New Amp/distortedish Sound Help Please :p, Peavey XXX Tube Amp W/ Behringer 412 Ultrastack
TuckerG
May 25 2012, 11:07 PM
GMC:er
I Just bought a Peavey Triple XXX Amp head from a pawn shop for $225.00, I think the tubes are stock 6l6's ( I don't know much but what I googled). I also purchased a Behringer BG412H Ultrastack cab for $199.00. <--- Does this seem a fair price? biggrin.gif I know it is after the fact haha! My question is the speakers sound a little distorted, I do not know how to describe this due to lack of experience...ugh. Does anyone have, or had a Triple X and have some input on optimizing the tone or connection? I'd like to get some good ol' rip tearin' ripped jeans wearin' and blarin' not given a carin' metal distortion sound. tongue.gif

The way I have it set up is: Two cables from the parallel mono outputs on amp head to the cab, which is switched to 8 Ohm/Channel stereo in. The amp switch is set on 8 Ohm out. I think it is set up right! biggrin.gif Should I run one cable Mono at 16 Ohms? Does this even affect anything? smile.gif

-Tucker

Per request, I'll happily describe in further detail, any additional amp features, behaviors, or sound dynamics therein, pertaining to the issue in question, where about to what is that which I ask.

-Frustrated lol

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by TuckerG: May 25 2012, 11:23 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 07:10 AM