Introduction - New To Site, Just saying hello
Kalkilla
Sep 3 2013, 01:05 PM
GMC:er
Hello Everyone. Just thought I'd say hello and a few lines about myself. I've always wanted to play guitar, but never really got serious about it. So now I'm just about 40 and I've decided to put some hard work into it whenever I can. I'm an old metal head at heart, but enjoy all kinds of music, rock, blues, classical, neoclassical and the list goes on. I work away from home, so when I'm back home on a month's leave, I've decided to put 2 or 3 hours a day into learning what I can. To me important is to learn it right and not how fast I can play it at first. Any advice is most welcome, cause it's kind of hard to know where to start and to self assess myself as far as my playing abilities are concerned. Rock on Everyone.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Sep 3 2013, 01:11 PM
Learning Rock Star
Welcome Kalkilla! You're definitely at the right place smile.gif everybody at GMC is very supportive and your playing will improve over time smile.gif see you around man

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Patrik Berg
Sep 3 2013, 01:29 PM
Hey Kalkilla, I'm a fellow metal head too (that is nearing 40) this is a great site, lots of support from the instructors here and they're very approachable so don't hesitate to drop them a line about your playing.

--------------------
When your fingers bleed you're getting somewhere

+Quote Post
mad
Sep 3 2013, 02:32 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Welcome! As a nearing 40-guy, too I can tell you, here's the right place to start smile.gif
See you around the forum!

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Sep 3 2013, 03:30 PM
Hey man, welcome to GMC! smile.gif I started out 6 years ago, and I'm 21 now. I joined GMC in January and the amount of progress that I've made in those few months that have passed is so much more than I improved in the last 6 years smile.gif So I'm a success story too laugh.gif

Bear Rose's beginner corner series are great to get you started with the guitar! Can you tell a bit more about your skill level? If you have already started playing, that is.

--------------------

Download my free guitar and Floyd Rose setup guide: http://www.samsguitars.tk/

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Sep 3 2013, 04:02 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hey Kalkilla and WELCOME !

I am 54 right now as i remember right mellow.gif

I wasn`t into metal before i came here .... huh.gif but i start to love ... parts of it cool.gif

Have a GOOD TIME !

Dieter

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 3 2013, 04:05 PM
Instructor
Hey man! Welcome to the site! You are planning to learn many styles and your learning philosophy is exactly what we always suggest here. It's true that we have lots of very good lessons here so the best would be to create a diary schedule for practice and set goals weekly and monthly, defining the lessons that you will master in those periods of time.

You can choose Cosmin, Darius or me as your mentor (or even try with each of us an then keep with the one that you have more feeling), to help you, give feedback and assistance.

Enjoy GMC! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Nava
Sep 3 2013, 07:20 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hey Kalkilla!
Welcome to the right site on The Net wink.gif
I'm way over 40 myself and if u love ur guitar u sure are on the right place!
Excellent and very nice and friendly instructors and students.
If u want to improve, u will do it for sure here wink.gif

--------------------
If it sounds good, it IS good! And if you think its good then there is gonna be someone else in the world that thinks its good:)Wise words from former instructor Marcus Lavendell.

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 3 2013, 10:00 PM
Instructor
Helllo and Waaaaaarrrrrmmmm wellcome! smile.gif come and join our chats and collabs. This would be great fun! smile.gif Don't hesitate to ask us on the private messages! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Sep 4 2013, 06:57 AM
Learning Tone Master

Welcome to GMC smile.gif See you around the forum.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 4 2013, 09:57 AM
Instructor
Hey man! Welcome to GMC! I will write in this thread but I will use some info I picked up from the other one tongue.gif

As far as my musical goals are concerned: I'd love to understand how music theory works and its building blocks and be able to comfortably apply it into my playing. I've learned a few songs and scales from tab, but don't have the understanding of how it was built and why it sounds the way it does, as if everything is in the right place, "if that makes sense".

I totally recommend you to start with the following things:

- Understanding basic theory
- Learning a few easy lessons in which you can spot various theoretical notions at work

What do you say - we can work together on this if you wish smile.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 4 2013, 10:46 AM

Welcome to GMC!!! smile.gif This is the most supportive and awesome place on the web for guitar players. You are in good company as there are wads of Metal Heads here smile.gif I"m one myself!! Join us Saturday/Sunday for my video chat lessons if you can smile.gif The schedule is on the front page of the site just scroll down.

Welcome aboard Kalkilla!!

Todd

QUOTE (Kalkilla @ Sep 3 2013, 08:05 AM) *
Hello Everyone. Just thought I'd say hello and a few lines about myself. I've always wanted to play guitar, but never really got serious about it. So now I'm just about 40 and I've decided to put some hard work into it whenever I can. I'm an old metal head at heart, but enjoy all kinds of music, rock, blues, classical, neoclassical and the list goes on. I work away from home, so when I'm back home on a month's leave, I've decided to put 2 or 3 hours a day into learning what I can. To me important is to learn it right and not how fast I can play it at first. Any advice is most welcome, cause it's kind of hard to know where to start and to self assess myself as far as my playing abilities are concerned. Rock on Everyone.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 01:03 PM