Need Help W/ Me Floyd ...
ruben_mcn
Apr 16 2010, 10:35 AM
Learning Roadie
Hey Guys I own a Ibanez rg 2550 z W/ floyd .. and I have one problem the floyd isn´t one of thouse that have to screw the whammy bar ( or somthing like that .. ). In my guitar the wahmmy kind sticks in the floyd .. and the whammy is allways moving around dry.gif ... is there a way to make is stay still where i want to ???

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by ruben_mcn: Apr 16 2010, 10:36 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Apr 16 2010, 10:43 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
If you`ve got the Ibanez Edge pro trem then you may need to replace the two white plastic/nylon bushes that are on the whammy bar itself (the bit that goes into the bridge), to be honest, I had the same problem with mine, I replaced the bushes but it didnt make a huge or significant amount of difference.

I`ve kind of lived with it since and it doesnt really bother me having it swinging around.

I think some of the Edge trem systems (poss the Edge pro II?) has a small hex bolt in the bridge that you can tighten slightly to grip onto the whammy bar once inserted into the bridge.

there is some older posts on this and I think the general solution was to find something thin enough that you can push in with the whammy bar to help prevent it from swinging around.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Apr 16 2010, 10:51 AM
Learning Tone Master
If there isn't anything you can tighten with the screwdriver in the hole where the trem is going in then there is no way to get the bar in a fixed position...
I wasn't too impressed by the higher Ibanez Tremolos at all - it's OFR or no trem at all for me now!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Apr 16 2010, 11:01 AM
Learning Roadie
Thanks Chris .. I will look for them .. and maybe give duck take a try or somthing like that..

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Apr 16 2010, 12:28 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (ruben_mcn @ Apr 16 2010, 10:35 AM) *
Hey Guys I own a Ibanez rg 2550 z W/ floyd .. and I have one problem the floyd isn´t one of thouse that have to screw the whammy bar ( or somthing like that .. ). In my guitar the wahmmy kind sticks in the floyd .. and the whammy is allways moving around dry.gif ... is there a way to make is stay still where i want to ???

take the bar out
there is a slot where the bar is that you could put a screwdriver in and on the back side there is a nut to tighten
this how mine tinghtens

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 01:04 AM