> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

11 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Lukasz Drazek's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 6 2014, 06:04 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Lukasz Drazek @ Apr 6 2014, 01:59 PM) *
In improvistations i know minor scale boxes and can play it in different keys, and i want practice how to use that scales.
About 40 Power Metal Bands. I was thinking about routine like this: 1,5h routine 0,5h - 40 Power Metal Bands, 1h improvisations to some backing track. Still all parts are tricky for me becouse of speed. But i want beak the ice.

Ok! Let's start with the first 3 bands. But then we can re organize the practice, because there are parts extremely difficult while there are others easier.

Would you like to share some improvisations here? To have a first idea of the things that we should improve? It would be great if you can add a comment about each take you share here with your honest thoughts. Analyze yourself.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lukasz Drazek
Apr 6 2014, 06:16 PM
Learning Roadie

I have only one recorded, and u saw this, we work together on this one. I think basic things we should improve, becouse not always, my improvisation is clever, not always sounds good, usually is the boring one what i make... i need to sit and practice on making new solos, and see in period of time how i improve this.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 6 2014, 08:01 PM
Instructor
yes, I can note that you are hitting nice notes over the backing but it's true that the solo is lacking some direction and stronger points. I would like to list here a series of things that you should work every day, to slowly improve your improvisations and solo compositions.

+ Learn the Pentatonic Scale (with the blue note) in all positions. It's the basic scale for rock, blues, pop and many other styles so it's a must to learn to play it and how to use it.
+ Learn the Major scale. You should be able to play it in 5 positions, and combine them on each string. Play the scale over a the root chord to hear how each note sounds over it and also try to sing the notes while you play them to incorporate the sound.
+ Patterns: Play both Pentatonic and Major scales using different patterns (in 3rds, 4ths, 5ths, 6ths).
+ Play Random notes over backing tracks to hear how each note sounds over the backing. Experiment with different combinations.
+ Learn and experiment with Triads & Arpeggios. Both can help you to avoid playing the same combination of notes that we are used to play when we learn scale shapes and practice them up and down all the time. The arpeggios can include extensions like 6th, 9th, 11th so your soloing can become very rich.
+ Learn new licks every day. It's like learning show phrases of a language. It helps to start a conversation, to start a solo. Learn them, and create your own variations, but always be ready to shot one of them during a solo.
+ Modes: A new world can be open if you expand your knowledge and learn modes and how to use them.
+ Learn and analyze your favorite solos. Learn the licks, the theory behind it, and the structure used.
+ Combine everything over backing tracks.

This list is very wide and can take a whole life to master everything, but if you work on one of these things every day or if we create a routine that covers some of these topics, be sure that you'll be going on the right track.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Lukasz Drazek
Apr 6 2014, 08:48 PM
Learning Roadie
Awesome!!! I cant wait to see routine that helps me in this. I just write that tips on paper ;d

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 7 2014, 02:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Lukasz Drazek @ Apr 6 2014, 04:48 PM) *
Awesome!!! I cant wait to see routine that helps me in this. I just write that tips on paper ;d

This is the best thing that you can do. You can create a weekly schedule to cover different items from that list. But be sure to go slowly and enjoy the process. It's not something that you will learn in 1 month. Please write down your weekly plan here so I can give you feedback and help with it.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Lukasz Drazek
Apr 7 2014, 03:13 PM
Learning Roadie
My schedule for this week:

0,5 h Stratovarius
0,5 h Helloween
0,5 h Gamma Ray
0,5 h Im playing "German Power Metal I :Halloween", and "The Voice of Your Guitar"

1h learn Pentatonic Scale + playing with backing track

And i noticed that when i can play each part in same tempo i have problem with connecting it, even if i can play them in that tempo separately

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 7 2014, 04:33 PM
Instructor
The plan looks great! and yes, that's the following thing to work. Once you can play the parts isolated, you have to learn to connect them. It's part of the practice. This also happens with normal lessons but in this case, the connection is more difficult.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Lukasz Drazek
Apr 14 2014, 03:32 PM
Learning Roadie
Now i alomst can play first 5 parts of 40 Power Metal Band in 115 tempo, but i cant record it becouse i havent seen option to download that version, (only full speed) sad.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 14 2014, 04:37 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Lukasz Drazek @ Apr 14 2014, 11:32 AM) *
Now i alomst can play first 5 parts of 40 Power Metal Band in 115 tempo, but i cant record it becouse i havent seen option to download that version, (only full speed) sad.gif

Check your inbox! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Lukasz Drazek
Apr 15 2014, 01:23 PM
Learning Roadie
Here is what i got by last week:

https://soundcloud.com/ukasz-dr-ek-2/40-power-metal-bands

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 15 2014, 02:29 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Lukasz Drazek @ Apr 15 2014, 09:23 AM) *

Excellent! This medley will definitely take your playing to a new level. There are some licks that are more difficult than others. As I said before, you should isolate this ideas to give them extra attention and practice. Also creating variations as exercises is a good idea. For example the first pattern from 00:02 to 00:07, the one between 00:21 and 00:24, etc. Also, be sure to use palm muting at 00:33 to get that Helloween style sound. Before you move to a faster tempo, try to improve a bit the timing of this one.

Keep on the hard work!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Lukasz Drazek
Apr 15 2014, 02:42 PM
Learning Roadie
Ok thanks for feedback. One more question about that lesson i should focus on that parts to make them full speed or learn all parts on 115 bpm. What is better road to learn?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 15 2014, 02:46 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Lukasz Drazek @ Apr 15 2014, 10:42 AM) *
Ok thanks for feedback. One more question about that lesson i should focus on that parts to make them full speed or learn all parts on 115 bpm. What is better road to learn?

Learning all parts at 115 can make you discover which are the parts that will give you more problems and then, when you increase the tempo you will naturally have to work on them. If you just work the trickier parts and not the whole song, you can get bored soon so I suggest going for the whole thing played at 115 bpm.

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Apr 15 2014, 02:47 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Lukasz Drazek
Aug 25 2014, 05:33 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi!
From few moths my goals, change about 180 degrees. I learn from this time kinda more teoretic things, more musician.
I know:
- all pentatonic shapes and conections between them
- modes ( the shapes)
and now trying learn arpeggios, can you show me how i can use arpeggios, i know shapes. My question is how practice them over the chords. How you learnt use arpeggios? Any tips and advices are appreciated.

Luke

PS. And can u make guitar routine for me this week? I wanna focus on difference techniques 1.5h and (0.5hor more) if have more time for creative workout
And u can give me one challenging lesson per month. What u think about it

This post has been edited by Lukasz Drazek: Aug 26 2014, 11:42 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 26 2014, 05:48 PM
Instructor
Hi Lukasz, how are you?

Nice to see you back here! smile.gif

A lot of great stuff happening here. Let's start with Arpeggios.

Arpeggios are an awesome way to learn to improvise and solo over chord progressions applying a concept known like "following the chords". This helps you to create more solid phrases that are totally related with the chords, that fits so nicely and that can make you hear the chord progression even playing them without a backing track. The best way to work on them is practicing over different chord progressions. You can start with progressions that include only major chords, then just minor, them combine both. Once you are comfortable with them, you can start working on Maj7th, Min7th, Maj7th 9th, Min 7th 9th, Dominant and min7 b5. This is not an easy task, it can take many weeks/months to master, but once you can play it, you will be able to play over every progression, in styles like rock, blues, pop, jazz, fusion, etc.

Off course that this arpeggios are combined with the use of Pentatonic scales, Modes, and Passing notes. Finally there is a cool concept called Polychord that is based on combining different arpeggios in one to get more unusual guitar lines.

The first exercise could be:

- Learn Major Arpeggios.
- Practicing them over this progression: G - D - C - D (you can download my backing using this chords clicking HERE)
- Combine Major arpeggios of each chord with G major and G major pentatonic scales.

Now regarding your guitar routine. The creative / theory section can be the one described above.

Technique Workout could cover:

Warming up
http://youtu.be/1XsLRQFV7rY

Alternate Picking (20 min)
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Linear-Shred-Zone/

Feeling (Vibrato, dynamics, Bending) (20 min)
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...bending-lesson/

Sweep Picking (20 min)
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/altern...-picking-etude/
Legato (20 min)

Rhythm (20 min)
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Rhythm-Guitar-80s-Rock/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/rhythm-gu...-rhythm-lesson/

What do you think? Do you have some lessons in mind that cover these ones?

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Aug 26 2014, 07:20 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Lukasz Drazek
Aug 26 2014, 06:18 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks for your response smile.gif
For alternate picking i start learning Linear Shred Zone by Ben Higgins, and dont have in mind what put in other topics.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 26 2014, 07:21 PM
Instructor
Lessons added! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Lukasz Drazek
Mar 28 2015, 03:22 PM
Learning Roadie
Hey,

I was not active on forum last months, but i still trying become better guitarist, musician. After some research I have some propositions how to work together in this thread. What can help me with systematize my excercising. I want touch some aspects.

1. Ear training
2. Technical playing
3. Improvisation

On each point you can make assigments for me. For example monthly assigments (try play this lesson at xxx bpm) . In Sunday i will sumarise the week. What i achieve, what i dont achieve. I thinking about separate each topic with few assigments.

Ear training:
You can give me song, and i try find chord progression or something like that. Later when i can easy find chords, we can move on a little deeper.

Technical:
alternative picking
feeling (vibrato/bending/dynamics)
legato/sweep picking
rythm

Improvisation:
I will do your improvisation course from first lesson. Step by step, lesson by lesson. And tyring improvising to backing track in each lesson what i got in technical topic.

I think we should start with lessons diffuculty 3-4, and slowly move on with difficulty without racing. In our thread i got many lessons, what i dont learn them. So when you think that this lesson is really effective, you can post this again.

There is a link to my rec zone:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/inde...p/Lukasz_Drazek

I want practise this way from 06 April 2015 what do you think about this? Maybe you have any suggestions?

Lukasz

This post has been edited by Lukasz Drazek: Mar 28 2015, 05:04 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 29 2015, 06:29 PM
Instructor
Hi Lukasz, great post.

I think that your plan and goals are very well chosen. The three topics that you want to cover are fundamental, wide and also totally connected each with each other.

1. Ear training

There are many ways to train our ears. We can use software designed for this to use our ear and mind to discover the different intervals but I think that it's better for us to do things that include guitar for this training. Learning songs, riffs, solos, singing a melody and then play it on guitar, playing scales and singing the notes while you play them are some of the most effective things you can practice.

I think that learning songs is a good idea, and that we could get even more of this workout if you also analyse structure and theory behind the songs that you learn to incorporate some composition concepts at the same time.

There are some suggestions to start:

https://youtu.be/OfIfzVf8t6E
https://youtu.be/NRtvqT_wMeY
https://youtu.be/vabnZ9-ex7o

2. Technical playing

Do you like this lesson for this first week? It has an interesting rock phrasing that combines vibrato, bending, alternate picking, and the use of dorian mode with minor pentatonic:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/slow_rock_solo/

3. Improvisation

Let's go for the Improvisation course. Work on the exercises and share here your recordings. I also recommend you to try the tasks over other backings tracks that you can use from GMC lessons.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Lukasz Drazek
Apr 8 2015, 07:13 PM
Learning Roadie
Hey,

On Sunday i will share with you what i done through week, now i paste my answer on Ear training assigment.

ASSIGNMENT 1: Intervals I

Perfect 5th, Major 3rd, Perfect 5th, Perfect 8va, Major 3rd, Perfect 5th, Perfect 5th, Perfect 8va, Perfect 8va, Major 3rd, Perfect 8va, Major 3rd, Major 3rd, Perfect 5th, Perfect 8va, Perfect 8va, Major 3rd, Perfect 5th, Major 3rd, Perfect 5th, Perfect 8va.

Lukasz

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 06:48 AM