New Legato Approach
FretDancer69
Jul 9 2007, 04:22 AM
GMC:er
Hello people, i was checking out the About Kris page and read this:

One thing I have been working on for a while - and probably will be for a while, is a new legato approach. I don't think I am the inventor of it - but it feels very fresh to me, and once I master it, I believe it will give me new possibilities.

I read his page when i first started browsing GMC, even before becoming a member, so its being quite a while since he said he was practicing it.

So, what i (and probably others) wanted to know (this goes to Kris) is how is that new legato approach coming? Have you mastered it yet? if so, can we listen too it?

id really like to check out this new approach that kris mentions!

peace be with you all.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JVM
Jul 9 2007, 04:31 AM
Learning Roadie
I'm interested cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Ryan
Jul 9 2007, 04:33 AM
Hmm, sounds like fun!!

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jul 9 2007, 04:37 AM
Yeah i thought so! wink.gif biggrin.gif , i wanna know what's kris's answer! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ryan
Jul 9 2007, 04:51 AM
Hmm i keep thinking. What it could be, and how is there another way to approach legato. Hmm after 30 mins of thought on this. I cant fingure out one way that coudl be different. Maybe on the pull-offs. Its more of a push-off, or instead of pulling down. Move your finger upwards, but still cant figuer otu any way there is to do a hammer-on!! Im confused, and its bugging me!!

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jul 9 2007, 04:54 AM
QUOTE (Ryan @ Jul 8 2007, 09:51 PM) *
Hmm i keep thinking. What it could be, and how is there another way to approach legato. Hmm after 30 mins of thought on this. I cant fingure out one way that coudl be different. Maybe on the pull-offs. Its more of a push-off, or instead of pulling down. Move your finger upwards, but still cant figuer otu any way there is to do a hammer-on!! Im confused, and its bugging me!!

yea, i been wondering what is it. Kris said this too:

It comprises of 100% hammer-ons, because of the fingering, it lends itself best to triplets.

you gotta check the page man, he has a tab and explains a lil on how its done!

--------------------

+Quote Post
JOhn
Jul 9 2007, 05:11 AM
Iv read about this before when i looked up legato on Google but i don't think its a technique at the moment.

--------------------
The only man it's OK to love is Paul Gilbert.

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jul 10 2007, 07:17 AM
so whats the answer kris? biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
jammer91
Jul 10 2007, 07:05 PM
Yeah a new legato would be cool, but whats wrong with the old hammer on, pull off legato technique that pavel covered....

Is Kris gonna invent a new legato?

Cool dry.gif (nah i really dont care lol)

Actually maybe i do care...? blink.gif

--------------------

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 10 2007, 12:27 AM) *
Part of the key to success is to never call yourself good...

My RIg:
-Epiphone 1967 FLying V
-Line 6 POD XT live
-VOX Valvetronics AD30VT
-Yamaha EG-112
-Yamaha GA-10
-Some Yamaha acoustic which is a magnet to dust under my bed

End World Hunger

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jul 10 2007, 08:02 PM
QUOTE (jammer91 @ Jul 10 2007, 12:05 PM) *
Yeah a new legato would be cool, but whats wrong with the old hammer on, pull off legato technique that pavel covered....

Is Kris gonna invent a new legato?

Cool dry.gif (nah i really dont care lol)
Actually maybe i do care...? blink.gif

lol, Pavel's legato is great, but im just curious and what Kris is talking about, he said this new approach would open more possibilities. ohmy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:29 AM