Meeting Your Idols Off The Stage.
Sickz666
Apr 5 2011, 11:33 PM
GMC:er
Hey guys! smile.gif
Just wanned to ask you all if you ever met any of your idols off stage, like just by luck.
The reason of this is since our school went to a musical yesterday and we got 2-3 hours off to go get something to eat.
So me and my friends decide to grab some food at pizzahut before the show and just when we get our food i just freeze and look at the door.
There is Joacim Cans! The singer from Hammerfall! ohmy.gif
So of course i asked him for a photo with me and im just overall very happy for that momment smile.gif

So anyone else had similar experiences? laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
thefireball
Apr 6 2011, 12:59 AM
Learning Roadie
Can't say I have. But I have met my favorite band before, RED, and got their autographs and picture. That was after the show, though. biggrin.gif Doesn't count, eh?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
JamesT
Apr 6 2011, 03:30 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
Can't say I've been lucky enough to have met anyone famous, but I've had some pretty cool dreams about it.

Not in the "In your dreams" sort of way mind you biggrin.gif , but just some pretty realistic dreams. Like for example not too long ago, I was in my living room playing the Zep song "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You" and Robert Plant and Jimmy Page were both there. Plant was singing and getting into it, and Page was giving big nods of approval. Man, what a cool dream. I woke up thinking," yea, I must be alright. Those guys thought I could play pretty good". And then there's a recurring dream where I'm back stage playing for the band during the concert. Most of the time it's my own band and for some reason I'm just back stage (kind of sucks) but lots of times I'm filling for one a big name guitarist (there have been several, once for the Scorpions, and once for George Harrison I don't know why cause I only know a couple of Beatles tunes. Hey my idols are getting old now. mellow.gif ) In the one for George, his hand was hurt so they needed a backup. That recurring dream is cool, but there's something behind the fact I'm always back stage behind a curtain that bugs me.

Didn't mean to hijack your thread about meeting famous players, but maybe dreams are close enough? laugh.gif Congrats on meeting Joacim Cans.

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post
Sickz666
Apr 6 2011, 01:35 PM
GMC:er
Thanks smile.gif
Of course it counts fireball wink.gif I just rarely have the time at the momment to go to concerts and such since its my last year in high school and i got to study like hell, so i was very happily suprised laugh.gif

I wish i would dream about bands i like, or have dreams i remember at all really xD

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Apr 6 2011, 01:55 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
I`ve been very lucky to meet a couple of influences, many years ago (early 90`s) I was in a band that played a gig in an "off the beat n track" venue, it was a weekend biker bash with some up and coming local bands, we played early on on the Friday evening, I didnt know until we arrived that the headline act for the night was "Samson" a band at the forfront of NWOBHM in the mid eighties, probably many have not heard of Samson but just google em wink.gif I got to speak with Paul Samson at some length and stand and sup my pint with him for half hour or so which was pretty great smile.gif

with a twist of fate after the sad death of Paul Samson I was contacted by his guitar tech and roadie (I`d done and sent to the Samson website a tribute of two Samson songs) and was thanked and he told me he had forwarded my CD on to Chris Alymer who was Samson`s Bass player, he also called me personally on the telephone and I was lucky enough to get the oppotunity to travel to his home, and we went to a rehearsal studio not far from his house and jam several old Samson tunes, very sadly Chris Aylmer passed away only a few months after this, who knows, I could have been a part of his "Dr Ice" project smile.gif this part of my life will be a great memory for me forever smile.gif

this was all several years ago now, more recently I met Bernie Torme, more known for playing with the "Gillan Band" but did actually finish the tour with Ozzy Osbourne after the death of Randy Rhoads, in fact Bernie only lives about 5 miles down the road from me, and again, a truly nice guy, he lets his studio out for band rehearsals when its not booked for recording and thats how I got to meet him, I stood talking to him outside his house!! with my knee`s knocking lol! smile.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 06:32 PM