Ola Leaves Randall, And Everyone Else.
Todd Simpson
Jun 29 2019, 08:57 AM
GMC:er
As you all know, I"m a big fan of how Ola Englund has gone from a "Youtube Guitar Guy" to a Professional Youtube Guitar guy with his own brand of Guitars etc. I just heard today that he LEFT RANDALL AMPS. Yup. Had his own signature amp, called the "SATAN" and now he just abandons Randall. He also abandoned Strictly 7 guitars for another builder and then abandoned them to create the same guitar under his own brand, and abandoned his first touring band Six Feet Under to join a more local international touring band, (I don't know if he has abandoned them yet) I am always pitching him as an example of how to "Make it" without leaving your bedroom basically. Then going from bedroom player to international touring guitar guy, which is sorta every bedroom players dream. It seems now he just sorta shoots the bull doing FAQ videos and it seems to be working. Maybe that's the final stage. Get to scale and make belch/fart FAQ videos and that's it. But that seems so ... sad.

I gotta say though. Just zero loyalty to all of the vendors that helped him get to where he is sorta strikes me as odd. I don't know what his big game plan is, but he must know what he is doing since he's one of the most successful youtube guitar guys ever. Him and FLUFF went pro starting from just making vids in their bedroom.

I tend to be more loyal to folks/brands that support me. Maybe that's just not the way to go. But that's just me. I'm a loyal guy. I 'm still trying to learn from Ola as I'd love to make the kind of money he makes. It's a process. I wonder if he will abandon his own brand of guitars?

So here it is, 80,000 views on a video of Ola eating a pop tart. Yup. He eats a pop tart and gets nearly 100k views. Then mentions leaving Randall who gave him a signature amp. Is that really the goal? Get to scale and just make pop tart belch videos? Does this make anyone else a little sick?
So now he just pitches his "pay" channel, membership thing on youtube which are just more belch, fart, watch him play video games, etc. Maybe that's all there is to life. If that's so, then it's not the life I'd want. I unsubbed him today. Not that it matters. Just such a sad end.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 29 2019, 09:03 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
klasaine
Jul 1 2019, 10:42 PM
GMC:er
Honest reviews.
I would love to see a negative review of a piece of gear, sent by the manufacturer, from a pro yt reviewer.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 2 2019, 07:41 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (klasaine @ Jul 1 2019, 11:42 PM) *
Honest reviews.
I would love to see a negative review of a piece of gear, sent by the manufacturer, from a pro yt reviewer.

Yeah that is true.

You can learn to recognise a negative review though - ie when the youtuber leaves out his/her personal opinion on certain crucial aspects of the product.

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 2 2019, 04:21 AM) *
If you can't beat em join em!!!!! smile.gif I may have to make some of these myself.
Todd

I am holding my breath for your coming fart video Todd!

--------------------

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jul 3 2019, 02:13 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jul 2 2019, 07:41 PM) *
I am holding my breath for your coming fart video Todd!

top tier dad joke

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 4 2019, 12:02 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Jul 3 2019, 03:13 AM) *
top tier dad joke

hehe I think I am dad jokes guy 😂

--------------------

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Todd Simpson   Ola Leaves Randall, And Everyone Else.   Jun 29 2019, 08:57 AM
- - Mertay   The money is earned from the teens in music busine...   Jun 29 2019, 12:41 PM
|- - Todd Simpson   I guess he will pull an Eddie Van Halen and make h...   Jun 29 2019, 08:50 PM
nnn
- - yoncopin   I think he's just a saavy businessman, abandon...   Jun 29 2019, 01:31 PM
|- - Todd Simpson   Agreed. He's laser focused on the belch vid ma...   Jun 30 2019, 07:58 AM
|- - Kristofer Dahl   QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 30 2019, 08:58 ...   Jul 1 2019, 08:00 AM
|- - Todd Simpson   If you can't beat em join em!!!...   Jul 2 2019, 03:21 AM
nnn
nnn
nnn
- - klasaine   "Official" product relationships/endorse...   Jun 29 2019, 02:38 PM
- - Kristofer Dahl   Although I don't follow his channel closely - ...   Jun 29 2019, 10:13 PM
|- - Todd Simpson   Agreed I don't think he's being a D##K ag...   Jun 30 2019, 03:55 AM
nnn
- - Todd Simpson   Ola sorta Explains himself in this vid as he is ev...   Jun 30 2019, 09:54 AM
- - Rated Htr   First of, what he did has more to do with the way ...   Jun 30 2019, 11:08 AM
|- - Todd Simpson   I've been a fan since day one. Bit less so rec...   Jun 30 2019, 05:29 PM
nnn
- - jstcrsn   the vast majority of people watch to escape . What...   Jun 30 2019, 12:03 PM
- - Todd Simpson   Indeed I may have to use the three pillars of you...   Jul 2 2019, 08:55 PM
- - Todd Simpson   Holding my nose for everyones upcoming fart vids...   Jul 3 2019, 04:19 AM
nnn
nnn
nnn
nnn
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 04:27 PM