6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Cliffs Of Dover Cover Video-collaberation Signup Thread!
Praetorian
Nov 22 2008, 08:04 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
Ok guys, let's get this thing underway! This is going to be a video collaberation of our talented members doing a cover of Cliffs of Dover! I have been speaking to Ivan about how to undertake this, and we decided that we would break the song up into 20 or 30 second sections and assign that time frame to participants so they can learn that one section. Once all the videos are collected, I'll splice them together and we'll have the complete song! So, since this is different than a usual collaberation, and the fact that the song is only 4 minutes long...we will only be able to have 8 or 9 people depending on how long the sections are. But, I think that it will be really fun for those who are able to play this very difficult song! So...who can play this thing...and who wants in?! We'll give it two weeks for the video upload deadline. This thread is just for signups...and then when we have 8 people we will decide who wants to play which part and go from there!

p.s. Here is the backing track. The first 30 seconds or so are silent, as that is when EJ is cranking out that crazy intro solo...who is brave enough to take on THAT part?! tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Praetorian: Nov 22 2008, 09:18 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  johnson__eric_cliffs_of_dover.mp3 ( 3.96MB ) Number of downloads: 344

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Nov 22 2008, 08:18 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Praetorian @ Nov 22 2008, 08:04 PM) *
Ok guys, let's get this thing underway! This is going to be a video collaberation of our talented members doing a cover of Cliffs of Dover! I have been speaking to Ivan about how to undertake this, and we decided that we would break the song up into 20 or 30 second sections and assign that time frame to participants so they can learn that one section. Once all the videos are collected, I'll splice them together and we'll have the complete song! So, since this is different than a usual collaberation, and the fact that the song is only 4 minutes long...we will only be able to have 8 or 9 people depending on how long the sections are. But, I think that it will be really fun for those who are able to play this very difficult song! So...who can play this thing...and who wants in?!

p.s. Here is the backing track. The first 30 seconds or so are silent, as that is when EJ is cranking out that crazy intro solo...who is brave enough to take on THAT part?! tongue.gif

I'll take the intro, might take me a while to nail it though, when is the deadline?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
ParalyzedHorse
Nov 22 2008, 08:29 PM
Is it too late for me to join?

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Nov 22 2008, 09:16 PM
QUOTE (Tjchep @ Nov 22 2008, 02:18 PM) *
I'll take the intro, might take me a while to nail it though, when is the deadline?

How about two weeks? Is that enough time? That will make the deadline for video uploading December 06!

QUOTE (ParalyzedHorse @ Nov 22 2008, 02:29 PM) *
Is it too late for me to join?

Absolutely not...plenty of time! If you have the skills for this one, go for it!

--------------------
Ben

Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
ParalyzedHorse
Nov 22 2008, 09:28 PM
Cool, so how are the parts going to be divided?

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Nov 22 2008, 09:32 PM
QUOTE (ParalyzedHorse @ Nov 22 2008, 03:28 PM) *
Cool, so how are the parts going to be divided?

When we have all the people that want to get involved, I'll break the song up into parts closest to 30 seconds that flow properly. Then, if people have a preference, they can request a certain section!

--------------------
Ben

Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
ParalyzedHorse
Nov 22 2008, 09:34 PM
Sounds good!

+Quote Post
ErikEklund
Nov 22 2008, 09:44 PM
Im in , if I dont have to take that crazy intro thing ^^ if thats ok smile.gif

This post has been edited by ErikEklund: Nov 22 2008, 09:46 PM

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Nov 22 2008, 10:17 PM
QUOTE (ErikEklund @ Nov 22 2008, 03:44 PM) *
Im in , if I dont have to take that crazy intro thing ^^ if thats ok smile.gif

Tjchep took the intro! Ok, so we have:

Tjchep
ParalyzedHorse
ErikEklund

Five more to go! Muris...Ivan...Emir...etc. are you guys interested?

--------------------
Ben

Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
chast
Nov 22 2008, 10:39 PM
Learning Roadie
Oh guys, you took definetely took a challenge there smile.gif
I only can wish you good luck with nailing Erics tone. I can't wait to see (well actually hear biggrin.gif) the final result

--------------------
"They play it extremely fast, it doesn't make any sense, but it's Slayer so it makes a lot of sense" :)

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Nov 22 2008, 10:55 PM
QUOTE (chast @ Nov 22 2008, 04:39 PM) *
I only can wish you good luck with nailing Erics tone. I can't wait to see (well actually hear biggrin.gif) the final result

Hear AND see! Remember guys...this is a VIDEO collaberation!

--------------------
Ben

Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
Gus
Nov 22 2008, 10:57 PM
Hey. I definitely want to come in. tongue.gif

I'd like to take the first chorus.
In this version is from 1:00 to 1:25
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55nAwmVLQSk

This post has been edited by Gus: Nov 22 2008, 10:57 PM

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post
bladzerok
Nov 22 2008, 11:03 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
i would love to try it!
but i could only play the two main riffs from the songs for now( the one after the intro and the chorus)
i will do my best to record a good video but sometime i have a latency problem beetween audio and video...

--------------------
My gears are:
guitars:
-simon and patrick accoustic guitar
-ovation accoustic guitar
-Ibanez S320 electric guitar
-Ibanez RG7321 electric guitar
amp:
-Peavey valveking 112
effects:
-Boss SD-1
-Dunlop crybaby from hell
-Boss GE-7 7-Band Equaliser
-Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Nov 23 2008, 12:34 AM
You got it Gus! Ok...we have:

Tjchep
ParalyzedHorse
ErikEklund
Gus

This post has been edited by Praetorian: Nov 23 2008, 02:31 AM

--------------------
Ben

Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
ParalyzedHorse
Nov 23 2008, 12:35 AM
QUOTE (chast @ Nov 22 2008, 03:39 PM) *

you mean the cliffs of dover preset on the pod isnt good enough??? unsure.gif

This post has been edited by ParalyzedHorse: Nov 23 2008, 12:48 AM

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 23 2008, 01:26 PM
Instructor
Sign me in mate. I wanted to improvise as I wrote you on PM, but I will learn my part as everyone else.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Nov 23 2008, 01:44 PM
I want to do it but I don't know if I'm capable as I have never tried the track. I love the song. Are there any easy sections?

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Gus
Nov 23 2008, 02:06 PM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Nov 23 2008, 01:44 PM) *
I want to do it but I don't know if I'm capable as I have never tried the track. I love the song. Are there any easy sections?

I didn't try to play it yet, but from listening I think probably easiest part is first verse.

Intro scares me, tongue.gif and the rest of the song seems to be on progressive difficulty compared to the first verse.

QUOTE (Praetorian @ Nov 22 2008, 08:04 PM) *
This thread is just for signups...and then when we have 8 people we will decide who wants to play which part and go from there!

By the way. To make things easier, specially in the mix, we should probably use the same reference and talk in terms of bars.

I think this is pretty much perfect tab
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/e/eric..._guitar_pro.htm

So, the section I want to do is bars 37 to 61.

This post has been edited by Gus: Nov 23 2008, 02:22 PM

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Nov 23 2008, 02:44 PM
QUOTE (Gus @ Nov 23 2008, 08:06 AM) *
I didn't try to play it yet, but from listening I think probably easiest part is first verse.

Intro scares me, tongue.gif and the rest of the song seems to be on progressive difficulty compared to the first verse.

By the way. To make things easier, specially in the mix, we should probably use the same reference and talk in terms of bars.

I think this is pretty much perfect tab
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/e/eric..._guitar_pro.htm

So, the section I want to do is bars 37 to 61.

Gus, can you send me that tab version in email or message? Everytime I go to Ultimate Guitar website, I get bombarded with popups and I can never get to the tab itself!

Ok...so now we have:

Tjchep
ParalyzedHorse
ErikEklund
Gus
Ivan
and possibly OrganizedConfusion

Almost full!

QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Nov 23 2008, 07:44 AM) *

I wanted to get involved as well...but after trying to get some sections down last night, I had to come to the conclusion that I am definitely NOT ready to tackle this collab! So, I'll stay on the organization side of it! tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Praetorian: Nov 23 2008, 02:42 PM

--------------------
Ben

Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Nov 23 2008, 02:45 PM
I will give it a go

Give me an easy bit. Defo not the intro biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:36 AM