Please Help Me! What Song/artist Is This?
Robin
Aug 4 2007, 12:09 AM
GMC:er
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpsrwE-oVUA...ted&search=

I heard this song in a skateboard film a long time ago, and again in this Simpsons episode. The song starts around 1:15 into the video clip.

I think its a really great song, and I also like the style alot. Maybe someone knows who's playing?

Thanks!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wheeler
Aug 4 2007, 12:19 AM
The person in the YouTube comments section had it right, it's White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane. Late sixties Cali psychedelic rock. Played with the Grateful Dead alot. Cool stuff IMHO.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Robin
Aug 4 2007, 12:26 AM
Mkay great, thanks!

+Quote Post
Kaneda
Aug 4 2007, 10:14 PM
Other side of the coin
True masterpiece. The melodic line and the chords are just perfect, and Grace Slick has such a beautiful, distinctive voice, and always does some really interesting stuff in terms of phrasings and use of vibrato. And the opening guitar lick is inspired in its simplicity smile.gif

Although I always wished it was a longer song - doesn't need more lyrics, but the effect would be really nice if it were 6-10 minutes long smile.gif Or went all-out Bolero, and lasted 14-15 biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Kaneda: Aug 4 2007, 11:46 PM

+Quote Post
Hungus
Aug 5 2007, 11:47 AM
I thought it was by Janis Joplin actually but I could be wrong..... awesome song though.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
jikai55
Aug 5 2007, 04:46 PM
It is by Jefferson Airplane, but the song is not White Rabbit, the song is Go Ask Alice smile.gif.

+Quote Post
Kaneda
Aug 5 2007, 08:44 PM
Other side of the coin
Jefferson Airplane made no song titled "Go Ask Alice", but you're thinking of the same on, since "White Rabbit" includes that line smile.gif

And no, it's not Janis smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 06:21 AM