> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

17 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > »   
Anese's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 30 2016, 09:45 PM
Instructor
Hi Anese! Did you receive it? I don't know if anybody has experience with it but try creating a thread at Gear section.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Anese
Jan 5 2017, 12:11 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 30 2016, 10:45 PM) *
Hi Anese! Did you receive it? I don't know if anybody has experience with it but try creating a thread at Gear section.

Hello Gabby
first of all let me wish a new year full of joy and great music and I would like to thank for
all your efforts for accompanying my musical journey last year.
I received the ESP arming adjuster last monday.
I was already goin through the internet and sucking all the information about trem stabilizer before the item arrived.
I installed it, and with little tweaking and trial i think I came to the best set up i can come up with.
here are some photos below and please check the attached [attachment=45721:stabilizer.mp3] file where I play the second part of the bending lesson so you can hear the double stop and the unison bends at the end.
let me know what you think.
thanks
Attached Image
Attached Image

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 6 2017, 02:05 PM
Instructor
Hi Anese, thanks for the nice words, I wish you a happy new year too. smile.gif

Congrats on the stabilizer, I think that it's working, the problems seems to be solved. I'd like to hear more samples to be sure that this is well set.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
Jan 7 2017, 08:24 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 6 2017, 03:05 PM) *
Hi Anese, thanks for the nice words, I wish you a happy new year too. smile.gif

Congrats on the stabilizer, I think that it's working, the problems seems to be solved. I'd like to hear more samples to be sure that this is well set.

Hello Gabby
listen to this [attachment=45728:bending_take_2.mp3] and let me know what you think
Thanks

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 8 2017, 05:29 PM
Instructor
That's really good man! There are just a few bends that aren't totally precise (for example around 00:26), while the overall sounds great!

Congrats. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
Jan 8 2017, 07:50 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 8 2017, 06:29 PM) *
That's really good man! There are just a few bends that aren't totally precise (for example around 00:26), while the overall sounds great!

Congrats. smile.gif

Should I post this one on the REC room and move on?
Thanks man

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 9 2017, 11:34 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Anese @ Jan 8 2017, 03:50 PM) *
Should I post this one on the REC room and move on?
Thanks man

yes! You'll obviously receive some comments about those bends that are not precise, but the take will pass.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
Jan 17 2017, 09:32 PM
Learning Roadie
Hello Gabriel

I see that my take went kinda well in the REC room

Im glad that it went well, but we have to consider this took me longer than expected to achieve.
anyway what do you have in mind to work with next? any suggestions ?

here's an updated list of the lessons that we previously worked on ..

- Picking Hand basics \ REC take (Learned) REC score : 9

- Hard Rock Power Chords\ REC take (Learned but not mastered) REC score : 8 (kinda bored with it)

- Ben's Vibrato Odyssey 5 \ REC take (Learned) REC socre 9.3

- Classic Punk: Sex Pistols \ REC take (Learned) REC score 7

- Legato and Picking \ REC take (Learned) REC score 7.7

- BucketHead Style II \ REC Take (Learned) REC score 7

- Warming up and finger fitness ( we took this lesson of an alternate picking lesson) you asked me to work on this
lesson daily but to be honest I practice it like once a week or so, and im getting there dont worry about it
here's a TAKE that I recorded back when we were still working on it

- BB's blues lesson (learned) - REC take REC Score:7.7

- Phrasing lesson - you asked me to apply the techniques i learned in this lesson to the previous lessons that I learned - in this TAKE I applied some of the phrases that I learned

- Beginner Bending Workout (learned) REC Take REC score: 9

besides the lessons that we will start to work on, I would appreciate it if you consider adding something as a start
to work on my improvisation/music theory (please note that Im an absolute beginer for that)

Thanks a lot for your patience and guidance

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 18 2017, 02:33 AM
Instructor
Hi mate, thanks a lot for the updated list. This really helps me to visualize your whole progress so please keep it updated and post it at least once per month.

I think that we are ready to get into scales and improvisation. We can use some of our theory threads as a guide. I think that a good place to start is at the Blues Theory Guide.

I'd like you to read the points 1.1 and 1.2 and learn the scales shared there. There are some lesson links shared there that you can use to learn the scales. But once you learn the pentatonic, and then the blues scale in the whole neck (you can use any gmc lesson or the scale generator), please practice it over this backing:

And what about working on this one?

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/15-Blues-Licks/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
Feb 7 2017, 08:02 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 18 2017, 03:33 AM) *
Hi mate, thanks a lot for the updated list. This really helps me to visualize your whole progress so please keep it updated and post it at least once per month.

I think that we are ready to get into scales and improvisation. We can use some of our theory threads as a guide. I think that a good place to start is at the Blues Theory Guide.

I'd like you to read the points 1.1 and 1.2 and learn the scales shared there. There are some lesson links shared there that you can use to learn the scales. But once you learn the pentatonic, and then the blues scale in the whole neck (you can use any gmc lesson or the scale generator), please practice it over this backing:

And what about working on this one?

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/15-Blues-Licks/

All seems great and fun to learn.
I already started to learn the minor pentatonic
It'll take some time and practice to be able to do it better.
I'll start working on the other stuff that you recommended as well.
Thanks Gabby

This post has been edited by Anese: Feb 7 2017, 08:04 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 7 2017, 01:24 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, I'm really happy to read this! Thanks for the update. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
Mar 19 2017, 09:39 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Anese @ Feb 7 2017, 09:02 AM) *
All seems great and fun to learn.
I already started to learn the minor pentatonic
It'll take some time and practice to be able to do it better.
I'll start working on the other stuff that you recommended as well.
Thanks Gabby

Hello Gabby
how are you my friend ?
been noodling around the neck with the blues and pentatonic scales for a while now.
I even learned maybe a trick or two to how actually use them and connect the shapes together.
here's a short vid i uploaded
what do you think ?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 21 2017, 02:12 PM
Instructor
Good! That's a nice take. I can hear that your phrasing is connected by ear to what's happening in the background. The next things that you could work to keep on improving your phrasing are:

+ Trying to get out from playing licks that sound like playing the scale box up on down. How? Here are some ideas:

- Practice the scale on 1 string. Learning the scale all along the fretboard on 1 string and create phrases using the same string can provide some fresh air. You can try this with each of the 6 strings, and also experiment creating melodies using 2 or more strings but with a more horizontal approach.

- String skipping: Try skipping strings when phrasing.

- Learn new scale sequences. Learning and practicing different scale sequences can provide new ways of running scales when playing fast licks.

+ Develop expressing techniques:

- More use of bending, vibrato and dynamics while phrasing. You can search for some lessons at GMC covering this topics to incorporate them in your practice.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
Mar 30 2017, 12:39 PM
Learning Roadie
Hello Gabby

Thank you for your advise, Im glad that take went good.

I tried to implement the points you mentioned in this new take.

have a listen and let me know what you think

Thanks for your help smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 31 2017, 03:37 AM
Instructor
Hi Anese! This is awesome! I can see tbat you are starting to apply the concepts that I've suggested working. Your improvisation starts to sound like a solo. Well done! This is definitely the direction.

Please experiment with the same concepts over this backing and share a new take in 3/4 days:

Then, I'll give you some new tips to work over this one.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
Apr 5 2017, 02:03 AM
Learning Roadie
Hello Gabby
I'm glad that you liked that one, thanks to you though
Here's my next one .. let me know what you think
Thanks a heap biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Anese: Apr 5 2017, 02:05 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 6 2017, 12:30 AM
Instructor
Hi Anese, this is going on the right track. The take has important tuning issues. I think that your guitar is out of tune on this one. Please record a new take with your guitar well tuned and then I'll give you a new tip/task to do over this one.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
Apr 7 2017, 09:58 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 6 2017, 01:30 AM) *
Hi Anese, this is going on the right track. The take has important tuning issues. I think that your guitar is out of tune on this one. Please record a new take with your guitar well tuned and then I'll give you a new tip/task to do over this one.

Hello Gabby
I had new strings on that night, to be honest i usually use ernieball slinky but the local store ran out of those. so i had to use
the Didario strings and i didnt like them at all.. dry.gif haha
anyway I retuned and made sure that everything is well centered and I even checked the intonation and everything seems well.
please recheck this take and let me know if everything is ok or not..
Thank you again

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 7 2017, 01:57 PM
Instructor
Hi Anese, this sounds much better. Now your guitar is on tune so your soloing connects better with the backing track.

I have one question, do you know the Caged system? In other words, do you know the major and minor chords in 5 positions/shapes all along the fret board?

Second questions, have you ever learnt the triads?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
Apr 7 2017, 02:21 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks man
Im glad that worked.

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 7 2017, 02:57 PM) *
I have one question, do you know the Caged system? In other words, do you know the major and minor chords in 5 positions/shapes all along the fret board?

Second questions, have you ever learnt the triads?

Caged system ? No man I never heard that phrase in my learning journey before.
let me add this: in my last take you can see that I started with a chord, I simply just saw that all those notes are in the same A minor pentatonic scale so I said lets play them together...and it seems that it worked for my ears at least.

and for the "traid" ? No I never heard that before either huh.gif

so lets learn the caged system and traids I guess.

Thank you my friend.

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 03:18 PM