Any Tips For Playing Without Mistakes/to Concentrate While Recording, except writing down and practicing more
stevie ray hey h...
Apr 19 2009, 03:17 PM
GMC:er
Any tips?

I tend to play worse when I record something, or maybe I always play these little mistakes, but they only start to matter when I record it... I guess I don't play very perfect... often it's my mind wandering around forgetting to think of the next move on the fretboard... I guess I'm a dreamer of some extreme blink.gif kind

What can I do about it, anyone have the same problem?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
If I would have lived in a time where guitars not yet excisted, I would have probably invented suicide
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 19 2009, 03:28 PM
Instructor
Sure, people don't do well under pressure usually, and it is perfectly normal not to perform as good as when you practiced or played without recording. What you can do is exercise the part until you really feel comfortable with the part - go up the tempo by 20-30bpms and then it will be a lot easier. Also what I sometimes do is record several takes at once (I loop the backing), and choose the best one.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Apr 19 2009, 03:29 PM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 10:44 PM