What Version Of Fruity Loops?, what do you use? (kyle? anyone?)
Asphyxia Feeling
Feb 7 2008, 02:44 AM
GMC:er
to anyone who owns a version of Fruity Loops Studio (recently featured in Kyle's software lesson):

what version to you have? there are several. after seeing how easy it seems (thanks to kyle) i'm considering buying the program. i just want it to create drum loops like how kyle did. would Fruity Loops Express be ok? or should i get "Fruity Loops" edition? hahaha. i tried to figure it out myself but was a bit lost on the feature comparison chart. i don't know exactly what all the features mean.

by the by, i think i speak for all GMC students by saying that FL software lesson was AWESOME! recording software is a confusing and unfamilar territory for many of us, but with tutorials as intuitive as that i feel like any of us, no matter how untech savy, can learn how to make great music.

maybe some other instructors could look into doing software tutorials for other programs? (audacity / garageband / etc)

wink.gif rolleyes.gif

EDIT: sorry if i sound confusing. what i'm trying to find out is what FEATURE FILLED VERSION i need to get. i'm stuck trying to figure out the difference between express / fruity loops / producer / XXL editions... not on using FL 6 or FL 7.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Asphyxia Feeling: Feb 9 2008, 12:10 AM

--------------------
What did you learn tonight?
while shouting so loud, you barely joyous, broken thing.
You are a voice that never sings, is what i say.
You are freezing over hell
You are bringing on that end you do so well
and you can only blame yourself, is what is say.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 8)
Juan M. Valero
Feb 7 2008, 08:58 AM
Instructor
Well I use FL 6, and you can see my recording lessons in my own board wink.gif hehe

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Feb 7 2008, 08:59 AM
Instructor

just see my signature and click on "recording lessons" biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Asphyxia Feeling
Feb 7 2008, 10:17 AM
oh! excellent smile.gif

there's so much knowlege on this site, some of it can be right under your nose!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Asphyxia Feeling
Feb 9 2008, 12:10 AM
BUMP due to edit.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kyle Logue
Feb 9 2008, 01:24 AM
Drum instructor
Good question. I have Fruity Loops version 6.0 Producer Edition.

A good place to start is with the trial. I don't think it limits you too much on what you can do.

I use producer edition because I use a lot of synthesizers and record using ASIO and the such. If you're looking to just make drum loops and use a few synths...go for the cheapest version.

Don't forget that you can always export to .wav or .mp3 and edit using a different audio program.

By the way...if you have questions geared towards specific instructors...be sure to let them know that you created the topic wink.gif

This post has been edited by Kyle Logue: Feb 9 2008, 01:28 AM

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 10 2008, 06:48 PM
Instructor
Yes, the Loops is nice for sampling and MIDI use, but not that great with audio.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Kyle Logue
Feb 10 2008, 09:38 PM
Drum instructor
QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Feb 10 2008, 11:48 AM) *
Yes, the Loops is nice for sampling and MIDI use, but not that great with audio.

It's good to make beats and synthesized sounds. I mix and record in Sony Acid Pro though.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 11 2008, 09:41 PM
Instructor
Acid Pro is better for audio, but not that good for MIDI and quantitizing. I use to use acid a lot, now only use vegas from the same family. SOny has some interesting good qualities, like scrolling the mousewheel to zoom. Man I love that one smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:16 AM