Picking, Free Floating or planted wrist
Nihilist1
Sep 5 2011, 04:10 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
I know there was another thread that was VERY closely related to this one; but I wanted to take it one step further.

I learned today that most people who pick with their wrists floating above the bridge at all times(i.e. no support for anything while Alternate Picking) get a lot of unwanted noise when they play with an amp. I was told this today by my guitar instructor who plays with his hand planted on the bridge so that he can eliminate unwanted noises whilst playing.

What are the experiences of the players here? I know that Jeff Loomis keeps his hand floating now, but I haven't seen him live since he changed his technique. I know that when Marty Friedman records in the studio, he actually has an engineer cover the first fret across all strings with a finger so that he doesn't have unwanted noise. Is there any way to beat this without some trick such as using a tubesock or a hairtie?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fire deep inside.
Light the fires!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 03:50 PM