Metal Evolution Documentary, Anyone Watching This? Gotta say it's Awesome.
Todd Simpson
Feb 11 2012, 01:10 AM
GMC:er
The same guy who made the METAL, A HEADBANGERS JOURNEY documentary is doing an entire series on TV here called METAL EVOLUTION. Tonights Episode, was hot in my home town of Atlanta GA as he is talking about our very own home time heroes MASTADON.

You can watch the full episode here.
http://www.vh1.com/video/metal-evolution/f.../playlist.jhtml

Here is a "Metal Geneology Chart" from the show.

It's a small world. A buddy of mine who worked at Turner Broadcasting/Cartoon Network with me a few years ago, knows the guy who runs the Adult Swim show and they had Mastadon do a song for an Adult Swim promo. My buddy Matt would like Mastadon to play his live music show. So I'm trying to work it out through my connection. I hope it happens! As I've mentioned in the past, Mastadon recorded their demo with Matt in the same studio Gnostic recorded our first demo in. It's a really small Metal community here. All the guys know each other and play in each others bands and such.

Todd

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Feb 11 2012, 01:11 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 10)
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 11 2012, 05:04 AM
Instructor
wou! I love this guy's documentaries! and I'm a big investigator of this topic. I like to see and understand how music evolves in many sub genres. Thanks for sharing mate!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
dark dude
Feb 11 2012, 01:35 PM
Thanks for the heads up, I can't watch it due to restrictions, though sad.gif

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
superize
Feb 11 2012, 02:00 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Been watching it over and over again and i love it every time i see it

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
quadrium
Feb 11 2012, 02:25 PM
Learning Tone Master
This is awesome! Thanks a lot Todd smile.gif

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Feb 11 2012, 04:16 PM
I think he missed 'New wave of stoner Black Thrash progressive Skate Metal Death Punk'!!!
biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Feb 11 2012, 11:39 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Feb 11 2012, 04:16 PM) *
I think he missed 'New wave of stoner Black Thrash progressive Skate Metal Death Punk'!!!
biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 12 2012, 03:32 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 10 2012, 11:04 PM) *
wou! I love this guy's documentaries! and I'm a big investigator of this topic. I like to see and understand how music evolves in many sub genres. Thanks for sharing mate!

His new documentary series is really impressive. It's all available on youtube now. It's called METAL EVOLUTION and I have to say I never knew it was such a huge area of research and history and information but wow, it certainly is. Each show breaks down one segment/type of heavy music. Eg. Thrash, Prog, etc.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 12 2012, 04:56 AM
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Feb 11 2012, 10:16 AM) *
biggrin.gif

I'll be that's covered in the next one smile.gif I found out that I'm actually part of the "New Wave of American Heavy Metal" as two bands I used to play in are listed in the NWOAHM Bible (Caustic Thought and Gnostic). I never thought of myself as "New Wave" smile.gif

Attached Image

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Feb 12 2012, 04:57 AM

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 12 2012, 07:26 PM
Instructor
That is awesome, would be great to see it, I love these types of movies, much more interesting then some other modern ones smile.gif

Mastadon, is it like Mastodon? I love them! smile.gif Awesome riffs

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 15 2012, 04:26 AM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Feb 12 2012, 01:26 PM) *
That is awesome, would be great to see it, I love these types of movies, much more interesting then some other modern ones smile.gif

Mastadon, is it like Mastodon? I love them! smile.gif Awesome riffs

Same band smile.gif I just typed it wrong. Yeah, killer riffs. Great to see an Atlanta band doing so well!

Todd

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:55 PM