Loudness Wars
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 5 2008, 08:41 PM
GMC:er
This is open to everyone but I want Marcus' opinion on this topic as he will have experience recording for a huge market.

Hey Marcus. I want your thoughts on the current loudness war that seems to be going on with many bands. Trying to get louder and louder records when many people use volume stabilisers on ipods and what not these days. It seems bands are destroying their new albums by adding unneeded distortion and huge compression on albums. You listen to the difference between an 80's, a 90's and a 00's record and the difference in levels is ridiculous. When you are in the studio do producers push for this sort of mix or not and are you of the same opinion that the volume on many new albums is just ridiculous?

This blog is really to the point I feel and talks especially about the new Metallica album and new Trivium albums:

http://mastering-media.blogspot.com/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Marcus Siepen
Oct 9 2008, 11:06 AM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
Lol, nice way of advertising yourself smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 06:57 AM