etc.

Theory-wise I have a pretty good skill, I believe. I know how to apply the theory but haven't really practiced it effectively on the guitar, even that I know how its connected and made my own stuff out of it....
Playing-wise, its much more worse, since I haven't really practiced ever (with the exception of when I was in college), just playing the songs in my own way....

My right hand is really bad comparing to the left one - they are not in balance, also I have to practice a lot on timing in my belief, since I tend to "hang" on the beat too much - probably due to playing a lot of blues....

I also think that I can improve a lot chord-wise, playing type of chord solos and that stuff....

If You wanna know something I haven't mention, just ask, I answers ALL questions!!!! smile.gif

//Staffay

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Mar 1 2010, 02:03 PM
Instructor
Hi Staffay,

I am glad to see that you choose to study with me for next 3 months. I will do my best to help you with any area you feel the need to improve and work on. This brings me to a question for you : What do you really want to work on? Every month we have to do one REC and everything else is pretty much left to us regarding lesson plan. I was planing to give you transcribing assignments where you would have to transcribe at least 4 bars of some solo from some well known standard and performer. So transcribing automatically applies ear training practice and it also makes you work on your technique (finding the way how to execute Sax solo on Guitar etc). Let me know if this is something that you would be interested and then we can move further on. I will open your thread as soon as we agree on your direction and assignments.

Pedja

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Staffy
Mar 1 2010, 07:48 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Mar 1 2010, 02:03 PM) *
Hi Staffay,

I am glad to see that you choose to study with me for next 3 months. I will do my best to help you with any area you feel the need to improve and work on. This brings me to a question for you : What do you really want to work on? Every month we have to do one REC and everything else is pretty much left to us regarding lesson plan. I was planing to give you transcribing assignments where you would have to transcribe at least 4 bars of some solo from some well known standard and performer. So transcribing automatically applies ear training practice and it also makes you work on your technique (finding the way how to execute Sax solo on Guitar etc). Let me know if this is something that you would be interested and then we can move further on. I will open your thread as soon as we agree on your direction and assignments.

Pedja

Oh, that sounds great Pedja! I would love to do some transcribing, and as You say, it will for sure benefit the other parts as well!
Let's start rolling!!!! smile.gif

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Mar 2 2010, 02:34 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Staffy @ Mar 1 2010, 07:48 PM) *
Oh, that sounds great Pedja! I would love to do some transcribing, and as You say, it will for sure benefit the other parts as well!
Let's start rolling!!!! smile.gif

//Staffay

Awesome Staffay . I will open your MTP thread later today with your 1st assignment!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Mar 4 2010, 07:23 PM
Instructor
Staffay your March thread is active now and your 1st assignment awaits you! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 02:07 AM