10 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
The Gmc Borderline Group Program
Darius Wave
Jul 11 2015, 09:44 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Beat Zbinden @ Jul 9 2015, 03:42 PM) *
My first version. I hope i have the right sound.
At 1:20 there is a noise on the backing track. Do you have that too ??

Hey Beat! I was cheking it at home through different speakers, headphones and on spectrum + clip analyzers. I coudln't find anything worng, any noise, nothing but the natural "stick click" from the drums fill being spoted in this time area. Do anyone experience what Beat pointed?

Beat. Maybe it has something to do with sampling rate value in your daw vs backing track sample rate? Does it happen even when you decrease the track volume? Does it happen on both - downloaded file and backing track playback directly on the site?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Darius Wave: Jul 11 2015, 09:50 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bleez
Jul 11 2015, 10:02 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Jul 11 2015, 09:44 AM) *
. Do anyone experience what Beat pointed?

sounds okay on my headphones, I don't hear any issues at 1:20.
nice playing, Beat smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Beat Zbinden
Jul 11 2015, 11:32 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Jul 11 2015, 08:44 AM) *
Hey Beat! I was cheking it at home through different speakers, headphones and on spectrum + clip analyzers. I coudln't find anything worng, any noise, nothing but the natural "stick click" from the drums fill being spoted in this time area. Do anyone experience what Beat pointed?

Beat. Maybe it has something to do with sampling rate value in your daw vs backing track sample rate? Does it happen even when you decrease the track volume? Does it happen on both - downloaded file and backing track playback directly on the site?

This is what i have when i made the download from the site.... It confuse me a bit...
Or i have somethings in my ears.. biggrin.gif

I have asked my wife.
She think also that i have something in my ears... rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by Beat Zbinden: Jul 11 2015, 12:04 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Ballad_Soloing.mp3 ( 51.75K ) Number of downloads: 52

+Quote Post
Beat Zbinden
Jul 11 2015, 02:29 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker

My new version.
A little change in the sound setting. More dynamics and more focus on vibratos and phrasing.

This post has been edited by Beat Zbinden: Jul 11 2015, 02:30 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Ballad_Soloing2.mp3 ( 1.06MB ) Number of downloads: 56

+Quote Post
yoncopin
Jul 11 2015, 08:15 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
This took a trillion takes and a lot of practice, but here's my final take. I thought this was impossible when I started, but after a lot of work I'm pretty proud of the result. I got pretty good control of the volume swell and learned a ton about creating tones with my Pod. I can't believe this is where I was last November, I can't thank Gab and GMC enough for how far I've come.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Jul 12 2015, 03:24 AM
Learning Roadie
Assignment 2: Final Take

Overall, I am pretty happy with it. I got rid of the overbend because I didn't feel like it blended well. I also made some minor changes to a few parts.

smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 12 2015, 05:21 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Beat Zbinden @ Jul 11 2015, 10:29 AM) *
My new version.
A little change in the sound setting. More dynamics and more focus on vibratos and phrasing.

Nice tone Beat. It has a good balance between sustain and quantity of drive and the EQ is also very balanced. It is perfect to focus on Dynamics. I wouldn't change any setting except the fx that creates the ambience which could be more present, but not necessarily, it's just my subjective opinion.

Your playing is also on the right track. I like how you are managing dynamics, there is more room for it, mostly in the most aggressive parts that could be played stronger.

Also please polish timing, and some legato licks that sound weak.

Keep on the good job!

Thanks Chris S. and Yoncopin for your final takes! I'll give you complete feedback as soon as I get all the final takes.

Congrats on a new goal achieved! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Beat Zbinden
Jul 13 2015, 01:42 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
This is my Final Take Assignment 2

This post has been edited by Beat Zbinden: Jul 13 2015, 01:44 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 13 2015, 02:04 PM
Instructor
Hi Beat, thanks for your final take! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
bleez
Jul 13 2015, 09:18 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Final Take Assignment 2

there's nothing I like about this take. I'd much prefer not to post it tbh.
I like the lesson very much but Ive just not got the touch ( or tone ) for it and it's been most depressing these last 10 days having to listen to myself playing it blink.gif
I had tried playing more of my own licks but at the weekend when I reviewed what I had been playing I really didnt like it at all so I had to drop most of my ideas.
I know there are mistakes and bad bends but Ive spent SO much time recording take after take after take that if I had to record it one more time tonight I would probably go on a kill crazy rampage.
ph34r.gif wacko.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Jul 13 2015, 09:36 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (bleez @ Jul 13 2015, 08:18 PM) *
Final Take Assignment 2

there's nothing I like about this take. I'd much prefer not to post it tbh.
I like the lesson very much but Ive just not got the touch ( or tone ) for it and it's been most depressing these last 10 days having to listen to myself playing it blink.gif
I had tried playing more of my own licks but at the weekend when I reviewed what I had been playing I really didnt like it at all so I had to drop most of my ideas.
I know there are mistakes and bad bends but Ive spent SO much time recording take after take after take that if I had to record it one more time tonight I would probably go on a kill crazy rampage.
ph34r.gif wacko.gif

Personally,

I think you did an awesome job along with everyone else biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
yoncopin
Jul 13 2015, 09:44 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Chris S. @ Jul 13 2015, 04:36 PM) *
Personally,

I think you did an awesome job along with everyone else biggrin.gif

I agree, this one was really hard. I'm impressed with everyone so far.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Jul 13 2015, 11:12 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (yoncopin @ Jul 13 2015, 08:44 PM) *
I agree, this one was really hard. I'm impressed with everyone so far.

We can't be too hard on our selves - what we are doing in 10 days is pretty amazing!

I'm glad to be a part of this program with you guys biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
bleez
Jul 14 2015, 07:29 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
it was difficult thats for sure and you guys takes were solid with really nice sounding tones as well. Chris, I really liked the reverb you have on this. I dont know if you have your new unit in the chain here but whatever..... it sounds great.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jul 14 2015, 04:24 PM
Instructor
Well well smile.gif All of You did a great job with this lesson. I know there is a lot of details to learn, and the time was short but Your results are enjoyable smile.gif Thank You smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 14 2015, 09:38 PM
Instructor
ASSIGNMENT II - BALLAD: The comments.

Yoncopin:

Hi Brian! Congrats on completing the assignment II!! At first I have to say that you did a very good work setting the tone for this lesson. I like the quantity of drive and eq that you used so we can consider that half of the work is perfect.

This lesson requires a very good control of expressing skills and I think that you are on the right track with this elements. You played the licks with a very good timing and with precision. Your dynamics are starting to appear there, I notice that you put a lot of effort to emphasize them, but I think that there is still a lot of room to make it more expressive and controlled.

I also notice that you are not playing this relaxed, I can see in your hands and hear in your playing that you are still worried about to many things while playing, you have to think too much. This is off course something natural related to the fact that the deadlines are short on this program. I’m sure that you’ll feel more comfortable with this with more days of practice, so please keep it in your diary practice.
So to summarize, you did a very good job and your take shows that you still need to continue exploring and working on dynamics but that you are on the track.

Keep on the great job!

Chris S. :

Hi Chris! Congrats on your work! You have completed the assignment II of this program!

The first thing that I note in your take is that your tone fits good with the backing. I like the EQ and the ambience created by delay. I would have mixed the backing a bit louder but it’s ok for this workout.

Your playing is good on this one, It’s very valuable to see that you added a lot of your own playing on this take because I can see that this is another step in the search of your own voice on guitar. It’s the way to make the licks of a lesson of your own.

I like the feel of your phrasing, it’s calm and relaxed but I think that there is still work to do with your dynamics work. You are not accentuating any notes from phrasing to give your melodies a special and more expressive feel. The overall solo has an intensity / drive evolution but this is not happening too much on each phrase. You should train it to be able to control more the intensity of each note that you pick.

Your timing improved a lot comparing this take with the previous that you shared here so it’s very good to see that you concentrated on fixing it.

Finally, there are some little pitch issues here and there, nothing really serious but it would be good if you pay attention to it on future assignments.

Ok mate, thanks for your take, keep on the hard work!

Beat:

Congrats on completing this new assignment!!

You did a great job with the tone design. It’s very very very nice, warm and enjoyable, well done! Your playing is also very nice on this one.
Your phrasing is relaxed and calm, and even with the lack of more aggressive picking in some little moments, I feel that your playing has enough and natural dynamics.

So we can say that you covered the main elements of this assignment successfully.

The two things that I’d like to mark as things to work are your vibrato technique and even most important your timing.

Your vibrato is not consistent on this take, sometimes it’s a bit weak, while other times is irregular and not natural.

Regarding your timing, I noticed that many short phrases have timing issues on this take so I recommend you to concentrate on timing on you future assignments since it’s a problem that appears when there are many things to think on.

Ok mate, even with the timing issue, your take is very enjoyable thanks to the feeling and tone that you’ve achieved. Keep on the hard work.

Bleez:

Hey mate, congratulations on a new assignment completed!

I have to say that this new take shows that this program is having a big impact on your guitar playing! Your overall phrasing is being polished and old problems start to show important improvements.

You already know the old problems, and I’m sure that you note the things that need more attention on this one but here is a list to have them in mind:

- Polishing some licks that show timing issues and notes that sound weak.
- Polishing your bending, it’s getting better but there are some bends that are not reaching the correct pitch.
- Keep on improving your vibrato.

Your tone is not bad but I feel that the lesson deserves a warmer tone. I think that this can be related to the amp chosen, which seems to be too metal and lacks bass frequencies. Try another more vintage amp for this kind of solos, and also with less drive.

Your control of dynamics is good on this one, I’m impressed on how much it improved compared to previous videos that I’ve seen from you. You are on the right track, keep on working like this!

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Jul 14 2015, 09:40 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 15 2015, 05:16 PM
Instructor
Hey guys! Have you seen the feedback? Are you ready for the next assignment?? smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
bleez
Jul 15 2015, 06:24 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 15 2015, 05:16 PM) *
Hey guys! Have you seen the feedback? Are you ready for the next assignment?? smile.gif

yes indeed, thanks Gab. Im keen to move on cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
yoncopin
Jul 15 2015, 06:58 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 15 2015, 12:16 PM) *

Yes, thank you for the feedback. I feel pretty good that we were thinking mostly the same things about my take. I was enjoying the quiet before the storm of the next lesson. Ok, what is it this time?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Beat Zbinden
Jul 15 2015, 09:19 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Thanks for the feedback!! I'm ready! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:41 AM