> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Pourliver's Guitar Race
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 17 2013, 10:31 AM
Instructor
Alright man, well, first things first - I will make a little introductory video for you in which I will tell you what I think that the most important aspects of theory would be and which are the building blocks that we will use, so stay tuned, deal?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pourliver
Jul 17 2013, 07:58 PM
GMC:er
Alright, sounds good to me smile.gif

By the way, the thing I don't really like about what I learned is even if I know scales, or stuff like that, I don't know how to use them, its not affecting my playing at all ohmy.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 18 2013, 07:38 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Pourliver @ Jul 17 2013, 06:58 PM) *
Alright, sounds good to me smile.gif

By the way, the thing I don't really like about what I learned is even if I know scales, or stuff like that, I don't know how to use them, its not affecting my playing at all ohmy.gif

Hey buddy, here we go:

+Quote Post
Pourliver
Jul 18 2013, 08:10 PM
Well I don't know about the minor and diminished sadly, so I'm only able to answer your first task. smile.gif

By the way, do I need to have one of each note ( A B C D E ... ) or if it doesn't matter ( Bb C D D# ... )

Bb Major : Bb C D Eb F G A

I tried to visualize my guitar fretboard in my mind, and count the whole and half hahahaha, it was harder than expected ohmy.gif ( I knew the formula, but never applied it smile.gif )

Am I right ?

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 19 2013, 11:25 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Pourliver @ Jul 18 2013, 07:10 PM) *
Well I don't know about the minor and diminished sadly, so I'm only able to answer your first task. smile.gif

By the way, do I need to have one of each note ( A B C D E ... ) or if it doesn't matter ( Bb C D D# ... )

Bb Major : Bb C D Eb F G A

I tried to visualize my guitar fretboard in my mind, and count the whole and half hahahaha, it was harder than expected ohmy.gif ( I knew the formula, but never applied it smile.gif )

Am I right ?

Hehe - it is correct - in any major scale you need to have only ONE of each note type - i.e. you will never have D and D# but D and Eb - now

The chords task is strictly connected with the harmonizing task, so check this out:

Major chord: 1 3 5
Minor chord: 1 b3 5
Diminished chord: 1 b3 b5

Now, due to the fat that your membership has expired - I do believe that you can't see all the lesson content, am I right?

If I am not right laugh.gif please proceed with this lesson: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Triads..._Series_Part_1/ the principles behind it, are as important as being able to play the chords with good timing smile.gif

What do you think? Is it doable?

If your membership has expired and you can't see all the videos - use the main video as a guideline for the following task:

1) Read the text description in order to find out what the terms harmonizing and inversions mean

2) Taking into account that we are dealing with Root inversion (C E G) only, in this lesson, once you have understood what harmonizing means, tell me the names and notes of all the chords derived from harmonizing the C major scale

How does this sound like, mate?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Pourliver
Jul 20 2013, 03:02 PM
I don't have access to the whole lesson sad.gif

And I don't really get what harmonizing means, the only link I made was that he used only notes of the C major scale to build chords dry.gif
I get the meaning of inversion, but I'm not too sure about "when" it is used in the lesson ohmy.gif

Can you clarify those point before I start working on the names and notes of all the chords ?

Sorry if I'm responding kinda late, had a power outage ( 20 hour without electricity ) yesterday when I was going to reply happy.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 20 2013, 04:52 PM
Instructor
Hey mate - sure thing - harmonizing means that we can derive a chord out of each note in a major scale, using only notes from that particular scale. So basically, instead of playing C D E F G A B C we will play chords - these chords will be triads, so they will be based on the 1 3 5 formula for major chords (ex C major = C E G), 1 b3 5 formula for minor chords (ex A minor = A C E) and 1 b3 b5 formula for diminished chords (ex B dim = B D F).

So, your task is to figure out the chords that are obtained out of harmonizing the C major scale smile.gif What he is doing in that lesson is exactly this task. Don't think of anything else at the moment - just figure out the chords - name each one, tell their nature (major minor or diminished) keeping in mind that you are not allowed to use notes from outside the scale.

If it's still unclear, let me know, k?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Pourliver
Jul 20 2013, 05:38 PM
Hmmm I think I get it now, I just don't see any possible inversion :s

C major: C E G
D minor: D F A
E minor: E G B
F major: F A C
G major: G B D
A minor: A C E
B dim: B D F

But... what about the inversions ? ohmy.gif

This post has been edited by Pourliver: Jul 20 2013, 05:42 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 21 2013, 08:54 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Pourliver @ Jul 20 2013, 04:38 PM) *
Hmmm I think I get it now, I just don't see any possible inversion :s

C major: C E G
D minor: D F A
E minor: E G B
F major: F A C
G major: G B D
A minor: A C E
B dim: B D F

But... what about the inversions ? ohmy.gif

Hey man - great question biggrin.gif Let's take the C major chord for instance - it has 3 notes, right?

So, the possible combinations in respect to the way in which the notes are placed on the guitar neck, would be:

C E G - 1 3 5 this is the direct state

E G C - 1st inversion having the major third in the bass - 3 5 1

G C E - 2nd inversion having the 5th in the bass - 5 1 3

Now that you know these - please try to apply this idea to each chord and after that record a video in which you will play the C major scale harmonization for the direct state and each of the two inversions. Deal? Use the C note found on the A string to start and make your way from that point. Of course, if there are questions, please tell me smile.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Pourliver
Jul 21 2013, 09:12 AM
Ninja question before sleeping,

Only on the A D G strings ?

And if i record video... Quality will be really bad, since I only record via Amplitube 3 usually laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 21 2013, 10:57 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Pourliver @ Jul 21 2013, 08:12 AM) *
Ninja question before sleeping,

Only on the A D G strings ?

And if i record video... Quality will be really bad, since I only record via Amplitube 3 usually laugh.gif

Hey buddy, yes, only those strings and quality is not an issue right now wink.gif

+Quote Post
Pourliver
Jul 23 2013, 08:06 AM
Hi Cosmin !

Quick update smile.gif

I dislocated my left hand little finger, and it really hurt as hell. sad.gif

The only thing I have to record at the moment is an iPod. I'm not too sure about how I'm going to record, since I'm using Amplitube 3, can you help me with this ? ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 23 2013, 12:35 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Pourliver @ Jul 23 2013, 07:06 AM) *
Hi Cosmin !

Quick update smile.gif

I dislocated my left hand little finger, and it really hurt as hell. sad.gif

The only thing I have to record at the moment is an iPod. I'm not too sure about how I'm going to record, since I'm using Amplitube 3, can you help me with this ? ohmy.gif

Uh oh .... mate, what in blazes did you do??

Now, tell me, do you have a webcam?

+Quote Post
Pourliver
Jul 23 2013, 11:13 PM
I don't have a webcam, but I will ask some friends if they have a spare one they don't use anymore ! smile.gif

And for the pinky, it was an accident while playing american football, a tackle went wrong and I felt on my pinky. The joint was pointing backward, so I had to manually put it back in place... It was so painful... But now, I taped my pinky and my ring finger together, and I keep putting ice on it, so its getting better, can't move it a lot, but no more pain smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 24 2013, 08:48 AM
Instructor
Damn... Watch out bro - so, I guess playing is out of the question for a while...

Well, if you get a webcam, at this point you can record both sound and video with it, for the tasks I give you and which you can post in here. Use a youtube channel, upload the movies and embed them here - deal?

+Quote Post
Pourliver
Jul 24 2013, 10:05 AM
As soon as I feel I'm ready to play, I'll record it ! smile.gif

Sounds easy enough, I'll try to update a lil before recording smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 25 2013, 08:01 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Pourliver @ Jul 24 2013, 09:05 AM) *
As soon as I feel I'm ready to play, I'll record it ! smile.gif

Sounds easy enough, I'll try to update a lil before recording smile.gif

Looking forward to it and man, take care of your hands... you only get 2 in this lifetime, ok? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:54 PM