> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

10 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 >  
Krakou's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 5 2016, 08:17 PM
Instructor
Hi mate,

the lesson take is promising. You can play the whole thing and now you could dedicate some more days to adjust details. I notice that there are pitch issues in many parts of the lesson. It appears when bending but also when you play some phrases with vibrato. I'm not sure if there is a string out of tune, if your guitar has pitch issues, or maybe you are doing too much pressure with your fingers.

The important question is, do you note the issue?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
krakou
Oct 9 2016, 05:38 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi there,

Regarding your latest question, it depends smile.gif
When I'm clearly out of tune, or when I'm spectator, I can notice that kind of issue.
But when I play, I'm too much into my "thing" and it's quite difficult to play & listen at the same time.
You're right regarding the guitar, I've some probs with intonation. Even when I'm perfectly in tune at the top of the neck, it's not the case at the 12 fret. I have to correct that..

About my home job, here is what I have:

Regarding theory/analyse

The tune in in D major so all chords should belong to the D major scale (D, E, F#, G, A, B, C#, D).
Chords are:
D (D, F#, A), G (G, B, D), Em (E, G, cool.gif, A (A, C#, E)
Those chords can be seen as degrees I, IV, II and V
All notes in the solo belong to D major scale except a few passing notes
Don't know if you want to read more regarding that.. :-)

Video of the lesson.
This is the best I can do at this moment, of course it is not perfect, I always have an hesitation at one point.

I don't have time to do a video of my own tune on this, it was already quite time consuming to learn and play and shoot the Darius one smile.gif
I'm made some trials on the backing track, I mainly have a theme, but I find it quite difficult to develop something interesting.
So I give you one of my takes, I can try to search something from here, but it won't be lightning fast.
Major scale find me dry most of the time..

What I've learned..
First time ever that I really take care of notes that are playing during a solo. Not a surprise to see that all notes are in the scale and in the chords, more a confirmation.
Also that the "Darius touch" is very difficult to mimic. On this lesson, I find he plays a little bit like Neal Schon, and it's impressive how he can makes what he plays lovely with subtle touch.
I'm quite far from that :-) (I knew it, I did not learn it..)

Regards and bye

JL

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  MellowKrak.mp3 ( 1.67MB ) Number of downloads: 46
Attached File  Darius1.mp4 ( 64.94MB ) Number of downloads: 61

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 10 2016, 03:03 PM
Instructor
Hi man! Congrats on your hard work! It's awesome how much profit you've get from this assignment.

At first, the theory side is always great in order to go deeper to what we learn and play. It can be insignificant at first, but after many solos and song analysed you'll have a very valuable background that will definitely help you to expand your creativity.

Your take on the solo is good. There is obviously more room to work on details, since as you've said, Darius playing is magic on this one. There is a lot of expressing work done on it so there is always more room to get more from the lesson. It's one of my favourites.

I wonder, if you'd like o dedicate some more days to work on details, or if you prefer to move to a new assignment. I recommend to continue with this lesson but it's up to you.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
krakou
Oct 10 2016, 03:15 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 10 2016, 04:03 PM) *
Hi man! Congrats on your hard work! It's awesome how much profit you've get from this assignment.

At first, the theory side is always great in order to go deeper to what we learn and play. It can be insignificant at first, but after many solos and song analysed you'll have a very valuable background that will definitely help you to expand your creativity.

Your take on the solo is good. There is obviously more room to work on details, since as you've said, Darius playing is magic on this one. There is a lot of expressing work done on it so there is always more room to get more from the lesson. It's one of my favourites.

I wonder, if you'd like o dedicate some more days to work on details, or if you prefer to move to a new assignment. I recommend to continue with this lesson but it's up to you.

Hello Gabe,

Tnx for your kind words.

I would say I can continue to work on this lesson.
First I have to improve what I can do on the Darius take, until I find it "RECable".
Second I can provide you my own take, way better than what I've done here.

That said, I would enjoy to do this while beginning to work on a new assignement, in order to have some variety on what I play.

Regards

JL

+Quote Post
krakou
Oct 10 2016, 07:54 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi there (again..),

In order to deserve my next assignement, back from work, after the meal, I've grabbed my guitar and tried another version of the song.
The tempo is speed up in order to play a different way, more simple but that does not sound too bad (I think).

Bye

JL

ps: I've changed my track of yesterday evening. Tried to add a slide line on the second rythm part this morning..

This post has been edited by krakou: Oct 11 2016, 09:45 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  MellowKrak_Slide.mp3 ( 1.65MB ) Number of downloads: 45
Attached File  MellowKrak_NoSlide.mp3 ( 1.63MB ) Number of downloads: 45

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 11 2016, 07:44 PM
Instructor
Your recording make me smile. This is beautiful mate, very musical. Nice work! You can polish your playing and tone on it, but the most important thing which is music is there! Thanks!!

ASSIGNMENT #2:

Goals:

- Phrasing
- E Major Improvisation

TASK 1:

- Learn this lesson: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Ballad...ics-phrasing-2/

TASK 2:

- Analyze the chord progression and scales used for the lesson.
- Improvise over the backing track of this lesson trying to create your own variations.

Exam and deadline:

By October 23th you'll have to share:

- A video playing the lesson (4 coins)
- A second video improvising over the lesson's backing track (3 coins)
- A video or text explaining the concepts learnt from the lesson (3 coins)

Each of this videos will be evaluated (check the coins value below). You need to get at least 7 coins to pass. If you pass, we can continue, if you don't you will have a second "call" that would be the last one.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
krakou
Oct 16 2016, 04:24 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi south america !

After some struggling days with that Darius lesson, I can already tell you that I won't be able to play this with 2 weeks smile.gif
I will continue to work of course, but all parts are more or less challenging, and I come back as soon as I have something not too terrible..

Regards

JL

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 17 2016, 01:02 PM
Instructor
Hi mate. Let's do the following.

Don't work on the whole thing, work on the first parts. The idea is that you can focus on less material and be closer to master it.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
krakou
Oct 17 2016, 06:52 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 17 2016, 02:02 PM) *
Hi mate. Let's do the following.

Don't work on the whole thing, work on the first parts. The idea is that you can focus on less material and be closer to master it.

Good idea !

If you agree, I would prefer to work on the second part in fact, the one beginning after the strumming part (59 sec).
There a 2 clearly defined parts for me, I think I could master (more or less) the second in one week.
In fact not even sure, but I will try this smile.gif

Regards

JL

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 18 2016, 07:08 PM
Instructor
Ok! Sounds good! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
krakou
Nov 2 2016, 09:08 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi there !

I just can't believe how time is slipping away :-)

I give you here the complete tune, but played at 75% of normal speed, and it still sounds terrible even if it is the best I can produce today.
It is quite challenging to play in fact, lot of "non linear" lines, but that's what makes the tune interesting. It is not "penta shredding" :-)

I guess I need to break everything in chunks now..

Regards

ps: I've submited a REC this afternoon, one of your early blues I used to warm up with. Darius is quite critical about it, but I understand what he means..

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Dyna2Krak.mp3 ( 3.78MB ) Number of downloads: 47

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 3 2016, 01:16 PM
Instructor
Hi Krakou,

I'm checking the audio and it's true that you need some more time, but it's a good idea to work on it at this slow tempo by now in order to get more familiar with the licks.

About the other lesson, I'll check it. If you have many details marked by Darius, that's a great thing! One of the the most difficult things in life is to find honest people who comments us which are the things that we can improve to become better.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
krakou
Nov 3 2016, 03:51 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 3 2016, 02:16 PM) *
Hi Krakou,

I'm checking the audio and it's true that you need some more time, but it's a good idea to work on it at this slow tempo by now in order to get more familiar with the licks.

About the other lesson, I'll check it. If you have many details marked by Darius, that's a great thing! One of the the most difficult things in life is to find honest people who comments us which are the things that we can improve to become better.

So let's go back to blues 101 if I understand it correctly smile.gif
What's your plan ?
Lick by lick and working on the tone ?

Regards

JL

+Quote Post
krakou
Nov 3 2016, 07:29 PM
Learning Roadie
Here's a dry run, a capella.

We can start from here I suppose.

For the tone, I've added a screamer, which gives more bite.

I like my bend at 22, I like less the way I play just after the bend sad.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Blues0V1.mp4 ( 20.87MB ) Number of downloads: 49

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 4 2016, 04:00 PM
Instructor
Hi mate,

the first two goals should be to polish your bending and vibrato techniques. Then, dynamics.

I'd like to assign you this two lessons to complement the blues one:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginn...ending-Workout/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginn...ibrato-Workout/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
krakou
Nov 6 2016, 03:13 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 4 2016, 05:00 PM) *
Hi mate,

the first two goals should be to polish your bending and vibrato techniques. Then, dynamics.

I'd like to assign you this two lessons to complement the blues one:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginn...ending-Workout/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginn...ibrato-Workout/

Hello,

I got this for the bend lesson, it sounds ok for me, except for the half bend at 22, most of the time that one is not good.
But I guess you may find other problems ;-)

For the vibrato, it's another story if we talk about the first type of vibrato. There is a tiny tiny vibrato although I shake my hand and wrist and finger and everything I can shake. The other types, at least you can hear something..

JL

This post has been edited by krakou: Nov 6 2016, 04:12 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  DariusBend1.mp3 ( 1.7MB ) Number of downloads: 48
Attached File  DariusVib1.mp3 ( 1.72MB ) Number of downloads: 45

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 7 2016, 04:06 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, I agree with your comments but I have to add that the bending lesson show issues on most of the double string bends. Check out the ones at 00:39, 00:45, and 00:54, but also around them, where your bending is not tight.

The vibrato lesson sounds weak yet, you definitely need to go deeper with this one.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
krakou
Mar 1 2018, 06:12 PM
Learning Roadie
So, what did I do "guitar related" during all those months..

I've tried to understand a little bit more what I was doing, more work on triads, scales, arpeggios, caged, that kind of stuff.

And I must admit I've stayed away of what was giving me issues :-)

I'm still not happy with my understanding of the fretboard, but I tend to overthink stuff instead of doing them.
I guess I need to planify more what I work on, measure progress and don't try to do too many things at a time.

If you agree I can work on a video, and we can use it as a base to go further.
But if you have other ideas I'm open to it.

Bye Gabriel

JL

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 2 2018, 04:37 PM
Instructor
Hi mate!

Sure. I think that the lesson that you've shared via PM could be a good one to learn and have a video as a starting point on this new beginning.

We can base at this point on more "musical" lessons with real music licks and phrases, and at the same time do a bit of fretboard learning work that would be to get more into triads, arpeggios, scales, modes, and apply them.

There are 3 things that are essential to start.

- Have a clear knowledge of the CAGED System related to Pentatonic scale, all along the fretboard and be able to jam with it.

- Master major and minor triads all along the fret.board.

- Learn major, minor, dominant and b5-7 arpeggios all along the fretboard.

Relate all these three things, and practice it over chord combinations (or backing tracks).

This is a long term work, you won't master this in a week, or in a month. With some diary practice, results can be seen in aroung 3/6 months, but it's what will take your phrasing and improvisation to the next level.

PS: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Kenny-...pherd-Phrasing/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
krakou
Mar 3 2018, 06:17 PM
Learning Roadie
Hello,

Regarding theory (applied theory), I've made a little video with what I understand, so you get an idea of where I am in my musical journey..
It is improvised, and I've tried to gather everytinh in a few minutes, so be nice to me smile.gif

Here is the link to it:

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AnDDcf9YqgnugZ4Oyo6Sx5SmT8ohMA

Regards

JL

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 01:11 PM