What Happens
jstcrsn
Jan 12 2011, 05:27 PM
Learning Tone Master
when you take a guy with a great ear ,and what seems to be no musical knowledge ,but he gets
to be professionally a shredder

Goerge lynch

I thought i'd get the bright idea to learn mr.scary and lets just say if you have never learned Lynch, it is mr. freakin scary
you are going to have to throw out all of your scales that you have practiced for years on end -because they are not going to help you
AT ALL
He is so unorthadoxed it is unreal ,so i don;t know how longit will take me to memorize this and even though i might blow a fuse
i am enjoying doing something not so scaler (if you know what meean)

i encourage you all to take a look at mr.-----Lynch's stuff and would like to know if their is some other shredders that are unorthadoxed ?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Jan 12 2011, 05:42 PM
Learning Tone Master
Very healthy, good luck! Too many people gets lost in theory, and forgets to listen smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Zsolt Galambos
Jan 13 2011, 01:59 PM
GMC Coordinator & Instructor
George Lynch is one of my all-time-favorite guitar players. I thing he was the first guitarist to implement the Japanese scales in his solos without even knowing about them biggrin.gif His phrasings are beyond comprehension, you just need to listen to him over and over again and he sorta pulls you into this river of sounds and feelings

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile

Check out my Personal Board

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 13 2011, 02:08 PM
Instructor
Yes George Lynch is a monster ! My first introduction to him was the live Dokken album, 'Beast From The East'.. I still think it's got some of his best ever work and still blows me away today. Check out the version of Mr Scary from that album, it's even more 'off the wall !' biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 13 2011, 03:25 PM
GMC:er
Such a killer player. One of my all time favs. His use crazy playing is always impressive. He has a very solid foundation of technique but combines it with truly unique scale/lick construction. More like a Jazz player in many ways that a metal player. His use of micro tonal and extra tonal scales (some of which I'm sure he just made up on his own) is always fresh. He gets sort of pigeon holed as a metal/rock player as his stuff is heavy and aggressive, but he really transcends that if you really listen to what he is playing.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 02:20 AM