Alternate Picking Addiction
Outlaw2112
Aug 18 2008, 05:41 AM
GMC:er
Im soo used to alternate picking that its hard for me to get used to sweeping... my hand wants to alternate pick when im not asking it to, its just automatic unless i concentrate on not doing it... laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
Ramiro Delforte
Aug 18 2008, 08:22 AM
Instructor
Check Frank Gamable's Chopp Builder. There you have some different exercises at different speeds for sweeping. Also you can try sweep everything you alternate so you get used to the technique. But I think the more important thing is to use the technique that fits better for the phrasing. So you can analyze the phrase and try to figure out what's the best technique for that specific phrase.
I hope it was usefull.
biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile and Board

LIVE VIDEO CHATS EVERY MONDAY AROUND 22PM (GMC HOUR)

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 18 2008, 05:19 PM
Instructor
Don't worry mate, everything is solvable. You have probably spend much more time on AP workouts right? So if you wanna play equally well sweeps, just need to spend that much time on sweeping techniques, that's pretty much how it works.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
seagull
Aug 18 2008, 05:25 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Aug 18 2008, 06:19 PM) *
Don't worry mate, everything is solvable. You have probably spend much more time on AP workouts right? So if you wanna play equally well sweeps, just need to spend that much time on sweeping techniques, that's pretty much how it works.

+1

Time and getting used to the motions is essential!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 07:07 AM