Star Spangled Banner And The Rec, Creative performance in the REC
Hammerhead
Jun 2 2009, 04:00 AM
GMC:er
Aloha to all,
I had the thought that each month ...or what not, there could be one assignment that could be graded for the REC program, and this piece would not have to be a GMC Lesson, but instead could be just be a song or Anthem that many people would know. The song title would be posted. Then anyone interested would either practice it or find a way to learn it if they don't already know it. (It would not have to be complete songs but perhaps 1-2 minutes of a song.)

The Star spangled banner would be an example. During the holidays it could be more traditional songs: We wish you a Merry Christmas, or Carol of the Bells (I think of Trans Siberian Orchestra and how creative they were with this song.). Even inspirational songs that many would know... Purple haze, or let everybody vote for a song. This would allow the REC program to include some of our more creative performances!

What does everybody think? Could we try one for July and make it the Star Spangled Banner?

cool.gif

Robert

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
When I look down at my hands... I see "FINGERS of DOOM"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
skennington
Jun 2 2009, 04:34 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Hi Robert,

Your idea is great and I think some would like to take part. However, the REC is solely for grading purposes of GMC lessons. We have to be careful when covering songs that are under copyright not to infringe if you know what I mean. No tab's can be posted here, although links are fine. smile.gif

Your patriotism is awesome as well but do keep in mind that we have members from all over the world so some may not care to cover a certain countries anthem but some may embrace it. I personally would love to learn a few others than the USA anthem. cool.gif

Your topic will get better feedback on the Lessons and Practicing board, members can not comment on this board so I'm going to move it their.

Cheers,
Steve

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Jun 2 2009, 04:47 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I think the monthly challenges cover a portion of this suggestion, don't they?

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.

+Quote Post
fkalich
Jun 2 2009, 04:50 AM
QUOTE (skennington @ Jun 1 2009, 10:34 PM) *
Your patriotism is awesome as well but do keep in mind that we have members from all over the world so some may not care to cover a certain countries anthem but some may embrace it. I personally would love to learn a few others than the USA anthem. cool.gif

Sure, there are some better ones. The German's have Haydn. I think the Austrians use that same tune.

But we have the only one I know of, that goes to the tune of an old tavern drinking song.

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Hammerhead
Jun 2 2009, 05:06 AM
QUOTE (skennington @ Jun 1 2009, 05:34 PM) *
Hi Robert,

Your idea is great and I think some would like to take part. However, the REC is solely for grading purposes of GMC lessons. We have to be careful when covering songs that are under copyright not to infringe if you know what I mean. No tab's can be posted here, although links are fine. smile.gif

Your topic will get better feedback on the Lessons and Practicing board, members can not comment on this board so I'm going to move it their.

Cheers,
Steve

Thanks Steve,
I did post it there first thinking I was posting it under the REC forum... So you don't have to move it on, Thanks though. I'll take a look at the monthly challenge as well... it sounds like maybe this might be similar to what I was thinking of.

Robert

--------------------
When I look down at my hands... I see "FINGERS of DOOM"

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 02:24 AM