Muting while tapping...
Engellos
Jan 30 2007, 12:02 PM
GMC:er
I'm sorry if this has been brought up before, but I didn't find anything while looking up past topics.
I couldn't understand why my tapping sounded so messy, until I finally realized that it wasn't the string that I was tapping on made all the noise. What is the technique to mute the rest of the strings while tapping? But at the same time, on the videos, it doesn't look like Kris is muting the other strings. How does it sound so clean without muting? I mean, I'm not messy when tapping and hitting other strings as well, but simply hitting the fretboard is vibrating the other strings on my guitar... huh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Jan 30 2007, 12:16 PM
GMC:er
Good question. Now I'm no tapping master, but I can tap cleanly. So if you watch Kris' right hand you'll see that when he's tapping his right palm is resting on all the strings abvoe the string he's tapping, and all the strings below the string he's tapping on is covered(and muted) by his left hand. This has always worked for me.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
IPB Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:58 PM