2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Love Me (competition)
El Fortinero
Sep 13 2011, 05:03 AM
GMC:er
Hey Kris, so here is my take for the love me competition, i should record some things again but have no time ( same thing with the video) so this is my final take.
It was quite a challenge to record in db, never did it before! hope you like it guys, spent some days doing it.

Attached File  love_me_01.wav ( 28.16MB ) Number of downloads: 161

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by El Fortinero: Sep 13 2011, 05:22 AM

--------------------
WWW.GROOVERMETAL.COM.AR
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sickz666
Sep 13 2011, 06:37 AM
Kris you don't happen to have a instrumental backing for this? I was planning on giving the "angry" vocals a try. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 13 2011, 09:17 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Sickz666 @ Sep 13 2011, 07:37 AM) *
Kris you don't happen to have a instrumental backing for this? I was planning on giving the "angry" vocals a try. smile.gif

Awesome, here we go:
Attached File  No_Voice.mp3 ( 5.43MB ) Number of downloads: 94

QUOTE (El Fortinero @ Sep 13 2011, 06:03 AM) *
Hey Kris, so here is my take for the love me competition, i should record some things again but have no time ( same thing with the video) so this is my final take.
It was quite a challenge to record in db, never did it before! hope you like it guys, spent some days doing it.

Haha love it - that's an awesome "medley" and very cool licks! Already listened twice to it =)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Amir Razmara
Sep 14 2011, 04:16 AM
QUOTE (El Fortinero @ Sep 13 2011, 04:03 AM) *

El Fortinero this was awesome and funny, nice work man biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
El Fortinero
Sep 14 2011, 04:33 AM
Thank you very much Amir, it really means a lot to me because i spent many hours doing it-

--------------------
WWW.GROOVERMETAL.COM.AR

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 15 2011, 06:25 AM
I thought I'd experiment a bit and use my Classical Guitar on this one, but add Wah Wah and other fx to keep it interesting smile.gif Also I avoided composing in long phrase/counter phrase/phrase and instead kept it short and sweet!

The solo is at the start of the track just after the count in.
Here is an audio preview of my solo with the "no Guitars" backing.

Attached File  LoveMeBackingWithSolo.mp3 ( 1007.06K ) Number of downloads: 68

And here is just the solo by itself, just in case.

Attached File  LoveMe_Todd_Solo_Only.mp3 ( 1007.06K ) Number of downloads: 69

Youtube Video and Data file to follow Waiting on RAPIDSHARE verification.

GEAR USED:
Yamaha Classical (Internal Pickup/PreAmp)
Clayton 1.5 MM Pick
Overloud TH2

VIDEO
Canon Vixia HDcamera
Final Cut Pro
Magic Bullet Looks 11

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Sep 15 2011, 06:47 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 15 2011, 02:36 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 15 2011, 01:25 AM) *
I thought I'd experiment a bit and use my Classical Guitar on this one, but add Wah Wah and other fx to keep it interesting smile.gif Also I avoided composing in long phrase/counter phrase/phrase and instead kept it short and sweet!

The so...

Rapidshare seems to not like my file. I'll send the video file again today using sendspace.com it's the same idea. A GMCer pointed it out to me a bit ago.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Sep 16 2011, 05:15 PM

+Quote Post
Sickz666
Sep 15 2011, 03:35 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Sep 13 2011, 10:17 AM) *
Awesome, here we go:
Attached File  No_Voice.mp3 ( 5.43MB ) Number of downloads: 94

Haha love it - that's an awesome "medley" and very cool licks! Already listened twice to it =)

Thanks man! smile.gif
Getting some good ideas for this already. smile.gif
Is it okay to record in garageband and mail you the GB file or do i have to do it some other way?

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 16 2011, 05:14 PM
VIDEO FILE FOR LOVE ME COMPETITION:

I compressed the file down and it's black and white so it's quite small. Keep having issues with rapidshare to I thought I'd just upload it here. smile.gif

Attached File  LoveMe_ToddSoloHDstream.mov ( 6.24MB ) Number of downloads: 71

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 15 2011, 09:36 AM) *
Rapidshare seems to not like my file. I'll send the video file again today using sendspace.com it's the same idea. A GMCer pointed it out to me a bit ago.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Sep 16 2011, 05:16 PM

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 20 2011, 01:53 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Sickz666 @ Sep 15 2011, 04:35 PM) *
Is it okay to record in garageband and mail you the GB file or do i have to do it some other way?

Sounds like it could work - the competition is pretty much closed so I need your file(s) soon! Looking forward to your take!

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 15 2011, 07:25 AM) *

Hehe very tasty/original sounding Todd - video was very nice as well!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 20 2011, 02:34 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Sep 20 2011, 08:53 AM) *
Sounds like it could work - the competition is pretty much closed so I need your file(s) soon! Looking forward to your take!

Hehe very tasty/original sounding Todd - video was very nice as well!

Thanks! smile.gif I call it "Gypsy Wah Wah" Had a great time building the patch and the solo. Really looking forward to the final. Congrats on an awesome collab.

I shot using my little Sony Handycam and applied MAGIC BULLET LOOKS (Which I LUUUUUV) my fav Video plugin. Makes my cheapy cameras look wads better on post.

Attached Image

Todd

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Sep 20 2011, 02:44 PM

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 21 2011, 09:48 AM
GMC Founder
Cool setup Todd!

Ok I will announce the winners shortly - thanks for the entries!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 27 2011, 01:45 PM
GMC Founder
Thanks for your awesome contributions - me a Bogdan have done a final mix with the entries:

--------------------

+Quote Post
dark dude
Sep 27 2011, 05:51 PM
Congratulations, winners!

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
El Fortinero
Sep 28 2011, 01:17 AM
cool collab, cool video! sorry for not sending a photo or a video, i am studing hard for my second middterm exams sad.gif

Thanks for the prize!

--------------------
WWW.GROOVERMETAL.COM.AR

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Sep 28 2011, 06:38 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Yeah, thanks for the prize, much appreciated wink.gif

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Fran
Sep 29 2011, 03:50 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Congrats guys, well played cool.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:14 PM