5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Six Demon Bag Collaboration Project
Todd Simpson
Aug 21 2013, 01:40 AM
GMC:er
Welcome to the party!!!! smile.gif

QUOTE (Blister @ Aug 20 2013, 11:38 AM) *
Well done Slav, Ulrik & Christian! The bar is already set pretty high with those takes!

I was out of town this past weekend & missed the chat. So I may be a little late to the party but since I'm on a "Collab-High", you can count me in as well! smile.gif I'm ready to get Collab #2 notched in my gig bag!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 27 2013, 01:45 AM
SOLO TIPS AND TRICKS!!!!!

*Creating Your Own "Style" Starts Here*

When building a solo, (and each solo builds what will become your own "style" of play), it's important to be able to create phrase ideas/themes etc. without even touching the guitar. So that eventually, when you hear a bit of music, your creative drive will start mapping out where the solo might go long before you pick up an instrument. At that point, the play is more about execution since much of the experimentation can be done very quickly in your head. this takes time, but you can audition tons of licks in your head against a given backing, then pick which ones to try. But for now,......

1.)Take another pass at the solo and start by just listening and trying to hear where the notes want to be played and where they want to be silent. By listening to the backing by itself, without a guitar in hand, your brain will have to work on the creative part long before the technical comes in to play.

2.)Once you have an idea where the notes might go, try to play what you heard in your head. This can take time to find on the neck. Also keep in mine our "Solo Basics"

-All soloing is TENSION AND RELEASE. Setting it up and paying if off So build tension with bends and ascending scales, then feel where the "resolution" wants to be and land on a ROOT note. Make sure to map the roots out ahead of time. smile.gif

-Focus on creating a Start, Middle and End. Just like a good story, a solo should take you someplace. If the licks are simply strung together, the listener can somehow tell. If the licks are flowing in response to the backing and where it's wanting to take the lead, the listener can tell that as well, even if they can't articulate it.

-Don't worry too much about technique at this stage. You can always add a bit of flash as you go. The most important thing at the early stage is let the backing guide you. Think of the solo as a discussion between friends. Both parties are saying their bit, and since they are friends it sounds harmonious. The conversation shouldn't be too one sided, even though the soloist is playing the part of "responder" to the backing tracks "call". (Call and Response, yet another very important element in creating memorable solos) Through the interplate of the backing (the call) and the solo (the response) something new is created that reflects both. Make sense? smile.gif

Todd

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Aug 31 2013, 07:37 PM
How about a touch of Rhapsody of Fire in there? cool.gif

https://soundcloud.com/sam-ryan-stormrage/six-demon-bag-collab-take

--------------------

Download my free guitar and Floyd Rose setup guide: http://www.samsguitars.tk/

+Quote Post
bleez
Sep 1 2013, 01:22 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
here's my offering to the demons

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Sep 1 2013, 01:54 AM
Here is mine.

https://soundcloud.com/vonhotch/sixbagdemoncollabwb/s-Q7SAa
https://soundcloud.com/vonhotch/sixbagdemoncollabnb/s-Qnq4m

--------------------

+Quote Post
mad
Sep 1 2013, 06:33 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Very cool takes everyone! And that video is epic vonhotch biggrin.gif

Here's my entry:

Attached File  SDB_Take.mp3 ( 1.07MB ) Number of downloads: 100

Attached File  SDB_Take_RAW.mp3 ( 1.07MB ) Number of downloads: 102

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Sep 1 2013, 06:42 PM
Learning Rock Star
I know I'm running late with the video, but I'm in bed coughing and sneezing since my vacation started friday, and it got really bad last night mad.gif

This post has been edited by Ulrik: Sep 1 2013, 06:43 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 1 2013, 06:49 PM
no worries we will have a SIX DEMON BAG EXTENSION to honor all of the DEMONS being purged in this COLLAB smile.gif

Get your entries in when victory over personal demons is within reach!!!

Todd

QUOTE (Ulrik @ Sep 1 2013, 01:42 PM) *
I know I'm running late with the video, but I'm in bed coughing and sneezing since my vacation started friday, and it got really bad last night mad.gif

Nice!!! Demons are crying for sure! smile.gif
QUOTE (mad @ Sep 1 2013, 01:33 PM) *
Very cool takes everyone! And that video is epic vonhotch biggrin.gif

Here's my entry:

Attached File  SDB_Take.mp3 ( 1.07MB ) Number of downloads: 100

Attached File  SDB_Take_RAW.mp3 ( 1.07MB ) Number of downloads: 102

Very cool!!! VON THE DEMON HUNTER!!!!

QUOTE (vonhotch @ Aug 31 2013, 08:54 PM) *

The GODS ARE PLEASED!!!! Well done smile.gif

QUOTE (bleez @ Aug 31 2013, 08:22 PM) *
here's my offering to the demons

Praise Be unto the dark parts of the Soul!!! very spiff smile.gif

QUOTE (sammetal92 @ Aug 31 2013, 02:37 PM) *
How about a touch of Rhapsody of Fire in there? cool.gif

https://soundcloud.com/sam-ryan-stormrage/six-demon-bag-collab-take

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Sep 2 2013, 12:31 PM
Learning Rock Star
Not the best video ever made, but here it is.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Sep 3 2013, 02:25 PM
And the video:

--------------------

+Quote Post
verciazghra
Sep 3 2013, 09:16 PM
Todd I'm so sorry but here I destroyed your song! IT WASN'T MY FAULT THO YOU TOLD ME TO DO IT!!!!

I'm so sorry...

This post has been edited by verciazghra: Sep 3 2013, 11:49 PM

--------------------
"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time." -Leonard Bernstein

"The only love affair I have ever had was with music." -Maurice Ravel

"There's no such place as dumb question." -Dose One

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 3 2013, 09:56 PM
Instructor
ha ha ha! You were right my friend! You really destroyed it tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Sep 3 2013, 10:10 PM
Here's my video Todd, sorry for the lag!

QUOTE (verciazghra @ Sep 3 2013, 10:16 PM) *
Todd I'm so sorry but here I destroyed your song! IT WASN'T MY FAULT THO YOU TOLD ME TO DO IT!!!!

You should better play those Death metal riffs ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 3 2013, 11:31 PM
Very spiff!! I love the look and sound smile.gif

QUOTE (Ulrik @ Sep 2 2013, 07:31 AM) *
Not the best video ever made, but here it is.

WOAH!!!!! I like it smile.gif It's Waaaaaayyy out there!!! Very cool take smile.gif

QUOTE (verciazghra @ Sep 3 2013, 04:16 PM) *

I'm so sorry...

The superman shirt is a nice touch!!! smile.gif

QUOTE (sammetal92 @ Sep 3 2013, 09:25 AM) *
And the video:

Death to false metal!!! Nice one smile.gif

Todd
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Sep 3 2013, 05:10 PM) *
Here's my video Todd, sorry for the lag!

You should better play those Death metal riffs ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Sep 4 2013, 12:20 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 3 2013, 10:31 PM) *
The superman shirt is a nice touch!!! smile.gif

Thanks! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 4 2013, 11:29 PM
Update!!

DEADLINE EXTENDED!!! DUE SEPT. 8th!!!!

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Sep 5 2013, 01:17 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 4 2013, 10:29 PM) *
Update!!

Cool takes so far... I'm going to try to come up with something over this heavy riffing before the deadline!! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Blister
Sep 5 2013, 02:43 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 4 2013, 05:29 PM) *
Update!!

Thanks for the extension. I'm still working on mine. I have one take about ready to render but I would like to refine it just a little more.

This post has been edited by Blister: Sep 5 2013, 04:12 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 6 2013, 06:15 AM
Looking forward to it! smile.gif

QUOTE (Blister @ Sep 4 2013, 09:43 PM) *
Thanks for the extension. I'm still working on mine. I have one take about ready to render but I would like to refine it just a little more.

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Sep 7 2013, 12:21 PM
Damn, if i u knew in advance that there will be deadline extension, i should have waited, and record a better take huh.gif

This post has been edited by Slavenko Erazer: Sep 7 2013, 12:22 PM

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 10:35 PM