Best Blues à La Stevie Amp.
Jesse
Aug 4 2008, 10:27 AM
GMC:er
What do you guys think is the best amp for blues like stevie ray vaughan?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
Aug 4 2008, 11:23 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
that's a difficult question really but if it was me I'd get a Fender tube amp that I could max out, and add a tubescreamer. Or a vintage tube Marshall, still with the tubescreamer infront.

Use a Strat and really fat strings and make sure to have strongs hands wink.gif

Something like <1w for home usage or 15-30 for rehearsing and gigs (small to medium rooms)

Isn't this the coolest? http://www.stevesmusiccenter.com/LittleLanilei3350.html ohmy.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Jesse
Aug 4 2008, 12:29 PM
Now I got a fender frontman 65 watt. which is a little too much:P Because if Iput the volume on 2... its way too loud:P

--------------------

+Quote Post
Xuestor
Aug 4 2008, 03:42 PM
QUOTE (Jesse @ Aug 4 2008, 01:29 PM) *
Now I got a fender frontman 65 watt. which is a little too much:P Because if Iput the volume on 2... its way too loud:P

If you like the amp, get an attenuator. I recently purchased one myself and are VERY happy with it. I can max out my 100w tubehead and get down to very quiet practice levels. Cause I assume the frontman is a tubeamp, right?

This post has been edited by Xuestor: Aug 4 2008, 03:43 PM

--------------------
Gear:
Epi LP with SD SH-2/SD SH-6
Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul Standard VOS Bourbon burst
Gibson Les Paul Classic Antique Vintage Sunburst
Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded Tobacco burst
Fender Stratocaster Antigua with Stan Hinesley Karma/ Stan Hinesley EXP/ Dimarzio Protrack
Jem 7VWH
Fender CD160NT 12-string
Ibanez AW40NT 6-string
Martin 000X1 6-string
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade Head with 2*12 Celestion Vintage 30's Cab

Grammatic Professional auf Schweden

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Aug 4 2008, 04:32 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
Fender Twin Reverb is a beautiful amp. Bring your wallet though as they aren't cheap!

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
Fran
Aug 4 2008, 04:55 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
QUOTE (MickeM @ Aug 4 2008, 12:23 PM) *

blink.gif Now that's a sweet little amp for sure!! Out of stock though sad.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
JVM
Aug 4 2008, 05:08 PM
Learning Roadie
If you have some bucks to kick around: A fender bassman, twin or deluxe reverb will do (deluxe reverb is the cheapest and also sits nicely at 20 watts, GREAT amp, some people call it the greatest amp of all time). I'm partial to the 65 Twin Custom 15 myself, if I got another amp besides my mesa it would probably be this beast.

Also, a fender supersonic is a great choice, it's in the same price range as the above amps but is also very versatile. When I was trying out between a mesa 5:50 and this supersonic, I was kind of leaning towards the supersonic (GREAT cleans, crunch and even super heavy high gain in a nice package).

If you want to spend less (but still get a tube amp) I'd go for a blues junior or a blues deluxe if you crave a little more dirt and volume (while still having that awesome stevie clean/dirty sound available).

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Jesse
Aug 5 2008, 07:36 AM
QUOTE (Xuestor @ Aug 4 2008, 04:42 PM) *
If you like the amp, get an attenuator. I recently purchased one myself and are VERY happy with it. I can max out my 100w tubehead and get down to very quiet practice levels. Cause I assume the frontman is a tubeamp, right?

It's not:O

--------------------

+Quote Post
javari
Aug 5 2008, 08:18 AM
I recently bought a Fender Princeton Recording amp.
It's basically a blackface Fender amp with a build in attenuator and two build-in stomp box effects, a compressor and an overdrive. (this overdrive sound tube screamer like)
It's only 15 watts. You can turn the volume really high, then you get a really nice tube sound, at the same time you can keep sound levels down by turning on the attenuator.
The attenuator has about 15 steps from bypass to completely silent. When the amp is silent you can use a headphone of the recording line out.

I think it's a great amp!.
The only negative thing I can think of is the price... Overhere it was about € 1250, which is quite expensive...

--------------------
Guitars: Fender US standard Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard
Amps: Fender Princeton Recording Amp, H&K Statesman Dual EL84
Effects: Pod XT, Keeley TS808, Keeley DS-1, RAT

+Quote Post
Xuestor
Aug 5 2008, 06:22 PM
QUOTE (Jesse @ Aug 5 2008, 08:36 AM) *
It's not:O

ooooh, okay. Then I'd recommend checking out the Blues deluxe, as someone stated above me.

--------------------
Gear:
Epi LP with SD SH-2/SD SH-6
Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul Standard VOS Bourbon burst
Gibson Les Paul Classic Antique Vintage Sunburst
Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded Tobacco burst
Fender Stratocaster Antigua with Stan Hinesley Karma/ Stan Hinesley EXP/ Dimarzio Protrack
Jem 7VWH
Fender CD160NT 12-string
Ibanez AW40NT 6-string
Martin 000X1 6-string
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade Head with 2*12 Celestion Vintage 30's Cab

Grammatic Professional auf Schweden

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 6 2008, 01:12 PM
Instructor
My vote goes to some Fender combo with 12" with built in attenuator that can go from 5W-50W. This will cover practice and gigs as well.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 01:33 AM