Fox Vs Rabbit !
Ben Higgins
May 7 2012, 09:03 AM
Instructor
Here's a small thing I read this morning:

A Zen master out for a walk with one of his students pointed out a fox chasing a rabbit.

"According to an ancient fable, the rabbit will get away from the fox," the master said.

"Not so," replied the student. "The fox is faster."

"But the rabbit will elude him," insisted the master.

"Why are you so certain ?" asked the student.

"Because the fox is running for his dinner and the rabbit is running for his life," answered the master.

I really like this story but what message do you get from it ?

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
May 7 2012, 03:15 PM
GMC:er
A fox is faster than a rabbit by a decent amount, but whats the terrain like? Is there places for the rabbit to evade and hide in? I need answers before I can answer sir! laugh.gif

The story makes me feel that doing something faster isn't always better.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
May 7 2012, 05:19 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
In my opinion it means if something really means a lot to you and you make it your top priority, you'll follow through and will achieve your goal eventually. If it isn't and you can "survive" without it and find something else that looks important to you, you'll quit and chase after something else.

Someone here has this nice signature saying: "If the need is deep, you will find a way. If it isn't, you'll find an excuse." One of the best quotes ever. That's why I'm heading off to the gym now laugh.gif

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
rhoads
May 7 2012, 05:36 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
That's a creepy looking fox !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 7 2012, 06:59 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ May 7 2012, 05:19 PM) *
In my opinion it means if something really means a lot to you and you make it your top priority, you'll follow through and will achieve your goal eventually. If it isn't and you can "survive" without it and find something else that looks important to you, you'll quit and chase after something else.

Someone here has this nice signature saying: "If the need is deep, you will find a way. If it isn't, you'll find an excuse." One of the best quotes ever. That's why I'm heading off to the gym now laugh.gif

Yeah, that's the kind of thing it says to me. I can't put it any better so I won't smile.gif

QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ May 7 2012, 03:15 PM) *
A fox is faster than a rabbit by a decent amount, but whats the terrain like? Is there places for the rabbit to evade and hide in? I need answers before I can answer sir! laugh.gif

Haha, you're like a philosopher who won't commit to a theory unless you have some background info ! laugh.gif

QUOTE (rhoads @ May 7 2012, 05:36 PM) *
That's a creepy looking fox !

Haha, yeah you're right. laugh.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 09:07 PM