In 1000 Years...
Matt
Sep 2 2007, 11:04 AM
GMC:er
How do you think music will turn out to be?

Do you rekon people will still be listening to metal we listen to today? or even in 100 years do you think people will be listening to maiden and metallica etc?

lol just a weird thought i had looking at the powerslave cover tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Keep Bleeding On 'Til The Day You Die, Forever Love it Loud" - Black Label Society
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nick325
Sep 2 2007, 11:07 AM
it will probly be all techno crap dry.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Sep 2 2007, 11:34 AM
I think music will have evolved into something completly different as it has up to this point.I think there may even be new instruments made to make the new kind of music that will be out 100 years and more from now.About people listening to Metallica ect 100 years from now?Yes i think there will be some that do,ofcourse it wont be as popular as it is today but there is always those few that want to find the roots of what formed there style of music they love and this will be no different smile.gif

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Sep 2 2007, 11:50 AM
I still listen to Bach and stuff but i think the music movement will move towards techno and pop again.. or if the world continues its downwards spiral metal will forever rain supreme mahaha smile.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
kahall
Sep 2 2007, 11:59 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Matt @ Sep 2 2007, 05:04 AM) *

Do you have a link to the exact cover? I wanna see if it has any affect on me. ;-)

Shredmandan, your avatar should be the default for beginners on the forum! I love it, I need it......

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
Pavel
Sep 2 2007, 06:05 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Matt @ Sep 2 2007, 12:04 PM) *
How do you think music will turn out to be?

Do you rekon people will still be listening to metal we listen to today? or even in 100 years do you think people will be listening to maiden and metallica etc?

I'm pretty sure Maiden and Metallica won't have their place in the future. The approach to music is changing and so do the "legendary bands".

I also somehow agree that it will all be techno and all variations of electronic music.

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
fkalich
Sep 2 2007, 06:56 PM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Sep 2 2007, 12:05 PM) *
I'm pretty sure Maiden and Metallica won't have their place in the future. The approach to music is changing and so do the "legendary bands".
I also somehow agree that it will all be techno and all variations of electronic music.

I figure in a 1,000 years, the most popular music will be reed flutes, accompanied by drum music, animals skins stretched on hollowed out logs. Music will be very popular though, as all the years of living in the caves will have encouraged the development of other sensory organs than the eyes, such as the ears.

+Quote Post
Robin
Sep 2 2007, 08:06 PM
Everything will probably just become overproduced boring computer music.

Oh wait, it already has.

This post has been edited by Robin: Sep 2 2007, 08:33 PM

+Quote Post
Kevin98497
Sep 2 2007, 08:32 PM
my opinion is that even if a massive nuclear explosion happened and killed al human race, there will still be a cockroach shredding somewhere in the sewers =]

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Sep 2 2007, 10:02 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
watch futurama, its the year 3000 and modern bands from TODAY are alive and playing then.

DEATH METAL IN THE YEAR 3000!!!

+Quote Post
JVM
Sep 2 2007, 10:39 PM
Learning Roadie
Music has evolved pretty quickly in the past 100 years. Honestly I think computers are capable of some interesting sounds, including emulation of any instrument we can think of, but I think we've heard the basics of what computer driven music can do. I might be wrong, but as long as a large part of what computer music does is emulating instruments there will also be people playing those instruments.

And one thing we'll never get tired of is the human voice.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Sunslayer
Sep 2 2007, 11:00 PM
The british University of Warwick found out that People of high intelligence listen to metal...

I predict that in future we'll be able to increase our IQ by some weird genetic braintuning and therefore the whole world gonna listen to banghead stuff biggrin.gif

- Sunslayer with the word to the Sunday, cheers wink.gif

--------------------
To those who find misspellings, feel free to keep them ;)

+Quote Post
Pavel
Sep 3 2007, 02:43 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (fkalich @ Sep 2 2007, 07:56 PM) *
I figure in a 1,000 years, the most popular music will be reed flutes, accompanied by drum music, animals skins stretched on hollowed out logs. Music will be very popular though, as all the years of living in the caves will have encouraged the development of other sensory organs than the eyes, such as the ears.

Hahahaha thinking of a World War III? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
VinceG
Sep 3 2007, 10:46 AM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Sep 3 2007, 02:02 AM) *
DEATH METAL IN THE YEAR 3000!!!

I wonder if were gonna have a technology to bring people back to life but there just rotting corpses. Then it would be really death metal.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Ryan
Sep 3 2007, 11:04 AM
QUOTE (VinceG @ Sep 3 2007, 04:46 AM) *
I wonder if were gonna have a technology to bring people back to life but there just rotting corpses. Then it would be really death metal.

Hmm thats highly unlikly, Its only possible for corpses, that have not decompased already, and are fresh.. BUT that woudl be awesome to bring back rotting dead dudes haha.

This post has been edited by Ryan: Sep 3 2007, 11:07 AM

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Sep 3 2007, 01:02 PM
QUOTE (Ryan @ Sep 3 2007, 04:04 AM) *
Hmm thats highly unlikly, Its only possible for corpses, that have not decompased already, and are fresh.. BUT that woudl be awesome to bring back rotting dead dudes haha.

lol, even in corpses, thats very unlikely, but very possible as well. You know, who ever thought of Clonation and the Human Genome?

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Ryan
Sep 3 2007, 03:01 PM
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Sep 3 2007, 07:02 AM) *
lol, even in corpses, thats very unlikely, but very possible as well. You know, who ever thought of Clonation and the Human Genome?

The Human Genome?? Havent heard of it.

And in corpses, fresh ones. It not be to unlikely in the future. Id be against it, unless it was under certain circumstances, like murder or something. But if your brain and heart, and lungs and everything in tact. Just think. They shoot some cells, or w/e into. And then they mix with whats left multiplying at a phenomanal rate, and makes that dead, to life!! Its not to far fetched. Right now it is. But in 10 years were suppose to be living on the moon also tongue.gif. Who would have guessed. The future isnt that far away!!
And for water, there gonna squeeze it from rocks. They already have stuff that cant stop bullets, and it is like 90 oxygen, and is the lightest thing in the world, and its like umm. Gelly, but in a thicker form. I watch the sciense channel to much, especially on space.

This post has been edited by Ryan: Sep 3 2007, 03:03 PM

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Sep 4 2007, 10:39 AM
QUOTE (Ryan @ Sep 3 2007, 08:01 AM) *
The Human Genome?? Havent heard of it.

And in corpses, fresh ones. It not be to unlikely in the future. Id be against it, unless it was under certain circumstances, like murder or something. But if your brain and heart, and lungs and everything in tact. Just think. They shoot some cells, or w/e into. And then they mix with whats left multiplying at a phenomanal rate, and makes that dead, to life!! Its not to far fetched. Right now it is. But in 10 years were suppose to be living on the moon also tongue.gif. Who would have guessed. The future isnt that far away!!
And for water, there gonna squeeze it from rocks. They already have stuff that cant stop bullets, and it is like 90 oxygen, and is the lightest thing in the world, and its like umm. Gelly, but in a thicker form. I watch the sciense channel to much, especially on space.

yes the Human Genome, By studying the human genome, you can actually determine which diseases a person will have throught its life. Its in the DNA. Not only diseases, but by altering it, you can basically choose what kind of child you want, i mean by looks, but it might not only apply to looks... ohmy.gif unsure.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 12:07 PM